Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Hypothetical question for your guild

DerstDerst Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
If you where part of a large guild or the leader of it, would you try and keep all your members in one node, or try to get people to spread out amongst a few different ones?

Comments

• tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If it was a large guild, then centrally located castle + adjacent nodes

Virtue is the only good.
  • FhinFhin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2019
    I think it's advantageous to have most of your guild members in a Node and its vassal Nodes.
    Qsb9psK.png
  • persianpersian Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    tugowar wrote: »
    If it was a large guild, then centrally located castle + adjacent nodes

^^
    Depends on the size and how close some nodes might be. Also worth considering alliances etc. but typically 1 node w/ vassal nodes possibly 2 if considering alliances.
  • CM KalezCM Kalez Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    at this point its unknown what is ideal and forcing your members into a node type that doesnt benefit their class/crafting/playstyle is a good way to lose members

its a bad idea
    Kalez.png
  • DerstDerst Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Kalez wrote: »
    at this point its unknown what is ideal and forcing your members into a node type that doesnt benefit their class/crafting/playstyle is a good way to lose members

its a bad idea

Didn’t mean forcing them so much as asking for volunteers to possibly infiltrate another node, weather it be to benefit the guild through extra crafting recipes not normally available to your node, and all the traveling and time constraints that go with it.
    Very hypothetical since as you said we don’t know what is ideal yet.
  • grisugrisu Member
    Right now with what information we have I would try to get everyone to the same node after the initial exploration phase. One piece of information in particular guides this decision.

Citizenship overshadows guild membership when it comes to node wars. Home >any other form of belonging. I would not want to have people choose between their stakes and guilds or even carry a grudge over it.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • ZaraZara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Really depends on the benefit of spreading them out or keeping them joint in one node. I believe exploration is key to success in this world so I'd most likely thinking having them being citizens of more than one node and belonging to more than one reason would be a necessary evil.
  • MarenorMarenor Member, Braver of Worlds
    The friction created by the type of node that is most beneficial for a character and guild allegiance will be one of the interesting dilemmas that player's will face. This will lead to interesting politics and choices for the player. Some of the friction may be decreased by the ability to use parent and vassal node abilities. We will have to wait and see.
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Marenor wrote: »
    The friction created by the type of node that is most beneficial for a character and guild allegiance will be one of the interesting dilemmas that players will face. This will lead to interesting politics and choices for the player. Some of the friction may be decreased by the ability to use parent and vassal node abilities. We will have to wait and see.

This may very well be the case players within a guild could be spread out over several nodes within a metros ZOI would depend on the makeup of the nodes within the ZOI. It will be quite interesting though and will be a bridge my guildmates and I will have to cross at some point.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • XombieXombie Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Strength in numbers, a unified and mobile force in a centralized area makes it easy to maintain resource control, control asset movement, and deploy forces as needed.
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well keeping most of your forces in a single node and maybe a few vassal nodes would be a good idea, you can also send out teams to explore the world and it would be good to have base of operations that everyone returns to.

If you spread out too thin then if something happens it will take longer to respond given the lack of fast travel in the game.