Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Lore Leak-April 17th

MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
So as many of you have seen and read the new lore about the regalia armor I also found some unexpected lore.

During the News post this was written
from Margaret
" The Iron Lion is a fairly new order, one formed out of fear of the unknown. With the rediscovery of the old world, many Kaelar wondered what lay beyond, considering the mystical nature of the comet which ended an era ages ago"

However being the lore junkie I am, i quickly caught on to something.
to which I quickly wrote to Margaret
" MargaretKrohn in your News announcement for the regalia it says a comet ended an era but in the blog it does not mention such a thing. The last time we heard about anything resembling a comet was in Dillias Diary. Are we to now assume that verra was in fact destroyed by the harbingers aka the comet or was that an error in the announcement? "

she replied back with
"I'll let you ponder on that"

Now if you all remember Steven has been very vocal about not telling us what the harbingers were or what started the great fall.

so tell me what you think about this and what other theories you may have.

light up the comments.

Comments

• Options
    Potato BasketPotato Basket Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    (╯°□°)╯︵( .o.)
  • Options
    OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Wow, what a find you sleuth!
  • Options
    grisugrisu Member
    Ill just say the most obvious: the great fall is a literal thing, it made a comet fall down on Verra? AmbitiousSnivelingFlicker-small.gif
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A comet might have been the cause according to the 'fairly new" order. We all know how myth can change when passed down from generation to generation. The people of Verra may have not even known themselves. However, after reading the diary (what little I read) I assumed the 'harbinger' was a term associated with the comets that indicated something was about to come.

I mean, by definition, a harbinger is like the announcer. So perhaps the comets were just the precursor to what actually came. Either way, they likely devastated a lot of Verra.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    Grisu wrote: »
    Ill just say the most obvious: the great fall is a literal thing, it made a comet fall down on Verra? AmbitiousSnivelingFlicker-small.gif

I like that alot
  • Options
    azathoth wrote: »
    A comet might have been the cause according to the 'fairly new" order. We all know how myth can change when passed down from generation to generation. The people of Verra may have not even known themselves. However, after reading the diary (what little I read) I assumed the 'harbinger' was a term associated with the comets that indicated something was about to come.

I mean, by definition, a harbinger is like the announcer. So perhaps the comets were just the precursor to what actually came. Either way, they likely devastated a lot of Verra.

Great insight.
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When I read it, I, too, thought it was the harbinger. Now, the adjective "mystical" as in mystical nature of the comet makes me think it could have been Essence which now permeates the world of Verra.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Great find and nice follow up with Margaret. For sure something to ponder.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nice find Maki!
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Grisu wrote: »

It's the twin tailed comet of sigmar
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    @makinoji

"Verra was in fact destroyed by the harbingers aka the comet"

I think you took a left turn at Albuquerque and jumped to a conclusion here.

I'd spell it out more, but since you love the lore go all the back to the beginning. Lay it all out in front of you.

As Pandolfini tells Josh in Finding Bobby Fischer "Its 12 moves away, but its there...don't move until you see it"

hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I think she's talking about the story in Dillia's Diary but you did find something. I saw that tweet after I made my video yesterday. In my video I asked, "why does this armor protect against magic?" So here's what I think.

Verra was a happy place until the arrival of the ten (Dilla's Diary) then a bunch of stuff happened and the ten were banned off planet. The Iron Lions guard against their return in case they come back. Maybe they guard the portals in case the ten try to come through.

So then to speculate on my own speculation, they will eventually come through. Why? Because that's a path you can take in the game. You can become a guard and also it gives the Vek (orc astronomers) a story line. That's why they watch the heavens.

So now you're saying, "Wait, aren't we the ten? We're returning to Verra." I don't think so. I think we chased the ten away and we're coming home to celebrate and eat cake, but that will only last for a while until they regroup and come back.
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    edited April 2019
    sunfrog wrote: »
    I think she's talking about the story in Dillia's Diary but you did find something. I saw that tweet after I made my video yesterday. In my video I asked, "why does this armor protect against magic?" So here's what I think.

Verra was a happy place until the arrival of the ten (Dilla's Diary) then a bunch of stuff happened and the ten were banned off planet. The Iron Lions guard against their return in case they come back. Maybe they guard the portals in case the ten try to come through.

So then to speculate on my own speculation, they will eventually come through. Why? Because that's a path you can take in the game. You can become a guard and also it gives the Vek (orc astronomers) a story line. That's why they watch the heavens.

So now you're saying, "Wait, aren't we the ten? We're returning to Verra." I don't think so. I think we chased the ten away and we're coming home to celebrate and eat cake, but that will only last for a while until they regroup and come back.

Ummm...Idk what you're saying here.

I think you confused your lore.
    10 is the #of the original creator gods.
    the ancients created from the ten.
    3 is the # defectors who tried teaching the ancients about essence
    7 or The seven isthe current pantheon

16 is the # of harbingers aka lights seen in dillias diary

now, what I'm trying to connect is the comet and its correlation to the harbingers.

as someone mentioned above the harbingers could just be a precursor and as stated in dillias diary, her mother who was an Oracle said it was a sign of the gods something was coming.

whether or not that was a comet, is still speculation. Margret let that open.

We know that from the time of dillias diary and this new blog verra was decimated, apoc occured and people have returned through the gates and formed factions such as the iron lion.

As to why they need armor to protect against magic, one reason could be that in order to traverse this new world they had to be protected since they came from a world without magic and had no idea what to expect.
    Also, they need protection while in battle or just scouting. practical reasons in this new world of magic. Part of the reason the order studies new magics.

sorry if missed or misspoke here, I'm writing on mobile and really fast lol