tugowar's Forum Extension! What changes do you want?

tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty
edited April 11 in General Discussion
Hey,

I'm going to update the forum extension. What design changes would you like to have a more pleasurable browsing experience?

For me:
- Full width
- Less clutter (want to be able to toggle side bars...)
- Better coloring
- Highlighted Staff names

What else?

Best Answers

  • Accepted Answer
    Or is the new design a big enough upgrade that everyone is happy?

    I do prefer this way more than the old design!
  • Accepted Answer
    Full width would be wonderful
    2mgwkfk.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Accepted Answer
    I'm a big fan of these forums now, wowee!

    Highlighted names for Staff should be something they add to the base forums anyway too!
  • Accepted Answer
    Background updated, full width, Highlight staff name, (maybe highlight PI/GMs also). Will update when think of more.
    HSGNew-Signature-Format-April12th-guildhart.png
  • Accepted Answer
    - Full width
    - Less clutter
    - Better coloring (would like to be able to choose a color if possible, but your old one is amazing)
    - Highlighted Staff names (would like to be able to toggle something like this)
  • Accepted Answer
    mainly:

    - Full width
    - Better colouring

    if the old one didn't break the logo i'd say it was fine. I assume it will still be chrome only too ?
    hikssyg.png
  • edited April 11 Accepted Answer
    hiks wrote: »
    mainly:

    - Full width
    - Better colouring

    if the old one didn't break the logo i'd say it was fine. I assume it will still be chrome only too ?

    the current one is chrome and firefox, and I probably will keep that for now.

    There are a number of options in the extension, but you have to click pretty far to get there. most people haven't found those I'm finding, so i'm going to try to make those more readily apparent too.
  • Accepted Answer
    Having usernames not be a similar gray to the background behind it would be nice.
    Perhaps for highlighted staff names have the entire bar behind the name be an orange tint of some sort.
    M5DmZny.png
  • Accepted Answer
    persian wrote: »
    Having usernames not be a similar gray to the background behind it would be nice.
    Perhaps for highlighted staff names have the entire bar behind the name be an orange tint of some sort.

    I didn't think about usernames, this would be amazing.
  • Accepted Answer
    Some colors for particular members (devs, mods, etc.) and full width other than that I would roll with whatever you propose, the old extension was great so you can't go wrong with this c:
  • Accepted Answer
    What do you think about "top liked answers" section for Discussions about some question ?
    palduob5b44.png
  • Accepted Answer
    oceanos wrote: »
    What do you think about "top liked answers" section for Discussions about some question ?

    I hear that. I would like to get this page back: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/activity

    Those are functionality changes that I can't make. What I do is like pimping out your ride - it adds paint and decals, but you still have a Ford Fiesta at the end of the day.
  • Accepted Answer
    that page works for me. if you can't see it might be a role issue
    hikssyg.png
  • Accepted Answer
    @Nagash See @hiks comment. can you see the activity page?

    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/activity

    I get "No permission"
  • edited April 11 Accepted Answer
    tlyGp9g.png
    hikssyg.png
  • Accepted Answer
    Yeah I can see it
    2mgwkfk.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Accepted Answer
    Hmm it also seems to be missing for me c:
  • Accepted Answer
    @belewyn fix meeeee
  • Accepted Answer
    How odd
    2mgwkfk.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Accepted Answer
    nagash wrote: »
    How odd

    It's a conspiracy to keep me from climbing the ranks...
  • Accepted Answer
    tugowar wrote: »
    @belewyn fix meeeee

    I second this, I feel like a part of me is missing... @belewyn
  • Accepted Answer
    @Ceivent can you see ? he has the same pack as you @tugowar
    hikssyg.png
  • Accepted Answer
    autumnleaf wrote: »
    nagash wrote: »
    How odd

    It's a conspiracy to keep me from climbing the ranks...

    it seems the leader boards are not 100% working yet im still on there ^^
    2mgwkfk.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Accepted Answer
    nagash wrote: »
    autumnleaf wrote: »
    nagash wrote: »
    How odd

    It's a conspiracy to keep me from climbing the ranks...

    it seems the leader boards are not 100% working yet im still on there ^^

    From the images I am there with 0 points, talk about forcing myself in c:
  • Accepted Answer
    autumnleaf wrote: »
    nagash wrote: »
    autumnleaf wrote: »
    nagash wrote: »
    How odd

    It's a conspiracy to keep me from climbing the ranks...

    it seems the leader boards are not 100% working yet im still on there ^^

    From the images I am there with 0 points, talk about forcing myself in c:

    well you are the best 0 point member ^^
    2mgwkfk.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Accepted Answer
    nagash wrote: »
    autumnleaf wrote: »
    nagash wrote: »
    autumnleaf wrote: »
    nagash wrote: »
    How odd

    It's a conspiracy to keep me from climbing the ranks...

    it seems the leader boards are not 100% working yet im still on there ^^

    From the images I am there with 0 points, talk about forcing myself in c:

    well you are the best 0 point member ^^

    Somehow I feel proud and hurt at the same time, but hey it's good PR ;)
  • Accepted Answer
    hiks wrote: »
    @Ceivent can you see ? he has the same pack as you @tugowar

    I can't see.
  • Accepted Answer
    autumnleaf wrote: »
    nagash wrote: »
    autumnleaf wrote: »
    nagash wrote: »
    autumnleaf wrote: »
    nagash wrote: »
    How odd

    It's a conspiracy to keep me from climbing the ranks...

    it seems the leader boards are not 100% working yet im still on there ^^

    From the images I am there with 0 points, talk about forcing myself in c:

    well you are the best 0 point member ^^

    Somehow I feel proud and hurt at the same time, but hey it's good PR ;)

    we are now tied
    2mgwkfk.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Accepted Answer
    nagash wrote: »
    autumnleaf wrote: »
    nagash wrote: »
    autumnleaf wrote: »
    nagash wrote: »
    autumnleaf wrote: »
    nagash wrote: »
    How odd

    It's a conspiracy to keep me from climbing the ranks...

    it seems the leader boards are not 100% working yet im still on there ^^

    From the images I am there with 0 points, talk about forcing myself in c:

    well you are the best 0 point member ^^

    Somehow I feel proud and hurt at the same time, but hey it's good PR ;)

    we are now tied

    You are a worthy opponent ;)
  • Accepted Answer
    tugowar wrote: »
    What design changes would you like to have a more pleasurable browsing experience?

    Less clicks to get to the sub forums
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.