Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Artisan Skills + Mechanics

KleinatureKleinature Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Which artisan skill are you most looking forward to? Are there any specific mechanics you want/don't want for said skill?

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Jewel crafting and weapon smithing sounds fun in my opinion^^
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Damokles wrote: »

I know more about your love for Jewels than I feel comfortable admitting...
    ~Simus Deathmax
  • azurlazurl Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Mining, smelting and tool crafting is interesting to me. I may go for one of these, but we'll see in alpha 1/2, I may change my mind
    Simus wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »

I know more about your love for Jewels than I feel comfortable admitting...

THAT SOUNDS LIKE YOU WANT SOME OF MY TRINKETS! COME HERE MY FRIEND, THE FIRST ONE IS ON THE HOUSE!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If there is a "lore maker" like someone who makes book I would love to do that
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    nagash wrote: »

Scribes was something they were still thinking about^^
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Scribes
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • nagash wrote: »

You think wands and books will be crafted by same artisan class?
    ~Simus Deathmax
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Simus wrote: »
    nagash wrote: »

You think wands and books will be crafted by same artisan class?

from what Damokles just said I would say maybe
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • LalliLalli Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • Most likely some kind of weapon smithing.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • YeOldeSmithYeOldeSmith Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    If I can find a niche weapon smithing be it axes or maces I will do that but if not I will make sure to get myself into a dwarven town, find the master anvil and RP there lol
    Something need doing?
    vBOHmDw.png

• desseusdesseus Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    I find it hard to pick anything out as we have had plenty of examples, that being said naval features will come at some point and since my guild is toying with the idea of being near the sea..Got to say some sort of shipwright or engineer building ships would be great.
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I want clear explainations of the process, not just alluding to <whatever> or hints; where I feel there are steps being left out. I want room in my inventory for materials I will need, especially as you get more advanced.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• ScythaScytha Member, Intrepid Pack
    Alchemy if it's really in depth.

I don't want to; stand at a crafting station, grab 3 herb, a vial and use my imagination while it gets mass produced.

I want to be able to choose how much of it I use. X+Y+Z herb can always make Amazing potion, sure. But choosing amounts leading to different effects would be great. If it can increase the potions enhancements while increasing rate of failure that'd be great. Like Buff potion increase Attack Speed and Accuracy for 10 seconds. Reducing Herb Y reduces accuracy but increasing crafting success rate. Increasing Herb X increasing the attack speed multiplier but reduces crafting success chance. Increasing the amount of water makes the potion easier to drink but takes longer. Reducing that takes more concentration at the time but happens quicker.

Something like this seems very difficult to do. But at least seems possible. I'd turn into a near full time crafter for depths like that. I think even after a base code is made you could copy paste it and design all potions around it.

If not I'll be focusing on mastering a gather profession to get the most from my time while out and about fighting.
  • perseus01perseus01 Member
    edited April 2019
    So my artisan class will most likely be the most forgiving class in that I can aquire the easiest or most materials. I would assume armor or weapons.
    Any mechanics I wouldn't want are creating an unbreakable item since there is degradation.
    Any sort of mechanic that can inhibit the ability to use the item, besides perhaps racial traits.
    Also, total loss of item. It would rather be a lesser quality or grade; hardness, temper, composition, etc. Qualities that can degrade the item.

Say perhaps I wanted to create some steel armor. If my skills were high enough to get it around a 96% composition grade of durability then my temper and squelching skills would obviously have to be moderate to get that % of success. Perhaps, with some good water and belches it can increase my success rate.
  • shothishothi Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    kinda hyped for the tattoo system.
    wan't to hear more first.
  • DeliaszDeliasz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I was always a type of sword or bow person but recently I'm thinking more about being a Hammer and Pick a person.

I hope they will introduce a very steep way to craft and acquire the materials. I don't want to see a fully automated process of crafting materials.

It would be handy to have some random option added when you forge your item manually from the sub-materials towards end product versus automated process where you have guaranteed some options.

Want to wander into mines to find some super cool materials and be able to not stay only in the smithy most of the game. For me, Artisan class or in my way some armor/weapon crafter don't need to fight too often but should be able to defend himself/herself.
    Time goes fast. Time is a speed freak :D