Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Fishing!

Ok. You might think this is mad.

I'm looking forward to fishing in AOC more than anything else.

I'm going to look for an economic node then go nuts on fishing.

Anyone else really excited for fishing?

Comments

• Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Fishing will probably be part of my daily life. lol
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    ezenkrul87ezenkrul87 Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'd love fishing in Ashes. I just hope they make it interactive and not something that you can benefit a lot from doing AFK. Believe this has been talked about before.
    Ezenkrul - Phoenix Initiative
  • Options
    sunfrog wrote: »
    Fishing will probably be part of my daily life. lol

I find fishing in an mmo a really good way to relax after a long days work. Ironically I've never gone fishing in RL, and don't like the taste of fish x)

There's something about the simplicity and patience required in fishing games that helps to wind me down ^^
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Could be fun, depends on how excatly it will work.
  • Options
    MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hoping that fishing is well done; fun and challenging, has meaning in the game beyond just food buffs (alchemy, crafting mats, etc), and is expanded upon as dev resources are available.
    owuEH4S.png
  • Options
    I'm a fan of fishing in MMOs. I'm really looking forward to it as well. I wonder how different it will be from other games versions of fishing.
    "If you lose sight of something, the only person who can find it again is you"
  • Options
    Fishing lvls?
  • Options
    ShadowCreptShadowCrept Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Fishing is for Carebear Rpers don’t @ me 😉
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
  • Options
    RitchieSHRitchieSH Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I've always enjoyed fishing in MMOs, its simple and a good activity to do while killing time waiting for something or just wanting to jump in for a few minutes, but hearing about fishing boats gets me excited too
    Subscribe to RitchieSH. You know you want to
  • Options
    I love Catfishing

Oh, thats not what this post is about? Alright then, forget i said that.
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • Options
    BGtrevBGtrev Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Fishing is where it's at.
    olupadb59c3.png
  • Options
    DrEpochDrEpoch Member, Phoenix Initiative
    <3<3
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    ZaraZara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Why specifically an Economic node? If you get into a scientific Metropolis you might be able to enchant your fishing rod and max it out to get the most elite fish!
  • Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Science is for weapon makers and spell makers. But I'll still visit it for resource info. I think all the nodes will be like that. You'll live in the best one for your profession but still need to visit the others.
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    Bro, I'm going all out on the seas. I'm looking forward to sail the seas of the game while doing stuff like fishing and chilling with a ship crew
    c8Ft6ax.png
  • Options
    I have fished in too many mmos to count for a variety of reasons. Fishing is easy and even the laziest can do it like me.
  • Options
    Czar wrote: »
    Why specifically an Economic node? If you get into a scientific Metropolis you might be able to enchant your fishing rod and max it out to get the most elite fish!

I was under the impression that the economic node would be most suited to fishing (in terms of trading and making money), am interesting thought on the scientific node though! We'll have to wait and see >=]

Secretly I'm biased for economic nodes though as I think the scientific nodes will be more popular and I'm all for the underdog !
  • Options
    Sp0 wrote: »
    Bro, I'm going all out on the seas. I'm looking forward to sail the seas of the game while doing stuff like fishing and chilling with a ship crew

Having played RuneScape a fair few years back, I'm looking forward to chilling in my fishing boat next to a couple other people and having a chat about the game whilst reeling in those fish :)
  • Options
    timbatimba Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Would be a nice option for a mini game :>
  • Options
    gaeleathgaeleath Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Fishing in MMO's.

I hope they create 2 stages of fishing.
    Stage 1: Semi-afk bait fishing.
    Stage 2: Interactive fun fishing.
    o5cyez1bnzal.gif
  • Options
    No afk fishing!
  • Options
    Semi-afk bait fishing would be great for when you get back home from work and want to be productive in-game aswell, but are too tired to do anything that requires a lot of focus. :p

The actual fishing (where you can use the bait) has to be interactive, action-based and NON-afk ofcourse :p
    o5cyez1bnzal.gif
  • Options
    I think it s better to get less idlers ingame :).
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Timba wrote: »
    I think it s better to get less idlers ingame :).

Like in BDO the entire coastline filled up with AFK fishers c:
  • Options
    ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A section of my guild in Archeage were constantly fishing. I know they enjoyed it immensely, for me there are too many other things I want to do. I hope they get it right for Ashes and AFK fishing is only a very small part of it, or even no AFK fishing at all.
  • Options
    Havent played BDO long enough to experience that :P

I do hope there's some depth to fishing atleast. Different kinds of baits you can/have to use, different fish in different weather settings or season. Etc etc.
    o5cyez1bnzal.gif
  • Options
    I also asked for it in my thread " Ibarumarky's Question Collection"... but more specific about fishing a.d cooking event.

Fishing is a must have. If we sail.... I think fishing on high sea could be interesting... in a high fantasy mmo
  • Options
    Afk fishing is only good for the stats, so you can say, look we have 5 mio logged in.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Im planning to live in a coastal or even island node, fishing will be my daily life, together with mining and juwelcrafting.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    AFK Fishing is a no-no for me.

The least amount of interaction for my taste is what we see in Minecraft. Common/generic fish.

For medium level fishing would like to see a generic bait system (worms/grubs, insects, or raw meat scraps). A generic seasonal spawn table would help. Less generic, more specific fish.

For more complex fishing(rare alchemy mats, raw food for high level food buffs) I would like to see specific baits and areas be required to catch the rarest of aquatic creatures.
    owuEH4S.png