Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PvP PvE Or both~?

Hey~! I love hearing from the community, and since I'm completely new to MMORPGs I'd love to hear what you guys like more. PvP, PvE or a mix of the two. I personally have basically only played PvP games, CS:GO , RUST etc. I'd love to give PvE a chance in Ashes, seeing those huge groups of people taking on a super cool boss looks crazy fun~! Let me know what you guys have gravitated towards, or if you like to strike a balance~!
Poko.png

Comments

• Options
    DevorandomDevorandom Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It's purely up to how it's implamented. In Blade and Soul or ESO I like the PvP. In WoW and Guild Wars I enjoyed the PvE.
    Screenshot_86.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    devorandom wrote: »
    It's purely up to how it's implamented. In Blade and Soul or ESO I like the PvP. In WoW and Guild Wars I enjoyed the PvE.

Hmmm... that makes sense~! I hope in Ashes though they will both be wonderful, so people will have desire to try them both out~! For me I play ONLY pvp games, but that doesn't mean I'm only going to PVP in the MMO. I'd love to try fighting huge bosses with lovely friends <3
    Poko.png
  • Options
    DevorandomDevorandom Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ya the way it will be implemented seems to encourage a balanced playstyle.
    Screenshot_86.png
  • Options

PvE: Player vs environment
    PvP: Player vs player
    PvX: Player vs anything

I'll play PvX. Both is enjoyable and both I'll practise... with friends and new folks I think it will be fabulous :-D
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Ashes will be a blend of both.

Even if you don't want PvP, you better be ready for it, or be ready to hand over a lot of your hard earned gold to the other guy.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    ShadowCreptShadowCrept Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well when it comes to me most MMOs u cant do one without the other atleast in my perspective, Ive always been more of a PvE guy but after joining my Guild and doing alot of PvP in Bless, i enjoyed being there making sure noone died (healer Life OP)
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    Ibarumarky wrote: »
    PvE: Player vs environment
    PvP: Player vs player
    PvX: Player vs anything

I'll play PvX. Both is enjoyable and both I'll practise... with friends and new folks I think it will be fabulous :-D

I'll probably be PvX ! I didn't even know that was a thing lol
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    jahlon wrote: »
    Ashes will be a blend of both.

Even if you don't want PvP, you better be ready for it, or be ready to hand over a lot of your hard earned gold to the other guy.

That's great~! I want to do both so, that'll be awesome. Especially since I've never tried PvE so that should be pretty fun.
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    Well when it comes to me most MMOs u cant do one without the other atleast in my perspective, Ive always been more of a PvE guy but after joining my Guild and doing alot of PvP in Bless, i enjoyed being there making sure noone died (healer Life OP)

Well even if that's the case I'm definitely planning on doing them both~! <3 I LOVE PvP but I feel like I'd really enjoy PvE. If it's relaxing at some points, exciting at others. That should be a pretty nice blend. Then PvP for when people are really wanting some action. Or PvE can have the same action as PvP, I wouldn't know!
    Poko.png
  • Options
    JubilumJubilum Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    I'm primarily a PVE player. But do occasionally enjoy meaningful or consensual PVP. I'm actually looking forward to node and castle sieges and to a degree caravan battles. My concern is allowing open world PVP and the type of person that gets some kind of sick pleasure from killing other players for the giggles. I believe the corruption system will not be an effective determent to this behavior and will eventually rune the game for a large portion of the player base.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I prefer PvE as I'm a lore fanatic but I also like PvP so I guess that makes me a PvX player
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    nagash wrote: »
    I prefer PvE as I'm a lore fanatic but I also like PvP so I guess that makes me a PvX player

I do enjoy Lore myself! I love listening to stuff about WoW, but I just can't stand to play the game.
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    Jubilum wrote: »
    I'm primarily a PVE player. But do occasionally enjoy meaningful or consensual PVP. I'm actually looking forward to node and castle sieges and to a degree caravan battles. My concern is allowing open world PVP and the type of person that gets some kind of sick pleasure from killing other players for the giggles. I believe the corruption system will not be an effective determent to this behavior and will eventually rune the game for a large portion of the player base.

Hmmm... I like PvP and PvE as well, but I doubt the open world PvP will be that bad, I mean losing your GEAR that you farmed for, at least in WoW I've seen gear or mount or whatever be impossibly hard to get. I think risking that many hours and hours and weeks or even months of work is a pretty good deterrent myself. Imagine farming the same boss over and over for some amazing gear, only going to kill everyone and then lose it to some random player who loots it. Either way I guess we'll just have to see <3
    Poko.png
  • Options
    nagash wrote: »

I do enjoy Lore myself! I love listening to stuff about WoW, but I just can't stand to play the game.

Welcome to the club ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    In all fairness if u come into ashes thinking u will only be doing 1 or the other ur dead wrong,every1 will need to contribute in both ways or u will be left behind, more so the PvErs bc some1 will come along and kill u while u are RPing or Farming and get a chance to get all ur resources, thats why u need ppl with u to fight back
  • Options
    everyone will be PvX at some point whethere they like it or not >.<
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    In all fairness if u come into ashes thinking u will only be doing 1 or the other ur dead wrong,every1 will need to contribute in both ways or u will be left behind, more so the PvErs bc some1 will come along and kill u while u are RPing or Farming and get a chance to get all ur resources, thats why u need ppl with u to fight back

Mhm~! <3 I like them both so I think I should be good, but I couldn't imagine how people are just going to STRICTLY PvE. I hope it'll open their minds to PvP and not just turn them away from the game. Maybe they'll add some exceptions to loot loss, and if they aren't trying to pvp they won't lose as much anyway. I think having both is much better ^-^
    Poko.png
  • Options
    everyone will be PvX at some point whethere they like it or not >.<

Lets just hope they get both parts and not just side with one
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    pjrydeckerpjrydecker Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I am actually a true PVX player. My main focus is crafting but I love the rush of PVP and if I have to flatten world bosses with a group of like minded players to get that rare component to make the best product then so be it. Diversity of game play keeps it interesting for me.
    4ZZpOBh.gif
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My primary focus is always PvE, but I'll dabble in team PvP.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    PvE is great to chill but PVP definitely pumps me up more, it's just fun fighting you know an actual intelligent (limited but still) person c: with pve I often feel no challenge due to how MMO's work where if your level is high enough you can fuck everything up, and specific monsters require specific amounts of people, you cant outskill a boss that is supposed to be for 5 people by yourself but you can have a close fight with a player of the same level.
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    pjrydecker wrote: »
    I am actually a true PVX player. My main focus is crafting but I love the rush of PVP and if I have to flatten world bosses with a group of like minded players to get that rare component to make the best product then so be it. Diversity of game play keeps it interesting for me.

Yeah that seems awesome~! I've never played an MMORPG so I have no idea what I am, but I'd love to both PvE and PvP. I haven't PvEd before but I feel I'll enjoy it, and PvP is something I always enjoy so that's a no brainer.
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    arzosah wrote: »
    My primary focus is always PvE, but I'll dabble in team PvP.

Mhm~! I'm glad to hear you're open to it c: <3 I'm gunna really try out PvE, it looks super cool fighting huge bosses and stuff. I always PvP in every game though so no worries on that.
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    Autumnleaf wrote: »
    PvE is great to chill but PVP definitely pumps me up more, it's just fun fighting you know an actual intelligent (limited but still) person c: with pve I often feel no challenge due to how MMO's work where if your level is high enough you can fuck everything up, and specific monsters require specific amounts of people, you cant outskill a boss that is supposed to be for 5 people by yourself but you can have a close fight with a player of the same level.

Yeah that's what I've always seen, I tried WoW and then looked up how to get into a raid. I just walked around and 1 hit literally everything in there. I hope ashes will have a mix of static levels, and scaling. Without scaling places in the world become absolute ghost towns and meaningless to visit.
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Autumnleaf wrote: »

Yeah that's what I've always seen, I tried WoW and then looked up how to get into a raid. I just walked around and 1 hit literally everything in there. I hope ashes will have a mix of static levels, and scaling. Without scaling places in the world become absolute ghost towns and meaningless to visit.

Well in AoC there are no level zones so if you think you can farm rabbits and be safe then think again because mommy slime will come with a 20 level lead and melt your ass to oblivion.
  • Options
    grisugrisu Member
    A good MMO should make me want to do both.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    Grisu wrote: »

True.
  • Options
    Grisu wrote: »

wise words
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Potato BasketPotato Basket Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    PVX>PVE ALL DAY.

pve should serve the purpose of gearing up for pvp while pvx is always there to keep u on the edge.
  • Options
    BellendBellend Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    PvP pretty much exclusively.