Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

No Badges, Tags, or True Skins In-Game: Stealth

skafftarussskafftaruss Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Think of the peddler costume or the twin hunters (Nikua ship skin). On one hand we can announce our backer prestige and show our power - an get noticed. Or, we can be subdued 'in-game' and go unnoticed. This begs the question, IF we have a whale processing ship, do we cloak it from raiders (subdued)? Do we wear underwhelming outfits to infiltrate the adversary to take booty (muscle flexing)? Or just plain be who you are (honesty is the best policy)? Though I am not an end game power player - the calculus is likely out there for hard core PVPers. What say you? Best, Skafftaruss.

Comments

• Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I will show my shit off then I might get some idiots looking to die c: I hope they wont allow to hide skins, if someone doesnt want it to show then just dont wear it c:
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Well this is becoming awkward
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    XombieXombie Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have missed you so much @Skafftaruss
  • Options
    MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This begs the question, IF we have a whale processing ship, do we cloak it from raiders (subdued)? Do we wear underwhelming outfits to infiltrate the adversary to take booty (muscle flexing)? Or just plain be who you are (honesty is the best policy)? Though I am not an end game power player - the calculus is likely out there for hard core PVPers. What say you? Best, Skafftaruss.

From the Ashes podcast touched on boat size a bit - Should there be boat size restrictions to watercraft skins? Yes, It just seems correct to not allow a galleon to sneak around skinned as a canoe. Keep it simple and have small (single person)/ medium ("party" size), and large ("raid" size) restrictions on skins.

As for character skins it's always been my preference to give the players the option as to whether or not one wants to see them - Some people's computer may struggle when large groups with highly detailed skins emitting copious amounts of effects are required to be rendered.
    owuEH4S.png
  • Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think true stealth should be implemented. I also believe we should be able to quick-change from one set of clothing to another set of armor. I would prefer the quick-change to make RP in town a bit more accessible, people would (I think) be more willing to walk about town in clothes if a single keystroke could outfit them for battle.

I also think that if you attack someone who looks like they are a low key player, only to be owned by someone who quick swaps into a full armament, that's on you. I mean, if an argument was "I wouldn't have attacked because of his gear" why did you attack at all? (just curious)

If True Stealth is real, I think at minimum the Ranger first classes should be able to detect it. I mean, True Stealth can't be running around completely unnoticed by everyone 100% of the time. That would be silly.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    BellendBellend Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    I swap between the two, however generally I like to have as small a profile as possible as a PvPer, that means physically for hitbox and costumes and such. No point in announcing yourself as a good/competent player. Its always better to be underestimated and over-deliver.

In safe areas I don't mind peacocking a bit.

I have always had a reputation in PvP for being at my absolute worst being competent, at best being terrifying to deal with.

Can depend on the game/the day/my mood.

There's been times when I have taken on a 5 man group alone, then there have been times where I KEK myself off a cliff.

https://youtu.be/UHilQ5VWTHA?t=121 here is a better moment, im the one that ran to help my guildmate.

What you don't hear is me yelling at him to keep fighting when he thinks its time to run.

Was a crappy game, with crappy people generally. But I still worked pretty hard to become "good"

Its always best to be known just well enough to not be messed with when you don't want to be.
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like paperdoll style appearance like in EQ2, where you always have your regular gear on, but you can fill in appearance slots with other gear to get the look you want, be it poor, or blingy, or dangerous.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    @XombieCrisis. Sir, I am a US disabled veteran ass that even questions Steven's frolicking nature. Though we have the same goal of a great MMORPG. Best, Skaff.

Your ass is disabled?
    Aq0KG2f.png