Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Nikua Dwarves

mozsta69mozsta69 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
I found it really refreshing to see that the Nikua Dwarves (from the cosmetics) seem to be a Paradise Island, fishing, swimming hunting type culture.Totally opposite to the standard Dwarven stereo type of cave dwelling, mining and in love with stone and jewels.

Did this months Cosmetics sway anyone into considering these dwarves even more?
It did for me. .......surfs up.

Comments

• Options
    I thought Dwarves couldn't swim...
    ~Simus Deathmax
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They're pretty low on my list right now. Perhaps during Alpha/Beta testing I might change my mind.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nothing would make me want to play a dwarf.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    Simus wrote: »

haha i hope the Nikua can ......just in case they fall of their boat!
  • Options
    arzosah wrote: »
    Nothing would make me want to play a dwarf.

what not even a surfing dwarf???? lol
  • Options
    The Nikua dwarves have certainly captured my attention. I'd love to see a surfing dwarf. I'm so sick of generic elves and humans. I'll probably be playing a nikua dwarf if the Tulnar don't live up to my expectations.
  • Options
    Abu wrote: »
    The Nikua dwarves have certainly captured my attention. I'd love to see a surfing dwarf. I'm so sick of generic elves and humans. I'll probably be playing a nikua dwarf if the Tulnar don't live up to my expectations.

oh nice man, me too generic elf dwarf are getting old
  • Options
    We'll see. For me, I'm just waiting for the Character Creator to be released and in-game screenshots of the races before I'm actually 100% sold on a race.
    "If you lose sight of something, the only person who can find it again is you"
  • Options
    aevari wrote: »
    We'll see. For me, I'm just waiting for the Character Creator to be released and in-game screenshots of the races before I'm actually 100% sold on a race.

oh yeah totally , just theorycrafting here while we all wait hehe
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I wonder if their bones float?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Simus wrote: »

Lung capacity-to-weight ratio and all that - smaller dogs with wide chests usually float better than larger dogs with narrow chests (still tho', put a flotation device on your pet when taking them out on the water, please people).

If the above was true for fantasy races dwarves would float easier than elves.
    owuEH4S.png
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dwarves....well the tropical ones look like a bad joke c: maybe they have coconaut hammers o.O ?
  • Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think they will be the least popular race tbh. I avoid dwarves, humans, and orcs in fantasy games if I can so they are low on my list even for alts. That being said, i do appreciate the different direction Intrepid is attempting to take dwarves for this game an hope they are successful overall.
    signature.png
  • Options
    Oiled smexy beach dwarfs.. last ones to play on my list. ;)
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2019
    I like their race description, chill dwarfs who dont care for mountains but rather the freedom of the sky and the endless ocean :D
    But the Tulnar are still on the top for me^^
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    The Nikua dwarves dont seem to be a hit from the small sample size here on chat.
  • Options
    Even I do not personally like Nikuas and races are mostly too generic imo, I still like how devs have tried to create something fresh here.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • Options
    sivannasivanna Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    If they have some water affinity perks I may try one out. I’d love to see them excel as shipwrights and maybe even perks when breeding aquatic mounts. As everyone else said I’m just happy to have dwarves out of a mountain.
  • Options
    ShadowCreptShadowCrept Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Empyrean Elves > All races Just sayin!

Elf Master Race
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
  • Options
    poisonzpoisonz Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Mozsta69 wrote: »
    Nikua Dwarves
    they look hideous
    AhuZFn7.gif
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Elf Master Race

Elves are rather tasty i have to give you that.
    kBao324.jpg
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    JudJud Member
    The Nikua Dwarves look Polynesian, ok that's cool but your description of this Race is that they are Masters of jewel crafting, and you have them wearing bones and teeth on leather Thawngs?
  • Options
    BarabBarab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Elf Master Race

Challenge accepted
    The Dünir Hold Mithril Warhammers,Thanes of the Keelhaul, Dünir scourge of the oceans, Warhammer First Fleet Command of The Dünzenkell Nation, friends to the Dünir Dwarves of the Dünhold.Hammers High!