Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Server History

Hello there, i don't know if they said anything about this. I think it would be cool if every server would have it's own chronicles, it's own history. and be there as the 1st guild who managed to get their node to lvl 6(metropolis state), the first natural disaster, etc. And since every server will have it's time, you could go and see the last 5-10 years, as a story or something(5-10 years, in-game time)

What do you think about this ?
You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear.

Comments

• BlackMystBlackMyst Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    "At the Village Stage, the Scientific Node’s Unique Building is the Library, which records the history of the server."

That came from this news post;

https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-04-10-know-your-nodes-scientific-node-type
  • Thank you for the reply ! I actually missed that part when i read it, wops. I think it's a really cool feature, and hopefully will be only server recordings(as it implies on the link you shared) and not player driven history(so we know the history as it is, and not influenced by the "winners")
    You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear.
  • CeiventCeivent Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    Starvation wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply ! I actually missed that part when i read it, wops. I think it's a really cool feature, and hopefully will be only server recordings(as it implies on the link you shared) and not player driven history(so we know the history as it is, and not influenced by the "winners")

Pretty sure it's not written by players. I could see the possibility of having some names in it though, whether they be guild/alliance or even player names but, if it was written by players it'll probably end up just being a troll thing.
  • seaberseaber Member, Intrepid Pack
    It would be nice if libraries only recorded the history of their zoi and if you wanted more it had to be transported from other libraries.
    It would be nice if you can burn libraries down to destroy all the records.
    Legendary Healer
    Invincible Tank
    Unrivalled Dps
    Queen of Growlgate
    Kraken Tamer
    Super Cutie
    H8 me cuz u ain't me
  • Seaber wrote: »
    It would be nice if libraries only recorded the history of their zoi and if you wanted more it had to be transported from other libraries.
    It would be nice if you can burn libraries down to destroy all the records.

I think destroying the records wouldn't be a really good thing in a high fantasy game mmorpg(since we, or i personally would like to see and read about the best players who've conquered the server before me).
    And another thing that i think it'd be a fun idea, to let players write little stories about their adventures and fun moments in the guild and to be 2 categories, World History(the battles between max level nodes, world bosses), and then local history based on the part of the world where the node is located(what guild grew it, what players and so on), tho it might get a little complex and the local one would require the assistance of players.

• ZaraZara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    For people who don’t specifically have a scientific metropolis our community plans on a chroniclers role as well.