Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Intrepid Studios Appreciation Post

Hey guys, I've been inactive on the forums for quite some time. But I wanted to take this time to write a small post and appreciate everything Intrepid Studios has accomplished recently.

• Their recent stream covering the early alpha one preview restored hope to the community.
  • The creative-directors-letter gave us a lot of information regarding alpha one
  • ALPHA ONE TESTING DATES?!?!

Also, my 2080 TI arrived and I'm REALLY hyped to use it on AoC's amazing graphics.

This summer is going to be a busy one for Intrepid, the community, and myself. I can't wait to sink my teeth into what Intrepid has worked so hard to show us. See you guys soon™

dEbtg6Q.jpg
He's a phantom | twitch.tv/dphantomtv

Comments

• Yeeees. Thank you Intrepid for being the last hope of the genre for many people! Much love to hardworking devs 🐝 and special thanks to Toast and Margaret for being awesome ❤️

Can't forget the trio ofc

91Utvj7.gif
    signature.png
  • DrEpochDrEpoch Member, Phoenix Initiative
    Any Developer at Intrepid. I don't know you personally. But. Thank you. ❤️ For all your hard work.
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    giphy.gif
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • We appreciate the appreciation <3

In all seriousness, we couldn't be more excited to be able to show off all our hard work to you, so we can all jump in and play together!!!
    community_management.gif
  • KisaKisa Member
    Can't wait for releaseeeee <3
  • AlluringAlluring Moderator, Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Congrats on your goodies Danny boi!!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • dphantomtvdphantomtv Member, Alpha One
    We appreciate the appreciation <3

In all seriousness, we couldn't be more excited to be able to show off all our hard work to you, so we can all jump in and play together!!!

We appreciate that you appreciate our appreciation ;)
    dEbtg6Q.jpg
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    And appreciation does not depreciate!
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    giphy.gif
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    wafiq-abrahams-08-thank-you-big-v3.gif?1522405499
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I am critical of Intrepid when they make bad decisions but overall they’ve done a good job and I still have faith in the game. Recent progress has been extremely encouraging. Great job team. :relieved:

Hhak63P.png
  • Yes I do want to take a moment to thank the devs at Intrepid Studios game looks better and better every day.
    There are a lot of little things that I like about the game that are not like huge features

Like the GUI has a compass great for faring the high seas.

In one of the early videos Steven was talking about putting a secret door or compartment says a lot about the dungeoun design actually think it was just quest.

Pretty cool how players were allowed to vote for type of pet little while back.

Remeber the Holloween after the kick starter there was a contest for Jack o lanterns and the results were simply amazing. Few of them worthy to be put in game.

Art work looks great and looks like the devs have their creativity unleashed like the four winged falcon. Means that they are not confined to standard monsters in MMOs and there are the runic mooses too.
    This is a pretty big thing actually. Cause in order for them to create truly epic things they have to be allowed to go outside the norm.

Plus the awesome features that I have already mention in other posts. Like no fast travel is going to make game world seem gigantic plus it is already pretty big. So glad this game is not a clone.

Also it is pretty evident that the devs are putting a Herculian effort to make a good game not just gimmicks.

Also glad that we were given the opportunity to meet some of the devs at Intrepid. My impression of them is that they love were they are and they love what they are doing. One of the gents seemed a little nervous but rather have that 1000 times over than some of the smooth talking devs in other companies. Things like that count a lot im my book.

• Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yes, great job to the whole team. Keep on kicking butt!
  • dphantomtvdphantomtv Member, Alpha One
    Bumped for Steven appreciation over these past few weeks doing KILLER work on a PR standpoint.
    dEbtg6Q.jpg
  • FathymFathym Member
    I appreciate the fact that, unlike most developers, Steven pays attention to the forums and interacts with us. Its only been a day or two since all of the talk about multi-boxing started and he's already responded by making the next dev discussion about it. It really makes the community feel listened to.
  • I'm quite new to AoC but I also share this sentiment! I've been posting in Twitter and the Twitter staff has been kindly responding to me and that's such a rare occurence in studios nowaways, so my most hearty thank you for everything you guys have been doing and the communication throughout the time. It really really means a lot.
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Healawin wrote: »
    I appreciate the fact that, unlike most developers, Steven pays attention to the forums and interacts with us. Its only been a day or two since all of the talk about multi-boxing started and he's already responded by making the next dev discussion about it. It really makes the community feel listened to.

This is rare for the forums
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We appreciate the appreciation <3

@LieutenantToast when half of these hillbillies do finally get to play together you know they will just go murder hobo on your good self.

But it is good to see Intrepids hard work and we as a community being able to appreciate and pay back that hard work with overwhelmingly positive feedback. Great work Intrepid.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • StevenSharifStevenSharif Moderator, Member, Staff, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    Thanks frands ❤️
  • Don't let this thread die o:)
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Best Dev team to date! We appreciate all that your doing and thanks again for the sneak peak into making the game!