Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

For the Devs

12346»

Comments

• CelindaCelinda Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    I would also like to thank the devs and the hole team for there hard work over the last years and especially for the last weekend. We saw the progress from day to day, leading to a good and fun pre alpha experience. Keep it up, its still a long way to go :smile::heart:
  • PlasticLemonsPlasticLemons Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I can't describe how incredible it felt to be able to finally step into the game and play. Even though it was barebones and lagging, I had such a great time. We've been waiting for all this time and supporting for all this time and for it to be finally starting to come out, and look and feel so GOOD, I'm just so excited for the team. Everyone has been doing a great job for the entire project, and it is so great to be able to help. Thank you Intrepid <3
  • HDCBlazeHDCBlaze Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Devs! WOW! What great work I have seen! I think it is safe to say that you all have saved my faith that MMOs can still be fun! This being yet only an alpha tells me that we will only see better! I also wanted to thank you all for the option to see and play in Alpha 1. Great work, and see you next testing phase!
  • DreadnaughtDreadnaught Member, Staff
    edited May 2021
    Hey guys, Tradd "Dred" Thompson here - thanks so much for all the kind and motivating words. It really goes farther than you might think. We always read and evaluate the criticisms here, which are incredibly valuable, but it's just as valuable to see that occasional positive reinforcement mixed in as well.

As one of the combat guys, it's really great to hear many of you feel like we're heading in the right direction with combat gameplay. But you ain't seen nothin' yet - combat's going to keep getting better, especially post-alpha when we have some time to really sit down and focus on the future of the game. We've heard some of your feedback as well and hope to squeeze some QOL improvements in for Alpha 1, but know that there is still so much to come!

We'll not be resting on our laurels. :)
    design.gif
  • TalemireTalemire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    As I stated earlier in the Discord channel, we're still at the part where the journey is the highlight of our experience so far, and it has been memorable to say the least. We've seen you guys tested, and in that we've seen you guys all pull together and succeed in dealing with all the hurdles that have come our way. I'm really proud of you all, and I couldn't be more hyped for the next phase of testing, and especially once we get to A2 where we finally get to test the systems. Keep focused, don't lose steam, keep pushing dates back if you need to, and continue making it a concrete point to meet your internal goals. Don't be afraid to say something needs more work until it goes above and beyond expectations. The growing pains are going to continue being painful, but keep reminding yourselves that it will all be well worth it in the end. Thank you, Intrepid Studios, and God bless you guys!
    Isaiah 41:10
  • itsAlec404itsAlec404 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    While testing Alpha 1, it was absolutely amazing to see a product that's only in Alpha and its already more advanced and smoother running than "finished products" that have been released. To Steven and the Dev team, I salute you and the dedication you are putting into this game. Seeing what has already been done in game and knowing that every day that passes its only getting better and finer tuned has me extremely excited for the future. Keep up the work, take your time and create the dream you all would like... and again thanks for all of your hard work
  • SneakzSneakz Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Great work team, to commit and spend that time over a weekend for us players to enjoy and feel the world of Verra is very much appreciated.

Whilst the game isn't quite where I hoped it would be (selfish I know I just want to play release rn :P ) you guys are doing a fantastic job and to see the nodes, mayor ship and caravan system in place was great as it's the core of the game.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to more spot tests/ monthly streams showing your awesome work!
  • TempTemp Member
    Cant wait to dig into A2, thanks for your work AOC management.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I admire smart fellows like you that can make something as complex as video games. I hope you all get to express your ideas with your work under Steven. Keep going. Bring us back the good times of mmorpgs: open world, real player interactions, challenging progress. Thank you
  • ReclusiarcReclusiarc Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thanks guys - I didn't get a tonne of time to play the weekend test but I absolutely loved what I did get to play. Really showed how much potential AoC has. Super excited and can't wait to test more.

Thanks for all your hard work - can't wait to give feedback and see things as they come to life.
  • RealArtworkRealArtwork Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    We appreciate your work so much i for myself are really afraid of the development of most games lately there are a lot of games that mostly feel like a cash grab and are developed without any passion one is mainly in my mind that you just talked about recently.

So far AoC is the exact opposite i love how you guys got your priorities straight and how this dream from the community is seemingly shared with the Devs.
    Please take your time to finish this vision from us all i will stay with this game for several years as long i can feel the respect for the community and the love for the game and i hope that every single one of you stays healthy!

Thanks!
  • Thank you all devs and testers for your good work. I watched almost all videos about pre alpha testing after release of the verbal NDA. Those were very exciting and I'm looking forward to Alpha-1. ❤❤
    Foskar Tv
    Ashes of Creation Turkish Content Creator: Click to Watch My Videos

pPpBhGd.jpg
  • IronsmithyIronsmithy Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thank you to all the devs and staff! To be honest I am amazed by the amount of activity we see daily from the staff and how quickly during this past weekends test the entire team was able to identify the problems and hand and hotfix them out! The difference from Friday to Sunday was night and day! Keep up the amazing work and I look forward to being along for the journey every step of the way!

Special mention to Steven, Margaret, and Toast! The entire time the testing windows were open the 3 of you were EXTREMELY active in the discord comunicating what was happening and answering our question, at an EXTREMELY rapid rate I might ad, every step of the way! Thank you SO much! 👍❤
  • ragedscavengerragedscavenger Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thank you devs for all the work you do, all the after hours the whole team does for testing. I understand the long weekends you guys must have.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and fixes bugs and doing optimizations.

Looking forward to more testing when it’s ready :smiley:
  • DiuraDiura Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    I think everyone agrees that the passion from Intrepid Studios shows~
    Intrepid Studios vision for Ashes of Creation is very clear and we can see the direction it's going for which is very promising and exciting!
    I truly expected a weekend of download errors, client crashes and more but to my surprise it went rather smooth!
    Besides from the rubberbanding (which was quickly resolved) the "technical test" of the weekend went amazingly!

Really want to applaud the hands-on community communication from the Devs. It truly shows how much Intrepid care for community feedback. Steven, Margaret and Toast gave frequent updates to what was going on and even joined in on general banter. It really felt like we were one big team :)

I look forward to the next steps in our journey of developing Ashes of Creation~ ^^

*edit*
    Even the fact that this thread exists is so thoughtful ^^ I can see a few Intrepid Staff members have taken the time to post a wee thankyou too. What a wonderful community we have~
    ...and we are only at the beginning <3
    8st3lhnx21to.png
  • CaracarnCaracarn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    Greetings
    I have never been part of game testing of this size and didnt really know what to expect. I am a veteran gamer though and RPG and MMORPG always been my favorites.
    I wont share about combat, questing, scenary at this stage as it is too early.

I am glad devs and those involved gave us some main objective in the testing. With that I could just check that and take the rest as bonus. I had no stress on making certain progression with characters and just slowly enjoyed the scenary.

I do hope there can be a lively and good discusison about the rest of the game later. I do feel Entrepid listens and want the same thing as us. To make a great MMORPG. I can give alot of feedback on various topics but save it for later. Keep up the good work and dont change. I really like the transparacy in this company.
  • kryPrimkryPrim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hello dear dev team,

I really enjoyed the weekend and I don't regret investing in an Alpha 1 package for a second. I had the 3 days more fun in a MMO than in the last 7 years.
    And thanks for lifting the verbal NDA, now I can share my impressions with my community as well, since Apoc everyone is hot for Ashes of Creation and can't wait anymore.

I hope I could contribute something with my bug reports so we will have an even better experience soon. I am very excited about what awaits us in the long alpha month of July, I can hardly wait.

And I hope you could catch up on your sleep from the weekend ;)

See you in the next dev stream or live in game? :)
    Good luck and the whole Intrepid team is doing a great job.

Thanks for that.

• recklessreckless Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty
    This game goin to be mf’N lit! .... too my intrepid family keep up the great work! Yeeee!
  • wrathlordwrathlord Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    Im mainy focused on the END game of the node system, how the population will spread out, the frequency of conflict between the waring cities, the long term fate of a vassel citys, and mainly the pull factor which will cause some kind of unavoidable need for conflict. I think how this all plays out will be critical. As for the game so far, im looking forward to seeing Intrepid Studios become an industry powerhouse.
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Q spam was brought up months ago. I had hoped the combat revamps would remove the q spam. Not sure whether the Devs are even aware of the Q spam problem. I can only hope the A1 Testers have given a wealth of feedback on the Q spam because us A2 Testers are lower priority in the feedback state.

For reference and for the highlight of the q spam issue still prevalent at the time of testing due to Verbal Feedback from A1 Testers.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • NyxxaNyxxa Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dear Devs,

I saw this test as a chance of a lifetime.

Thanks to you, it was not only the most exciting time I have ever had, and the most fun I have had in years, making for some of the best memories I now have.

The speed at which the login issues was resolved from Friday to Saturday, absolutely BLEW MY MIND! You guys are AMAZING!

And beauty of the world is UNPARALLELED!

Not only that, but the combat animations feel so real at times I could just picture myself there!

You have all done such GREAT work that even though this may be Stevens idea, this game is like a DREAM COME TRUE!

THANK YOU for making it a REALITY!

With Great Love and Appreciation,
    Nyxxa
    StagAxiomSigCleaned.png
  • CaptainCraftinCaptainCraftin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would love to say thank you so very much for all the hardwork and dedication going into Ashes of Creation! Without yall we would would not see this truly beautiful game! Continue to keep up the amazing work! I have never seen another game bust it's ass off in the rigorous manner in which yall have with a very short window of active testing. Again thank you so much I'm sure we will see Ashes of Creation prosper into the Best MMO on the market!
    ~CaptainSlashin~