Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Thank you

Even just so far this has been the best showcase to date. You've applied pretty much all the feedback we've given over the past few months. This is the exact reason why I'm still following this game. All the effects and visuals and mechanics are great and all, but you listening to feedback and applying it to this extent is what puts you waaaay above majority of other companies.

Thank you, Intrepid.

Comments

• Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Perfect, no notes.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Did we just get a new augment example? If that was indeed a true example THEN WE'VE GOTTEN EVEN MORE FEEDBACK LISTENED TO :o

I'm talking about the arcane arrows going around shit.
    j2o1tm7la8dl.gif
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2023
    I'll add my own praise for Steven. When Steven is allowed to be curious and take the stage as the stand in for the community, it works out well. He asked questions, he got to tell the devs how cool they were and present his team with pride. He let the experts talk while still remained an active and colorful participant to the show case. Even the touch of humor with the setting up Trad to face a horde felt much more natural and a value add to the stream. This is a great format and I'm looking forward to learning more of Steven's team he's so hyped about.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    StevenSharifStevenSharif Moderator, Member, Staff, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    ❤️
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    NiKr wrote: »
    Did we just get a new augment example? If that was indeed a true example THEN WE'VE GOTTEN EVEN MORE FEEDBACK LISTENED TO :o

j2o1tm7la8dl.gif

That's the exact opposite of good combat.

• Options
    ClintHardwoodClintHardwood Member
    edited April 2023
    I think the magic system is coming along decently, but I also think the animations are still too fancy. When a mage is casting blizzard on top of me the ground and falling particle effects make it hard to see anything else going on. Hopefully there's a decrease ability detail function in the graphics menu.

Loving the mix of skillshots and targeted abilities btw.
  • Options
    DizzDizz Member
    I'm so exciting to see the turning arcane arrow in future.
    https://youtu.be/qc_z4a00cCQ
    A casual follower from TW.

↓Good youtube channel to learn things about creating games.↓
    Masahiro Sakurai on Creating Games:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv1DvRY5PyHHt3KN9ghunuw
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yep, this was a great showcase. Great format, some laughs, some nerding out with the devs, some good details on the abilities. B)
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Niem Lumel wrote: »
    However, I am uncertain about the type of feedback you are referring to in your OP. The game has been in development for quite some time and we barely know anything about the actual gameplay of the classes. Most of the information provided is theoretical and subject to change.
    I was talking about the showcase itself, not the content. There's been a ton of discussions and feedback about the presentations during streams. And pretty much all of that feedback was implemented in this showcase. And imo (and apparently opinion of others) this was the best showcase of the past few months, if not even longer.
  • Options
    SpifSpif Member
    Solvryn wrote: »

As someone who doesn't like the amount of pillar humping that goes on in some games, I disagree
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Spif
    Excuse my ignorance. Could you please explain to me what "pillar humping" means and why you think it is a bad thing? Thanks, TT
  • Options
    Spif wrote: »

As someone who doesn't like the amount of pillar humping that goes on in some games, I disagree

That's fine, you're probably talking about WoW arena. It's a tab game, there is a stifling limitation to tactics in that game. Meaning, there is none.

Can't do much about WoW, it'll never be capable of it.

But seeing nightblade snipers in ESO being able to hit someone without minimal effort, such an ability is going to be abused.

It doesn't matter which game it is being able to reach out and kill someone before they could ever react is not going to be responded to well.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    It doesn't matter which game it is being able to reach out and kill someone before they could ever react is not going to be responded to well.

I'm sorry, where was this ability that automatically killed people before they could react?

I must have missed it - all I saw was an ability that could go around shit and then deal a small amount of damage to an enemy.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Noaani wrote: »

I'm sorry, where was this ability that automatically killed people before they could react?

I must have missed it - all I saw was an ability that could go around shit and then deal a small amount of damage to an enemy.

Wouldn't be talking about it if it didn't exist.

Plenty of examples on youtube though.

That ability has gone through a series of buffs and nerfs.
  • Options
    ur question about res scrolls got answered lol. ugh we r getting them ig -_-
  • Options
    I'm assuming you are talking about ESO here - I'm talking about Ashes.
  • Options

Ah, I’m highlighting the misuse of homing missiles.
  • Options

um, a bunch of archers pressing 1 button and insta gibbing you with basic attacks in one hit is much more of a concern. I suppose you could do the same with a bunch of mages and homing missiles though
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »

um, a bunch of archers pressing 1 button and insta gibbing you with basic attacks in one hit is much more of a concern. I suppose you could do the same with a bunch of mages and homing missiles though

That’s pretty much the concern for any homing missile ability.
  • Options
    edited April 2023

Yeah, in other games, there are issues.

An issue in ESO is that sometimes the above ability wasn't well balanced.

That isn't an issue in Ashes right now. Even if the ability remains in the game with the ability to go around shit, that doesn't mean it's an issue.

It "could" be an issue if Intrepid don't balance it properly, but any ability is an issue if it isn't balanced properly. Complaining about this one aspect of this one ability because if it isn't balanced it would be bad seems somewhat inappropriate.

As to your issue with going up against a bunch of mages with the ability we are talking about from Ashes - simply don't assume that hiding just out of sight of mages will see you be out of their range. This has been the case for many, many years with mages having AoE abilities that can be placed, and have a large radius.