Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Monthly Cosmetics and Races

The more I thought about trying to make a title for this one, the more questions I had unanswered. You will have to forgive me as I have not been keeping up with it, but I know I am still waiting on the Kaelar Humans (supposedly the Imperial might of the civilization) which I expect will be the last revealed to us.
I was wondering, has the Kaelar cosmetics been released yet and what races have not been revealed to us so far?
Will the non-racial cosmetics be released after all races have been revealed?

Comments

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They have had non-racial cosmetics months in the past. The racial theme is a new thing over the last year. The last to be revealed will most likely be Tulnar cosmetics due to the variety of options that would be available and as a stretch goal they are meant to be developed last from everything they have said in the past. Since there are several production lines going they probably have an idea of what they want to do, but push various options when something doesn't make the date they were looking for.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Perseus01
    The last race truly revealed to us will be the Tulnar...
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    @Damokles
    I see...the inevitable and natural debuffs of the Tulnar takes all, eh? 😃
    I wonder what the special item for them will be... 😬
  • Options
    Perseus01 wrote: »
    @Damokles

Special item: warpstone thrower (one can only hope)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Perseus01 wrote: »
    @Damokles

Special item: warpstone thrower (one can only hope)

Warplock Tulnar ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think the April 2017 cosmetics were for the Kaelar humans. Even though it was not explicitly stated.
    2PXdm1m
  • Options
    Ok thank you. One more question, although I believe I already know the answer to, will they continue cosmetics as long as the shop is open?
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm pretty sure the shop will have monthly items well into the game.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They did say that they want the cash shop to have a somewhat limited selection since you can earn cosmetics in game, honestly I have no qualms with this but I hope they don't release too many racial themed cosmetics for the cash shop now since those are just better used for in game stuff. Elite legions or things like that are good though.
  • Options
    Exactly what I was thinking leaf, an elite sort of cosmetic would make it interesting, after release when people have knowledge of the world. Especially the Tulnar.
  • Options
    One thing that I would be happy about in the cash shop in-game, would be if they just made color variations for specific armours, that can only be aplied on the specific armour. Like the LoL chroma packs.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    One thing that I would be happy about in the cash shop in-game, would be if they just made color variations for specific armours, that can only be aplied on the specific armour. Like the LoL chroma packs.

Dyes ? I mean what is the point of restricting the dyes in the game ?
  • Options
    Autumnleaf wrote: »

Fk i forgot that Dyes are a normal thing nowadays (WoW still has no dye system after all and that was the last game i really played much off)
    Or they could put more armour accessoires in the cash shop, as long as we have enough in-game. ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

I actually liked the system GW2 initially had for dyes. I remember it being single yet enough to satisfy the need for near total customization.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    Autumnleaf wrote: »

Fk i forgot that Dyes are a normal thing nowadays (WoW still has no dye system after all and that was the last game i really played much off)
    Or they could put more armour accessoires in the cash shop, as long as we have enough in-game. ;D

Well it is already confirmed that even in-game stuff will look good add on top of that the earnable cosmetics in-game and most people wont even need to use the cash shop to look good c:
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The cash shop will always be around. Look for there to be themed months for cosmetics similar to how ESO and others do it. They have promised parity with cosmetics/rewards earned in game and people are not going to let them ever forget it. Will there be shop exclusives? Yes, but that means you can get that Otter in purple with the special gold barding. In game you will be able to get an Otter not that exact shade of purple and with silver barding.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg