Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Armour megathread

Comments

• Options
    EuphorrixEuphorrix Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    toc-lichking.jpg?maxWidth=1281&maxHeight=1623

a7d5ab32d9e90ba8d156bb8b7b9f1c0e.png

42768660841_01c3b69bac_z.jpg
  • Options
    BotBot Member
    I think Aion, Blade & Soul, and Tera had some cool armor. I overall just like sleek looking combat suits. Either plate sets that look like something you'd expect a prince to wear in an anime, leather sets that an assassin would wear, or cloth armor that is more than just plain robes.
    3-5_tiamats-eternal-plate01_m.jpg
    7-things-you-need-to-know-about-bladesouls-western-release.jpg
    blade-and-soul-7.jpg
    armor-aion-video-games-wallpaper-preview.jpg
    c9360ecba4218d2829182fc490130693.jpg
    tumblr_mgmun4oFau1s3tm36o1_1280.jpg
  • Options
    EmberstoneEmberstone Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    That dwarf leather armor sure looks good for a lv 10 set!

I always liked the armor that allowed for a cape or just capes as a armor slot option. I dont feel like an adventurer without it, even though they're impracticle for combat irl....

I already saw a video of a really nice green cloak with cloth physics in a aoc video couple days back,
    But here's my example of badass use of a cloak.
    ea3dd6beaa81e3dc4b51080cd0b2b539.jpg
    ftcm67938qg3.gif
  • Options
    StevenSharifStevenSharif Moderator, Member, Staff, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    It took my phone like 2 min to open this thread 😂😂
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2020
    It took my phone like 2 min to open this thread 😂😂

Steven plz: something influenced from doom plate armorrrr!!!!!
    I mean colour wise actually, midnight/navy blue cloth underneath and dark steel plate.

• Options
    I like this armor. I wonder, could we get a 2nd shot of this pic, but with the Dwarfs beard actually fully showing? Cuz I'm guessing y'all hid the beard back so you can show off the armor. Or at least I hope you did because if that's even a minor default dwarf beard, that ain't no dwarf beard.
  • Options
    blacxkyblacxky Member
    edited August 2020
    Maybe someone remember this game . It was my first MMO and some of the armors looks very well in my oppinion :)

X90UCOO.jpg

hoPYzwE.jpg

KRbIoT3.jpg

18eSCtU.jpg

ZRjwwuu.jpg

5T6TJJh.jpg

Some more armors are good to see in this video :)

https://youtu.be/xq-EtoWBFXc
  • Options
    SevrecordsSevrecords Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    fb3cfa-1597217310.png

e07b7c-1597217343.png

• Options
    Sevrecords wrote: »
    fb3cfa-1597217310.png

e07b7c-1597217343.png

There are some really nice looking costumes in BDO but the normal armors nearly all look like ***** becouse they want to force to buy costumes . but i like that one you posted and i got it aswell ^^
  • Options
    CakeyCakey Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    i really like fur on armor like winter stuff

• Options
    edited August 2020
    uBdHnjc.png

I like the realistic style on most of the BDO costumes. I think the more realistic it stays the better it looks. I dont like the route WOW took in the end. There is alot of just glowing burning and so on effcts on the armor wich is overkill. Less is more :)
  • Options
    uBdHnjc.png

I like the realistic style on most of the BDO costumes. I think the more realistic it stays the better it looks. I dont like the route WOW took in the end. There is alot of just glowing burning and so on effcts on the armor wich is overkill. Less is more :)

yes your totally right.
  • Options
    Thats my favorit bdo warrior outfit. i think it was from the berserker event.

o53ofqvy9vz31.png?width=1044&format=png&auto=webp&s=6c58d4a9d36ddbc9cb69f5eeda40e8d1ff44130d
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Bdo does have very good art I must say. Better than ffxi. Big time.
  • Options
    blacxky wrote: »
    Thats my favorit bdo warrior outfit. i think it was from the berserker event.

o53ofqvy9vz31.png?width=1044&format=png&auto=webp&s=6c58d4a9d36ddbc9cb69f5eeda40e8d1ff44130d

That sure does look good.
    Dark Knight Dummo

d681818dab4ff18eaec03b0dffa7a634.gif
  • Options
    The helmet makes the armor really
    3Lp6OeJ.jpg
    LQIHRJw.png
  • Options
    I just hope we won't see those overly naked female characters, having an end game gear and looking like a prostitute. If so please increase their physical damage taken by 50%. :smiley:
  • Options
    NyxxaNyxxa Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tarvald wrote: »
    EVERY SINGLE ARMOR POSTED IN THE DISCORD AFTER STEVEN ANNOUNCED

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ZYwGxnBGZlah-k5J5U3BQ5lmJ-nlq1MEjgD9yUr_A4/edit?usp=sharing

Do enjoy.

Its seems you missed a few. They were posted in multiple chats. Sadly I saw some posted before and after mine, but not mine. I suppose some of those pictures may have been posted in multiple chats. Thanks for the effort though!
    StagAxiomSigCleaned.png
  • Options
    I just hope we won't see those overly naked female characters, having an end game gear and looking like a prostitute. If so please increase their physical damage taken by 50%. :smiley:

Xena the warrior princess kicked ass and wore a skin showing armor. That's ok.
    Bikinis are not.
  • Options
    Batzone96Batzone96 Member
    edited August 2020
    So, as I'm the only casual MMO player here I have to clearly say that in this forum are more veteran, and more eastern/asian-style driven players posting.
    Now, I don't think 1st. this fancy eastern mmorpg style is fitting as much and 2nd. it's an instant turn off for casual players like me.
    One thing why WoW is so succesfully is because of the simple style and aesthetic.
    Ofc the WoW style is outdated but the simplicity makes (casual) players play the game.
    I don't like overstimulating screens full of players with overly fancy shiny armor like shown in this thread. It's exhausting to look at. Yeah of course it can make you stick out but in the end most people will run around with this overly shiny end-gear armor, it won't be special.
    I really like the simple style and aesthetic AoC is doing right now, don't change that!.
    Augments and enchantments should optically stand out, the base armor has to be simple. End game armor is another story, but only in measure.

Please keep it simple! Sorry to say that but most of the armor shown in this thread is way too edgy, especially these half naked characters (don't get offended, i'm speaking for the casual players). Don't turn this into eastern aesthetics, we already have more than enough of them.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure AoC will find its own 'style' but I like my current armor in WoW:
    vLctqG1.png

I also like armor from Aion.

From Genres outside MMOS Godfall armor looks like what I've always wanted:
    Godfall.jpg?itok=U-Z02ZDR
  • Options
    Batzone96 wrote: »
    So, as I'm the only casual MMO player here I have to clearly say that in this forum are more veteran, and more eastern/asian-style driven players posting.
    Now, I don't think 1st. this fancy eastern mmorpg style is fitting as much and 2nd. it's an instant turn off for casual players like me.
    One thing why WoW is so succesfully is because of the simple style and aesthetic.
    Ofc the WoW style is outdated but the simplicity makes (casual) players play the game.
    I don't like overstimulating screens full of players with overly fancy shiny armor like shown in this thread. It's exhausting to look at. Yeah of course it can make you stick out but in the end most people will run around with this overly shiny end-gear armor, it won't be special.

Please keep it simple! Sorry to say that but most of the armor shown in this thread is way too edgy, especially these half naked characters (don't get offended, i'm speaking for the casual players). Don't turn this into eastern aesthetics, we already have more than enough of them.

Hey, im with you with that. Just keep the Armor simple and realistic. But WoW isnt the one to adress here. Because the endgame Gear in WoW got shynier than ever. If you take a look in Claassic WoW this will be ok. But looking on Retail.... we have alot of glowing, burning, shining and even bulcky armor designs that just look like you are the Raidboss itself. I dont like that kind of OP looking armor. The Armor must fit the class you are playing, like the mage i posted. Just a simple mage robe like every mage would love to look like in endgame. When you now take a look on WoW Retail, you have glowing shoulders glowing hats and your staff looks like a Meteorblast.

uBdHnjc.png

• Options
    Batzone96 wrote: »
    I really like the simple style and aesthetic AoC is doing right now, don't change that!.
    Augments and enchantments should optically stand out, the base armor has to be simple. End game armor is another story, but only in measure.

i dont get it what a shiny armor weapon or whatever got to do with beeing casual . its just a personal taste what you like. i also like it more simple , am i casual now? :O
  • Options
    The topic is post your favourite armors.
    Don't derail the thread. The discussion of eastern vs western or casuals does not belong here.
    plz dont take the bait.
  • Options
    plz dont take the bait.

your right :smile:

what i also really liked was the Alexander armor sett from ff14

zjA7ZqcQoaL9krpln_ZUjk_mHMty-g_Vu0KCnSGcaIs.jpg?auto=webp&s=eece2ce1df6009fd80094b8560cc63b2b13683f1

• Options
    frogboundfrogbound Member
    edited August 2020
    Let me start of by saying that that Dwarf looks absolutely astonishing. That look is right up my alley and I can't express how happy I am.
    As a fan of the smaller races I am even more happy to see such a strong and stout looking one with a perfectly fitting leather set.

Out of all the Armor Sets I have used over the years I think the most memorable where those that looked less fancy. Something that looks like it could actually be used in a battle. I have never been a fan of Cloaks (especially the WoW ones) so I barely use them.

I had to dig deep to find some screenshots so bare with me. I haven't played actively in a while.

The first one was my Monk. She was fierce and she was ready to duke it out with anyone. Her Armor was supposed to look the part. The leather feeling is there and it doesn't look like anything would restrict movement so she could be as quick as she needed to be.
    OcWvn4h.jpg

My Warrior has always been a Tank. Clad in Armor and a Shield as high as her. Nothing was supposed to be able to pierce through to her skin with extra care for her head. The thickest plate around the nogging so she could not only protect others but also herself. What good is a tank that can't take a couple of big hits. She was ready for those enemies that hit like a truck.
    rtjG9nl.jpg

My Priest wasn't at all "priestly". She loved glamour, she loved fame and she wanted to dress the part. Only the most beautiful and outstanding Dresses that showed off her wealth. A staff made of Jade and a dress embroided with gold and some bronze. But she also loved to help those in need as long as they would listen to her fashion advice.
    5BRY5P2.jpg

For this guy? Well I thought the coat looked absolutely amazing. I haven't played Tree of Savior in a while but they did a lot of things right. Please ignore the immersion breaking clothing of his friend to the right.
    QPY1yqv.png
  • Options
    Amuli Armor from the old old game Asherons Call that i started to play 1999 (RIP) :)
    All stats, colors etc was rng when it dropped from mobs, loved it.

VwaztIQ.jpg
  • Options
    deadmanspricedeadmansprice Moderator, Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The topic is post your favourite armors.
    Don't derail the thread. The discussion of eastern vs western or casuals does not belong here.
    plz dont take the bait.

He's on point. You can show your favourite armours and explain why you really like 'em. Or just post your favourites. No need to go into any arguments, really.

Thus far, everyone's been showing a lot of good armours from multiple MMOs, and it is awesome, I see you have a great taste.. I encourage you all to keep it going! Steven is reading this thread as evidenced by his earlier post.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    Monk armor
    monk-three.jpg
    latest?cb=20150327021111
    or ascetic friar robe
    jarad-vincent-figure-highrez.jpg?1443930907
  • Options
    DarkfuriaDarkfuria Member
    edited August 2020
    Dont know how to put pics in here lol