Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Forums Performance

Loving the speed of these forums! No heavy bulky website loading going on here, quick, snappy and simple - I like it!

Comments

• Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    With the amount of time we waited this is only appropriate c:
  • Options
    CeiventCeivent Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    Forum performance feels like what intrepid wanted the entire time. Forums that feel like forums. These forums act like forms and are forum approved to be forums. Good forums.
  • Options
    Ceivent wrote: »
    Forum performance feels like what intrepid wanted the entire time. Forums that feel like forums. These forums act like forms and are forum approved to be forums. Good forums.

I think it could be to do with the transfer to AWS? I'm also noticing the forums are mobile friendly, and look like they can be relatively easily ported to an android app.
  • Options
    ZaraZara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can't wait for them to fix display name changes and fix the rest of the bugs for my friends to join!
  • Options
    KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    I of course want forum name changes to come soon. But one of the best features I like is how the main website and forums are connected now. Makes going back and forth way less annoying.:D
    But I do still notice I cant delete my own posts. Like why not :p
    Also presumably my badges and titles will come soon. :(
  • Options
    CemmosCemmos Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    Snappy indeed! They're still hosted with Vanilla Forums, but the forum theme has been changed. I don't know the specifics, but that can make a big difference in optimization. Definitely snappier than when the forum was initially on bbPress (through no fault of that software, the hosting at the time wasn't what it is today).
    I of course want forum name changes to come soon. But one of the best features I like is how the main website and forums are connected now. Makes going back and forth way less annoying.:D
    But I do still notice I cant delete my own posts. Like why not :p
    Also presumably my badges and titles will come soon. :(

Best to delete the content in the post you wanted to remove. And if you want that cleaned up as well, you can contact a moderator and we'll get it removed for you. You can flag your own posts.
    volunteer_moderator.gif