Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Your best MMO Story

KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
Hello everyone one the things I love doing most is reading about grand adventures which is probably why I enjoy reading epic fantasy and one piece. Which is why I also enjoy reading about MMOs stories to. I've heard some really good ones like the EVE online ones and this other one in which this guy tricked the whole server into giving him a billion gold. Now I'm sure you all have some great ones and new ones that you hope happen in Ashes and makes you excited for it. Anything specific perhaps like "I hope during a castle siege a surprise army shows up to help us win the day just like in game of thrones." or that your able to lead the raid that kills the dragon attacking a node since dynamic events will happen due to node development or "I cant wait to 40 man raid again its such a great CF". And no they definitely don't have to be as long as mine. But the more the merrier. I will start :)

Now this storys a little short but and probably not my best but here goes. When I was playing Raider Z I was still a little new to mmos or I didn't know I had walked into a dungeon or something. All I know is that when I walked that skeleton hit way harder than I thought it would and I almost died. Since it was a dungeon they were elite mobs and way stronger than regular. After I killed the skeleton I realized killing the whole dungeon would take forever. So I eventually came back with a party of five. Things went relatively smoothly as I remember until that one moment. When a caster moved the mob we were attacking to far to the right and I missed my ultimate attack because of it. Since Raider Z was an action based mmo with dodging and such. I heard some rumors about a reboot but I dont think its going to pan out. From what I can remember there was a lack of content and pvp was annoying unless you were mage. pvp was getting kited by mages and other ranged classes. :D Anyway she apologized in chat for making me miss (gasp someone used chat to talk in a mmo that is so rare today. :( ) We then go to the boss room to fight maglus or was it maverick. I don't know it was something that started with a M. There were other rooms with more bosses but they must have been optional since we didn't kill them. The main boss was this kind of wizard knight who may have been undead since you fight him in a Catacomb. Manelloth.png

Things were going well for a bit until we realized the bosses health was not going down he kept healing. :o After a bit of this someone said make sure you avoid the balls. Since he was shooting these electric balls in all directions. That didn't work either his health was still going up. After a few minutes of his health going back up someone said RUN AWAY and then everyone but me ran away. I was hesitant since I thought we could do it. I didn't want to give up. But I didn't want to be one shot so I followed suit. I still remember to this day everyone running away and the annoyed feeling I had 😦. Just outside the boss room. One guy started talking about how the boss was overpowered and how he was the final boss in the beta. At this moment it would have been great to talk strategy or something. But one guy said he was going to bring in his lv 40 mage to kill the lv 20 boss. I thought that was even more dumb than running away. In hindsight I wished I had spoken up to convince everyone to not cheese the boss. But at the time I was a little shy and everyone seemed on board with it so I just kinda rolled with it. 10 min later the lv 40 mage comes in and 2 shots the boss. Leaving me with a feeling of having cheated and a finished story.

P.s. I checked on the dungeon and added his picture and I found out why we couldn't kill him. Quote from a video that kills the boss "Later on after playing with a whole different group I learned that the theories from the other group were all wrong - to get the final boss you actually have to hit his shield down and not wait for it to do down." I personally think it would have been way more fun to spend sometime trying to figure out mechanics instead of immediately cheesing but thats just me. Oh and I guess the story is a little longer than I thought.
https://youtu.be/hZzGzAMXE4I?t=732 The boss kill video
But sadly since the brought 3 lv 30s they also cheese him. :/
They start Manelloth at 12:12

TL;DR I am basically annoyed that we cheesed a boss during a dungeon run.

Comments

• Options
    ShadowCreptShadowCrept Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Putting 1000hrs into Bless 😂
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2019
    I once played a 38h long civ 5 session in one sitting. (Its not an mmo but hey)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »

I played a tabletop game for 4 hours a week for over 3 year
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    nagash wrote: »

Isnt that normal? XD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options

Isnt that normal? XD

normally yes but this was a kingdom of death campaign
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    easyeasy Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    winning everything
  • Options
    @nagash dont know this kingdom of death, is it any good?
    The most brutal thing i ever played was a 4 month long warhammer 40k imperial guardsmen campaign. We had to create platoons of expendable footsoldiers and had to hold the line... it was really depressing when we started to push back and found the corpses of our first companies that nearly died instantly in enemy fire.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    The most brutal thing i ever played was a 4 month long warhammer 40k imperial guardsmen campaign. We had to create platoons of expendable footsoldiers and had to hold the line... it was really depressing when we started to push back and found the corpses of our first companies that nearly died instantly in enemy fire.

think of the world of berserk and then times it by 100 and you have kingdom of death
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

think of the world of berserk and then times it by 100 and you have kingdom of death

My god i think i am in love.
    Googled it and saw that it costs around 400€?!? But it seems to hve a ton of stuff in it... maybe if i saved some money on the side :)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options

My god i think i am in love.
    Googled it and saw that it costs around 400€?!? But it seems to hve a ton of stuff in it... maybe if i saved some money on the side :)

did you see the artwork ^^ its stunningly grotesque
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    @nagash if my friends where into board games, i would seriously play it, but sadly they dont :/
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    @nagash if my friends where into board games, i would seriously play it, but sadly they dont :/

yeah its nowhere near cheap plus not may people like that type of RP
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Best story probably was when we were raiding in WoW.

Doing 25 man Naxx during WotLK and one of our healers had a girlfriend that was due with their child any day now. Right in the middle of the raid he goes "hey guys, my girlfriend is having her baby". So I messaged a back up to take his spot, assuming he'd leave to go see his child born.

He hung out in the Ventrilo server, and then goes "ok, can i get an invite to the raid?". We were surprised, and someone goes "don't you have to leave, be with your girlfriend?"

And his reply was "Oh no, there's nothing I can do, she's got it".

So we raided Naxx 25man, while this guy ignored the birth of his first child.

The same raid, a kid shit his pants.

It was an eventful time.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    Karthos wrote: »

Doing 25 man Naxx during WotLK and one of our healers had a girlfriend that was due with their child any day now. Right in the middle of the raid he goes "hey guys, my girlfriend is having her baby". So I messaged a back up to take his spot, assuming he'd leave to go see his child born.

He hung out in the Ventrilo server, and then goes "ok, can i get an invite to the raid?". We were surprised, and someone goes "don't you have to leave, be with your girlfriend?"

It was an eventful time.

Love the new sig @Karthos
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    kindergartenkindergarten Member, Intrepid Pack
    a long time ago in WoW:
    i was on my main farming rep.
    i see 2 undead low lvl chars ( lvl15+16) also coming to the quest hub to turn q's in.
    i get a whisper: "(my rl name)?"
    i was like wtf and asked who they were.
    it was a dude i knew, but not very well, played with him like 4-5 times, added his main to my friends list. he was with his girlfriend leveling an alt and for her it was the first character.

what a weird coincidence. that was before battle tags and all that. but it was so absolutely stupid, nobody would ever believe me anyways.
    23in6tvjikn1.gif
  • Options
    ZaraZara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    I walked in on two elves erping in the middle of nowhere in TERA.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Czar wrote: »

Ever went into the Goldshire Inn in WoW?
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    My old WoW guild was dwarf-centric and had a been active for a couple of years when we decided to go all out and put together a celebration. My contribution was taking the raid symbols, macro buttons, and doing a lot of lore reading then putting it all together as a trivia contest. Was told it was one of the most memorable parts of the afternoon/evening celebration.

Here's how to replicate it;
    1. Add all the participants and spectators to a raid group
    2. Set out four raid symbols
    3. Ask the question
    4. Provide four answers each having a different raid symbol
    5. Count down as people scramble to the raid symbol that represents the answer they believe is correct
    6. Start with a few easy questions so participants understand the basics
    7. As questions become more difficult start an elimination round robin
    8. Reward the top finishers with prizes that reflect the event
    owuEH4S.png
  • Options

It was an eventful time.

Thanks! Guildhart made it
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options

It was an eventful time.

Reminds me of the time, when the Cat of our main heal shat right behind his chair and he just said "HOLY SHIT, MY CAT JUST SHAT BEHIND ME! OH GOD IT STINKS!" And we all just started laughing, we did kill Iskar mythic that night.
    Or when we were at 5% Mythic Mannoroth in WoD HFC and our only surviving tank suddenly stopped, because he got a shiny kangaskan in pokemonGO. xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Czar wrote: »

Ever went into the Goldshire Inn in WoW?

Moonguard Server.

Shit will scar you for life.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options

It was an eventful time.

Thanks! Guildhart made it

he did a great job ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Pre-CU Jedi grind (swg)
    ~Simus Deathmax
  • Options
    Simus wrote: »
    Pre-CU Jedi grind (swg)

That grind ended two marriages I know about.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    cotukcotuk Member
    All my cool storys are sexually gross and 18+, I hope they never leave my head :#
    2a0jptg.png
  • Options
    Simus wrote: »
    Pre-CU Jedi grind (swg)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP7ugJ84JUk
    From this video I can tell it must have been a crazy time.
  • Options
    URanu5URanu5 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Lordy, I have so many stories far and wide... From the guildie who missed raid to... 'Git et On', but forgot to turn their mic off as they were in the raiding channel... To me becoming the Symbol of Hate (Not actually, but apparently to someone) I've ever known of for three days on Tumblr... I've been on and seen adventures far and wide as the internet and one's chair can get.

However, my most sacred one is when I was just starting not just the game WoW but my first on my own MMO experience. I started out in the Burning Crusade as a Rogue but kept getting roflstomped by Paladins, specifically Prot Paladins, and I didn't know why... So I figure the best way to fight a Paladin, is to learn how one is played aka become one, so I rolled a Paladin on something that I considered a test server... RP-PvP Ravenholdt. Coming from PvP Frostmourne I experienced people actually interacting with me! Not for RP soon, but for PvE content and chit-chat... -Actual- Guild invites that were supposed to be meaningful... One, in particular, was for this -Blood Oath- a guild that was supposed to stem off of the Blood Knights (Whomever the fuck Blood Knights are right!?). They were, from what I thought was at the time, very RP oriented but had such a beautiful blend of PvE and PvP. The guild leader, who was a fellow Prot Paladin, liked that I was a very fast leveler for someone so new to the game and wanted to play with me as soon as possible as he was at 80 and such a pro at the game, he said - who am I to judge(ment)? He was my first mentor in the game and he gave me one solid, firm, perhaps an old school ultimatum, word of advice... "Go, Holy, Prot sucks... Besides you don't want to tank, I tank and have to do all the work so you just go Holy and I'll get you squared away." For those who don't know... Holy Paladin is the Healing spec, a single target healing spec that wasn't too hot compared to those that had AoE healing, good for PvP though. So this one guy ended up changing my ENTIRE life on the game... Because as time passed I began to not just like Holy Paladins, but Love them! Love healing! Something I never would have tried or imagine stepping foot into less I was -tricked- and -conned-... Not to say I became something of a guru at the class but I ended up training and helping more than my fingers and toes of players and did active research, talked to the best I could get for advice... It was an obsession that lead me, quickly, out of that guild and into raiding and heavy PvP arenas. I owe a lot to that one guy for coaxing me into healing.
    planet-uranus.jpg
  • Options
    ReacconReaccon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My Fav Story is also the worst.

Finding my first MVP Card after only 12 years of grinding in Ragnarok Online.
    Short after (~2 weeks later) it got banned on a Guildies Account, because he was abusing a bug, while wearing my armor (The Armor-Piece was shared on Sieges).

welp :)
    aocsig.png
  • Options

reaccon wrote: »
    My Fav Story is also the worst.

Finding my first MVP Card after only 12 years of grinding in Ragnarok Online.
    Short after (~2 weeks later) it got banned on a Guildies Account, because he was abusing a bug, while wearing my armor (The Armor-Piece was shared on Sieges).

welp :)

I'm sorry. :D
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    MU Online, first time chaos castle, got fucked with a laser to the face in the first 0.01 seconds in. Great experience would bang again.