Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Discussion] KNOW YOUR NODES: SCIENTIFIC NODE TYPE

GuildhartGuildhart Member
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
So time to have an actual discussion.

We've recently gotten some new information regarding nodes, specifically the scientific node.

https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-04-10-know-your-nodes-scientific-node-type (Link for the lazy)

(Some of the more important things to me regarding each development)

LvL 3
  • Location and Quantity of gatherable resources.
  • Runic Power Stones for Armor
  • Common Armor/Weapon Recipes (lvl 25 and under)

LvL 4
  • Unique and Rare Drop Info
  • Runic Power Stones for Weapon
  • Enchantment Stones Creation for Armor (additional stat bonus?)
  • Common Armor/Weapon Recipes (lvl 35 and under)
  • Glyphs Enhancement Scrolls (Accessories)

Lvl 5
  • Enchantment Stones Creation for Weapon (additional stat bonus?)
  • Runic Power Stones for Accessories
  • Common Armor/Weapon Recipes (lvl 45 and under)
  • Glyph Creation for Armor/Weapon Enhancement Scrolls (higher lvl Runic Power Stones?)
  • Artisanship Mastery Qualifications (THERE IS A TEST?!?)

Lvl 6
  • Enchantment Stones for Accessories (additional Stat bonus?)
  • Common Armor/Weapon Recipes (lvl 50 and under)
  • Legendary Glyph Creation for Armor and Weapon Enhancement Scrolls (Advance Runic Power Stones?)
  • Profession Mastery Qualifications (ANOTHER TEST?!?)
  • Relic and Legendary Crafting Benches (Workshops for high tier items, makes sense)

*Enchantment and Enhancement are both used deliberately to differentiate what each thing is doing.

From the language they used, I'm guessing Runic Power are your traditional +1, +2, ect.. Enhancement items. While "Enchantment Stone" is for additional stat bonuses.

1. I think it's interesting that one would have to go to a library to be able to get enhancement/enchantment items, makes it seem like having at least scientific node is necessary in each server (for character/gear progression).
2. I wonder if the creation of said items will be gated by Crafters (you want a +1 stone well go find a good alchemist/enchanter!)
3. Mastery Qualifications is another interesting thing, does that mean to get to the highest level of your profession you will HAVE to travel to a scientific node to get the "certification"?
4. (Not mentioned above) Fast travel being in fact teleportation was nice to get confirmed, but the fact that we get airships between lvl 6 sci metros is interesting, any thoughts on that? (a smart server might have two sci nodes at the ends of each map in order to be able to quickly travel the map while have the other 3 types in the resulting space in-between).

*In light of DCN video, i've gone ahead and updated the above.

Discuss! :smiley:
Guildhart-Sig.png

Comments

• Options
    persianpersian Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    a+ post thank you for this need to start taking notes myself.
  • Options
    Good stuff
    Axiom | 18+ Gaming | http://www.joinaxiom.com
  • Options
    persian wrote: »
    a+ post thank you for this need to start taking notes myself.

Thanks! Just some thoughts, saw that it would progress on what enhancement/enchantment one can make.
    Guildhart-Sig.png
  • Options
    AtomfistAtomfist Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Nice, I love the breakdown. I can process this info so much better in this format. Thank you!
    trde91vef2ej.png
  • Options
    atomfist wrote: »
    Nice, I love the breakdown. I can process this info so much better in this format. Thank you!

Not the most comprehensive one but glad you liked it!
    Guildhart-Sig.png
  • Options
    chickachasechickachase Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    So a scientific node can show resource deposits? Kinda takes the fun outta find them.
    HSGNewSignatureFormatChickaChaseApril12th2nd_Edition.png?width=1442&height=416
  • Options
    But then again once the game goes on would be nice and handy to for mass gathering for guild castles and such.
  • Options
    I'm guessing you must be a citizen of either the vassal node or metropolis to use the benefits of the metropolis. Does this mean that everyone who intends to be a serious/master crafter is required to be apart of a node/vassal of a node that has a Science Metropolis? Will there be any chance to use the city while being a citizen to a different metropolis, given that the two nodes are not at war?
    “The gift of words is the gift of deception and illusion.”
    ― Frank Herbert
  • Options
    I would think you have to be a Citizen of that node. Makes trade a necessity and being a citizen actually worth something besides just being able to buy a house.
  • Options
    supqtpie wrote: »
    I'm guessing you must be a citizen of either the vassal node or metropolis to use the benefits of the metropolis. Does this mean that everyone who intends to be a serious/master crafter is required to be apart of a node/vassal of a node that has a Science Metropolis? Will there be any chance to use the city while being a citizen to a different metropolis, given that the two nodes are not at war?
    I would think you have to be a Citizen of that node. Makes trade a necessity and being a citizen actually worth something besides just being able to buy a house.

1ZtFOPv.png

Regarding whether or those thing will be citizen locked or not.

I wouldn't be surprised if you truly wanted to rich the furthest riches of your crafting/gathering/processing profession then being the citizen of a sci node is the only way. Just like there may be some serious benefits to those who want to be rich moguls in commerce nodes, or warring pvp centric players for military nodes, or even religious/quest oriented player in religious nodes.
    Guildhart-Sig.png
  • Options
    I can see a lot of trade routes going from a scientific to a economic node. Craft at the sci and sell at eco.
  • Options
    KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    One of the things I worry about is how much fast travel is to much and to fast. Since taking caravans on trade routes across the map will be a thing. And it would really suck if a zerg suddenly showed up and took the legendaries you were going to sell. Now I don't believe there is enough in ashes to be a problem at the moment but it does get me thinking.
  • Options
    Depends on how much area a vassal node covers as you can only fast travel from the vassals to the main node and back. But thats something you would have to account for when travelling in a sci nodes area.
  • Options
    ZaraZara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Depends on how much area a vassal node covers as you can only fast travel from the vassals to the main node and back. But that's something you would have to account for when traveling in a sci nodes area.

Yeah it'd be really nice to know how far out you can go and still contribute to a specific node!
  • Options
    Now I'm extra curious about the other node types and their superpowers, like can you imagine if an economic node superpower is to shut down the market and no one can sell stuff for a period of time.
    But back to science node, the fast travel will all depend on other science nodes outside of ZOI. The more you have the faster you travel and this is besides the ZOI travel.
    S3gcPiA.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah taking a Airship from one sci Metropolis to your sci Metropolis would be awesome experience.
  • Options
    Now this brings another question. Will the airships also change to the style of that city or is it a standard one.
  • Options
    Mabye they mix up the looks of both Metropolis and create a unique look to that specific airship:)
    Btw i getting more in love with crafting the more i read about the sci-node, soooo good but i know i have to wait for all nodes info, to make my finale decision ;)
  • Options
    @Dalure I wonder if airships will be able to travel through other nodes.
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Really cool we are getting more info now. I wonder if any of those enhancement/enchantment items are consumables for temporary buffs, similar to weight stones in WoW, instead of being permanent.
  • Options
    @mcstackerson I think they might be permanent depending on how much you try to enchant it. It could be deadly to the weapon to over-enchant
  • Options
    @Czar they only travel/fly between two sci-metro, so no other nodes unless its a vassal of that sci-metro. But just the Superpower teleportation is allrdy good to all nodes in zoi :)
    I hope the world is soooo huge, cause then there is more value in teleportation.
  • Options
    MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    guildart wrote: »
    So time to have an actual discussion.
    3. Mastery Qualifications is another interesting thing, does that mean to get to the highest level of your profession you will HAVE to travel to a scientific node to get the "certification"?

Would this apply to the "processing" classes such as smelting? I ask because one can see smelting be more of an economic node specific function rather than scientific.

Now if a side benefit is that the smelting ingots is buffed like weapon creation seems to be then one would want to be in a scientific node. As well as leveled recipes - Would this apply to smelting "recipes"?

Would be very interesting if IS has it planned out so that each stage in the production cycle (harvesting/gathering, processing, creating) is influenced by differing node types.

And/or, as you mention above, does one only need to travel to a certain node and demonstrate a certain level of proficiency in order to obtain the certification (ability)?
    owuEH4S.png
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Very good stuff!
    I will have to think about joining a scientific node instead of a commercial one xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Enchantment stuff could also, instead of giving raw stats, give your weapon some kind of on-hit effect (like fire damage or lifeleach, something in that direction^^)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    BlastBlast Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thanks for the dope sig @guildart
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Science: Turning Delorans into Time Machines since 1985... Or 1955... 1885?
    Aq0KG2f.png