Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Would this be a feature you'd use?

The ability to log into a different server as an observer, like a free-roaming camera, and just fly through the world just to see how the players built up their nodes in a different way.

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    That would be pretty op for sieges...
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It's not something I personally would do but I would be cool to see a node vs node fight on another server
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    nagash wrote: »
    It's not something I personally would do but I would be cool to see a node vs node fight on another server

The problem is that a guild doing the siege could just get someone to do the spectating and tell them the detail about their defences ^^'
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »

The problem is that a guild doing the siege could just get someone to do the spectating and tell them the detail about their defences ^^'

Oh I agree but you could have it as a reply after the fight ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • GumdropsGumdrops Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    Would this not give too much information that other players can destroy it easier?
    Reminder to stay on topic
    That would be really nice @Nagash.
    Another thing would be that Sieged cities would be impossible to see in spectator mode^^
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • seaberseaber Member, Intrepid Pack
    Waste of dev time
    Legendary Healer
    Invincible Tank
    Unrivalled Dps
    Queen of Growlgate
    Kraken Tamer
    Super Cutie
    H8 me cuz u ain't me
  • Assume the feature is disabled during sieges or that it has all the necessary mechanisms in-built to prevent abuse (maybe it's zoomed out at a fixed level...come to think of it, people could just post images of their world map if it shows icons for cities/settlements etc.)
  • @Seaber I don't mean it as a dev request, just a fun hypothetical.
  • DevorandomDevorandom Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Probably not, unless I wanted to make a video.
    Screenshot_86.png
  • cotukcotuk Member
    I really like to have options of REPLAY in-game.
    In ashes they possibly can realize that by making server register interesting events and copy that part of map for later watching of recording that will be sent somewhere. Good for post event analysis. Guys from DCN can even do podcasts on stuff like that :)
    2a0jptg.png
  • beyabeya Member
    Damokles wrote: »

Exactly my thoughts. Some people would find a way to exploit bases layout and such for sieges.
  • XombieXombie Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'd rather just have a blog post or monthly recap with all the variations from server to server. That's an easier task for the devs/community and it can't be exploited.