Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Anyone else tracking FracturedMMO?

ekadzatiekadzati Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Anyone else here have them on their radar, and how do you think they compare to AoC's offering to date?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_OHzvYFal8 (original call to action)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8qxrRU-xMw (latest Q/A)

Speak as a friend, find a friend. Speak as a foe? To hell you can go. (Is it Alpha 2 yet?)

Comments

• Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    I've been tracking fractured, I also make content for them, and its almost nothing like Ashes.

Off the bat its a downward isometic game. Its all action. There is full loot PvP on some planets.

They are the same in that they are MMORPGs, and that is about where the similarities end.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    JubilumJubilum Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Systems and game play have potential. But, the top down view makes it a hard NO for me.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    jubilum wrote: »
    Systems and game play have potential. But, the top down view makes it a hard NO for me.

For me, that view means I'l unlikely to play it more than a few hours a month.

But I probably will play it when it comes out, for a few hours a month. Don't think I'm interested enough to test it out though.
  • Options
    StevenSharifStevenSharif Moderator, Member, Staff, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    I think they have some cool ideas! I’ve just never really gotten into isometric mmos.
  • Options
    grisugrisu Member
    More aware of it's existence than tracking it. I get too much of an Albion vibe from it. That one sounded and was presented a lot like Fractured but yeah didn't turn out too well in the end.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    I don't like moving my character with the mouse, I get tired easily.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    According to their website, Fractured will be a sandbox mmorpg with no grind.....

... Hahahahhahahahahah

Seriously who do they think they're fooling here.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm interested to see how isometric MMOs do. I think I've heard albion is doing alright.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm interested to see how isometric MMOs do. I think I've heard albion is doing alright.

Who knows, especially when they go with action combat. One of the problems with an isometric camera is that it can screw with perceptions of where you are positioned compared to someone else. Anyone who has played LoL knows how janky the hitboxes are, and that is partly due to how the camera is positioned.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    FlashmanFlashman Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited May 2020
    I've been tracking Fractured. It's a completely and utterly different game from AoC in just about every single way. Comparing them is apples and oranges, honestly. I'm not sure there's any benefit at all in doing so. For its style of game, I think it's shaping up pretty well. Certainly much better than stuff like Albion Online.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I played Marvel Heroes on PC which worked really well as an online isometric action game. The combat in the videos looks similar which is promising to me. My biggest disappointment with Marvel Heroes was that it wasn’t much of an RPG. I loved playing with iconic heroes but I disliked the inability to make your own character and the lack of any real immersive story. Also, it might as well have been a single player game; there were few opportunities or incentives to play with other players, and generally other players just happened to be around, but didn’t work together or anything.

I also enjoyed the Diablo series and its clone Torchlight, and Path of Exile. I’m no stranger to isometric action games, and they can work well.

I’ll keep an eye on this one.

Hhak63P.png