Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Do you miss theory crafting?

FhinFhin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Hey guys,

I wanna know what your take on the new forums is, as for me, we had a specific section in the old forums called "theory crafting". Hell I loved browsing through there and throw in my own two cents once in a while. If I want something like that now, I have to comb through General Discussion.
I will get used to it, no doubt. But at the moment I still miss my theories^^
Also the section where newcomers could open their own threads and introduce themselves properly, loved it when we had those.

What do you guys think? Am I crazy?^^
Qsb9psK.png

Comments

• Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I do miss reading that section although I never wrote anything.

I'm notoriously bad at theory crafting but I can appreciate the art form.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dygz, Fantmx, and Neurotoxin do a show with theory crafting something called Ashen Theory Forge, I believe.
    Daedelus also had a show with Tyfurious doing the same.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A theory crafting sub-forum could be neat. However, not to be a negative Nancy but I imagine a lot of the thoery crafting we're going to get at this point is either stuff that's been discussed to heck and back or things that have already been discredited and rejected.

We need more info about the game before we can get back full swing into theory crafting.
  • Options
    poisonzpoisonz Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    hackerson wrote: »
    Do you miss theory crafting?

no
    AhuZFn7.gif
  • Options
    That was my favorite section.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2019
    The problem with theorycrafting is that we all have high expectations and will be utterly sad when that doesnt happen. Thats why i say lets dream, but dont expect, lets be realistic! If it happens, holy shit yeah, if not then that is okay dokay
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I've always loved reading through various theory crafting, though I only occasionally gave much input.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    FhinFhin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    At least some people miss the subforum, that makes me feel a bit better^^

@poisonz you're utterly crazy, sir!
    Qsb9psK.png
  • Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There is still a lot happening, it's just spread out all over the Sandal Lords forums.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    grisugrisu Member
    Not really, having participated in them for nearly 1 1/2 years there was just too too much "im not reading your shit in the first place and say whatever" " hey a list of names to replace those names" "I haven't read anything about ashes but this wont happen and I will telll you that until you stop posting" "I know better"

In the end there were like 2 people per topic willing to just think about it for the fun of it burried in blabla.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    Grisu wrote: »
    Not really, having participated in them for nearly 1 1/2 years there was just too too much "im not reading your shit in the first place and say whatever" " hey a list of names to replace those names" "I haven't read anything about ashes but this wont happen and I will telll you that until you stop posting" "I know better" In the end there were like 2 people per topic willing to just think about it for the fun of it burried in blabla.

I agree this happens, but imo it has been problem generally and not just in theorycrafting section.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?