Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The videos that made me follow Ashes <3

VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
Just a little throwback for when I found the first videos about Ashes, these are the videos that got me hooked before I read the kickstarter page. Everything just seems perfect, the music, visuals and well just everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iNpeHv7l1Y&amp;t=41s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHTWhIF5cqI&amp;t=26s

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I haven't seen these videos in ages.

P.s poor skeletons
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    nagash wrote: »
    I haven't seen these videos in ages.

P.s poor skeletons

I know it's hard to believe that it's already 2 years :scream: I want that snow region for my freehold :joy:
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Feels much longer
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    nagash wrote: »
    Feels much longer

True it still went by in a flash, I remember when I was scrambling to get money for the KS :joy:
  • Options
    KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    Yeah it was a different time. :) A time of great hype and seeing mmo content often. :o Oh the memories. :(
  • Options
    Yeah it was a different time. :) A time of great hype and seeing mmo content often. :o Oh the memories. :(

Thats about it yeah c:
  • Options
    AtliAtli Member, Warrior of Old
    Wow. It's been a bit since I've seen those. I was coming down off the EQN depression, so I was slightly pessimistic about Ashes.
    jgyClWy.jpg
  • Options
    Atli wrote: »
    Wow. It's been a bit since I've seen those. I was coming down off the EQN depression, so I was slightly pessimistic about Ashes.

I was coming from Revelations Online at the time and before that I was addicted to Allods Online for years, both games got fucked over by my.com so imagine how I felt when my.com was announced as publisher for EU :joy: still got to have hope.
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Deathsproxy's and then The Lazy Peon's videos got me interested.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Autumnleaf wrote: »

I was coming from Revelations Online at the time and before that I was addicted to Allods Online for years, both games got fucked over by my.com so imagine how I felt when my.com was announced as publisher for EU :joy: still got to have hope.

Often the only thing we can have at times is Hope. Since it may be the only thing that can pierce the darkness and bring back the light.
    latest?cb=20160601185441
  • Options

Often the only thing we can have at times is Hope. Since it may be the only thing that can pierce the darkness and bring back the light.
    latest?cb=20160601185441

Personally I am a dark type of guy but appreciated ;)
  • Options
    elf wrote: »
    Deathsproxy's and then The Lazy Peon's videos got me interested.

Those were great c:
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    That Wilhelm scream at 0:38 xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    Those CCs get you to stay :P I get you to leave :P
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Lazy Peon's video introduced me to the game, then after some additional exploration I came across the videos in the OP and was hooked and promptly jumped on the kickstarter.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    FhinFhin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    the nostalgia^^ haven't seen those in forever :)
    Qsb9psK.png
  • Options
    Those were the same videos I saw that got me interested in Ashes. Then I checked out the node videos and I was sold on it.

Those videos serve as a reminder that I still need to upgrade my computer before Ashes release so I can play it at the highest graphics!
    "If you lose sight of something, the only person who can find it again is you"
  • Options
    poisonzpoisonz Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    it was the kickstarter that had bacon on it no video
    AhuZFn7.gif
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    aevari wrote: »
    Those were the same videos I saw that got me interested in Ashes. Then I checked out the node videos and I was sold on it.

Those videos serve as a reminder that I still need to upgrade my computer before Ashes release so I can play it at the highest graphics!

I much prefer the older videos myself.

I'm sure it's 90% nolstsgia to the level of hype and optimism the community had back then though.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    Karthos wrote: »

I'm sure it's 90% nolstsgia to the level of hype and optimism the community had back then though.

These are some of the older ones on the AoC channgel though ? :joy:
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

I was agreeing with you!
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    AhsokaTanoAhsokaTano Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2019
    those are pretty good for how early on they were
    x75zturis6k01.jpg

Ahsoka, out
  • Options

I was agreeing with you!

Ahh I see, i thought you knew of some older ones xD
  • Options
    AhsokaTano wrote: »
    those are pretty good for how early on they were

The magic of rendering. Well the game does look amazing from the last mmo stream too though.
  • Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ah yes. I was pretty set on mage back then. I was watching a lot of Death Proxy vids back then too and decided to back it on KS.
    signature.png
  • Options
    Still planning on mage personally c: