Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Is instant replay an option?

sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
Let's say I'm not home tomorrow, but I do sign on the next day, only to find my city is destroyed and my freehold has been burned to the ground. Is there a way to replay the battle so I can see what happened? I just want to watch it.
fNX2ISa.png

Comments

• MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Possible? Yes. (Static cams, limited view angles, limited and random action, little to no post production/editing, streamed to the cloud, etc.)

Developer time intensive? Definitely.

Available at launch or as an early feature add? Would bet against it.

In success anything is possible.
    owuEH4S.png
  • Definitely would be a waste of development time. Youll know when a siege or something is happening as there is a declaration period. Either turn up or miss out.
    wcjKYgH.png
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Hmm... yeah, I guess so.
    fNX2ISa.png

• seaberseaber Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited April 2019
    You may be able to find some details in a library, see bold section of the spoiler, but a video replay would very likely only be available from external sources (youtube/twitch).
    Science node blog
    THE LIBRARY - LEVEL 3 (VILLAGE STAGE)
    At the Village Stage, the Scientific Node’s Unique Building is the Library, which records the history of the server. Players can use the Library to access information, including (but not limited to) the following:

History of narrative events and when they occurred
    Locations and last known quantity of gatherable resources
    Locations and inhabitants of new Dungeons or POIs (Points of Interest) that have spawned
    Runic Power Stones for armor
    Common armor and weapon recipes (Level 25 and under)
    Legendary Healer
    Invincible Tank
    Unrivalled Dps
    Queen of Growlgate
    Kraken Tamer
    Super Cutie
    H8 me cuz u ain't me
  • KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That certainly sounds like a good feature to have that I would like to see but I fear Morashtak may be right here. But I would like to see on a stream steven answer this. He could surprise us he has before. :)
    Morashtak wrote: »
    Possible? Yes. (Static cams, limited view angles, limited and random action, little to no post production/editing, streamed to the cloud, etc.)

Developer time intensive? Definitely.

Available at launch or as an early feature add? Would bet against it.

In success anything is possible.

• If your node and castle are gone the next time you log in, chances are someone streamed it or has it on video. Large scale sieges aren't going to happen every other day. But yeah, a replay option somewhere down the line would be nice
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
    I think sieges will happen everyday. I don't think anyone will get to metropolis for a long time after many alliances are formed. People love to fight.
    fNX2ISa.png

• ZaraZara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Won't it most likely be noted in a scientific node from what I've read? :)
    I want to see the battle, but I guess someone will stream the battle and I can watch that.
    fNX2ISa.png

• AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I imagine any time there's a node siege there are going to be quite a few people streaming the siege from all angles. May take a while to sift through all the footage but that's likely a better option than having the developers working on an in game system.
    k2U15J3.png
  • ZaraZara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Something like Fortnites replay system, that would be quite nice. It could be great as a learning mechanism for squads to improve upon.
  • DeeDee Member, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    I'm personally against this. A log is enough.
    You wouldn't be able to "replay" a battle you weren't participating in irl if you didn't have some kind of recorded footage from someone else (streams, in this case).

Edit:
    Corrected steams into streams a.k.a. twitch/youtube.
  • timbatimba Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dee wrote: »
    You wouldn't be able to "replay" a battle you weren't participating in irl if you didn't have some kind of recorded footage from someone else (steams, in this case).

Same here. But i think you can watch a replay on Twitch maybe? :DDD
  • DeeDee Member, Alpha One
    Timba wrote: »
    You wouldn't be able to "replay" a battle you weren't participating in irl if you didn't have some kind of recorded footage from someone else (steams, in this case).

I mistyped streams into "steams".
    Twitch replays is what I meant.
  • timbatimba Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Oh okay, i m sorry x)
    edited April 2019
    Timba wrote: »

Why wouldn't you want to watch the battle? If you sign on and your freehold is burned down wouldn't you be curious as to what happened?
    fNX2ISa.png

• Rem_Rem_ Member
    Sounds like a really good idea, I'd love to see how the battle went and what happened <3
    Poko.png