Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

UE5 Map - What should the Expanded Area Look Like?

skafftarussskafftaruss Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited January 2022 in General Discussion
Congratulations for moving to UE5. A bold and great move by Intrepid. First - what is the new expanded size - roughly? So what are your thoughts?

My opinion is to perhaps reserve some of the new size for expansions - Tulnar and reserve some land for expansion islands and sea faring as it were. One would anticipate underground takes some of the expansion size? However, I think it wise to keep the same map and add the component of distance to add to the feel of travel. Opening this up to the community. Best Regards, Skaff.
:)

Comments

• Options
    Good topic, @skafftaruss. The consummate explorer in me is always fascinated by areas that are just out of reach. So, I like the idea that we need to build up (by skill, material, gear, etc) to actually get into a new area.

I’m a huge Jordan fan, so if you look at what it would take to explore the Aiel Waste or The Blight. Let alone Se’anchan. It take resources and time and planning to get a chance to see those areas.

It would be awesome to see concerted efforts on the part of a node community working toward exploring those areas - which may not even be DLC gated, but gated by those nodes that can muster enough teamwork and chutzpah to get over the mountain peaks, survive, and plant the flag first.

Potential abounds!
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Wart should i bee playing in the line from fire form running into the snakes of panaker and leaviung all yall classess ot the same thing in the dtrscy of unity, ye have worn of followonig chocyes :-

1. Armsman dawgs - the in betweent the cloud of the canker and also into the canalkner of the magnesoium he gets it out the box and pipeling into the judas of the times. you all crossbow and ***** cat on the polearms but are ye any good ya dawgs ?

2. Paladin - Pally cods are the chruchse an the best of the worhsip he comes in to the yeyes and come to the church to get all of it out in the open LETS PRAY omg let us pray for the love of god and he will the binchy of the red skol in the fron on the sidewalk ?

3. Scouts - Scouts dat trot are the stealth ands no nulke bu when ya get yalll in ot the sofa ya could be sitting there in the snakes of panaker to the arrows on the leg in site AARGH whay he crit me for so much BT BT BT LOL cheese and then jees it is in the ruby tiding sif the scrolls ?

4. Theurgists - The robes on the table are all of the time but them they get used a bit and thet old one comes off only to be trodden in ground well it movesa on the best way and it grieves on the best slayt on the treee, and then OMG NO NO NO TANK NOOO the astunna lol and if they wwent down how would we make the trees in time ?

5. Infiltrators - Look up the tanel of perodic spam and yall shall see the substitute in the micro sounding INF. OMG lets us spwanm on to the crit crit crit how jolly and yall ned to get so close that margueirta would pop and ya wouldnt even hear snakes of panaker LOL ?

6. Wizard - Population codes and calling of the merlin type tyhirng that was on the snakes of panaker in the mopuntains and the tide of the spells is sufficient to suggest that melvil was him,dewlf in timew to be a wizard lol i dont think so but the class boards tell me nythic is the wizrad snakes of panaker ?
  • Options
    I didnt understand anything you just said, but its the best comment of all time
  • Options
    KovrmKovrm Member
    edited January 2022
    Okeydoke wrote: »
    Wart should i bee playing in the line from fire form running into the snakes of panaker and leaviung all yall classess ot the same thing in the dtrscy of unity, ye have worn of followonig chocyes :-

1. Armsman dawgs - the in betweent the cloud of the canker and also into the canalkner of the magnesoium he gets it out the box and pipeling into the judas of the times. you all crossbow and ***** cat on the polearms but are ye any good ya dawgs ?

2. Paladin - Pally cods are the chruchse an the best of the worhsip he comes in to the yeyes and come to the church to get all of it out in the open LETS PRAY omg let us pray for the love of god and he will the binchy of the red skol in the fron on the sidewalk ?

3. Scouts - Scouts dat trot are the stealth ands no nulke bu when ya get yalll in ot the sofa ya could be sitting there in the snakes of panaker to the arrows on the leg in site AARGH whay he crit me for so much BT BT BT LOL cheese and then jees it is in the ruby tiding sif the scrolls ?

4. Theurgists - The robes on the table are all of the time but them they get used a bit and thet old one comes off only to be trodden in ground well it movesa on the best way and it grieves on the best slayt on the treee, and then OMG NO NO NO TANK NOOO the astunna lol and if they wwent down how would we make the trees in time ?

5. Infiltrators - Look up the tanel of perodic spam and yall shall see the substitute in the micro sounding INF. OMG lets us spwanm on to the crit crit crit how jolly and yall ned to get so close that margueirta would pop and ya wouldnt even hear snakes of panaker LOL ?

6. Wizard - Population codes and calling of the merlin type tyhirng that was on the snakes of panaker in the mopuntains and the tide of the spells is sufficient to suggest that melvil was him,dewlf in timew to be a wizard lol i dont think so but the class boards tell me nythic is the wizrad snakes of panaker ?

Can you elaborate on that further? Less Boomhauer, though.
    sJ4g8FI.png
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Kovrm wrote: »
    Less Boomhauer, though.

Tellyouwhatman, themdangoldMagesbezappinemallwithemfireballs. Runninroundgoinall"pewpew"andstuff. Ijumponmyhorseandalighningboltgorightupmybutt. Dangman, chilloutIjustwannagrabsomeores. I'mgoingtoanothernodebeforeIgetallburntupandstuff, where'smybeerat?

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Really good and constructive discussing happening here. I value the wide range of opinions and thoughts.

Seriously though, the move to UE5 is so awesome and exciting. I'm just as hyped as you are! It should make the development process much smoother, allowing them to more easily accomplish what Steven and everyone at Intrepid have set out to!
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Man I'm getting old.

Yeah I'm really excited about UE5. The game would have been great on UE4 just as well, but I was worried it'd be a step behind other games.