Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What bugged me about the latest interviews

Hi, i was watching all the streams that got blessed by Steven and his willingness to answer all kind of community questions. Talking about Dungeon Crawler Network, Paradox Gaming Network, Simurgh and The Golden Feather. I really enjoyed most of it and maybe I am the only person thinking this way but there were problems especially in production quality and communication etiquette. I don't want say it happened equally frequent in all streams but i guess i want to mention every content creator considering their influence.

Don't take the following as critique but as feedback, I would be happy to admit that I am wrong but only as as soon as you make me believe that, so argue away.

Ok I am talking about mostly i guess production quality that results in communication faux pas.
Typing (audible annoying),
Mouse clicking (are you playing !osu or what is going on there, also audible annoying)

Of course some people are not annoyed by that but for me it is the equivalent of a group of people in real life, person A is asking person B a question and as soon as person B starts answering the question person A starts typing on their phones (with typing sounds enabled).
Maybe I am old fashioned and to sensitive but in real life i would really be offended and i cant say that Steven is annoyed by that but i am.
Yes I know not everyone can buy a great microphone and nor do i say that you can't listen and understand everything while typing but you also wouldn't take every chance to offend human being. There is a second way to talk in voice chats.

And as I stated maybe I am just the only person annoyed by that and nitpicking here but it is something that always bothers me when i interact with people in Discord or any voice chat.

At last, thank you content creators for doing this informational work, I wouldn't be able to do your job. I am sure you guys are the entrance for many people to find out about the game that is Ashes of Creation. That means please don't stop doing what you are doing.

Thanks for reading
Grüße
MattTheMom
dmkw

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Your irl group ettiquette does not really apply to online streaming etiquette.

There are times when hosts need to respond to chat and/or look up info in order to respond later to something that was mentioned in the discussion. Sometimes, it's necessary to type in order to adjust stream settings.

Hosts don't always have to listen to the answer in real time - sometimes the answers are more for the viewers than the host(s)... and the hosts can listen to the answers later while editing or rewatching the interview.

Hosts typically do attempt to keep extraneous sounds to a minimum, though.
    And, always helps to get feedback from viewers!!
  • Options
    I see your point that i shouldn't put my irl etiquette onto an online room but i think the format was more like an interview panel with pre gathered questions from chat, less a stream per se. Considering the fact their questions got gathered beforehand and all of them are familiar with managing a podcast format (actually not sure if it is the case for The Golden Feather, didn't follow their content to much).

And even if there is a need to manage the community or type something w/e, just mute yourself. All eyes are on Steven anyway when he answers a question. It just feels so unnecessary.

Ty for the second perspective.
    dmkw
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If it was the intrepid live stream the I would agree but as these are just content creators I did not expect the same "layout" as usual
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    seaberseaber Member, Intrepid Pack
    Dygz wrote: »
    There are times when hosts need to respond to chat and/or look up info in order to respond later to something that was mentioned in the discussion. Sometimes, it's necessary to type in order to adjust stream settings.!

they can easily mute their mic or use push to talk tho
    Legendary Healer
    Invincible Tank
    Unrivalled Dps
    Queen of Growlgate
    Kraken Tamer
    Super Cutie
    H8 me cuz u ain't me
  • Options
    Seaber wrote: »
    There are times when hosts need to respond to chat and/or look up info in order to respond later to something that was mentioned in the discussion. Sometimes, it's necessary to type in order to adjust stream settings.!

I have to agree. when you have a guess like steven it would be nice to use push to talk
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    i agree on the typing part :P that was so unnecessary
    Signature-member.gif?ex=66155d75&is=6602e875&hm=3bfff7a9230240f48915fa417b4dc30b967860cdecfbbdf088f3d3b302a06bdd&
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    Seaber wrote: »

I have to agree. when you have a guess like steven it would be nice to use push to talk

guest ;)
  • Options
    I agree it would be nice, but life is not perfect.
    First world problem. Annoying things happen.
    Viewer feedback also is nice.
  • Options
    I agree it would be nice, but life is not perfect.
    First world problem. Annoying things happen.
    Viewer feedback also is nice.

its nice to see you again @Dygz ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    edited April 2019
    <3
    This month, on Mondays and Wednesdays I have 4.5 hours of dance class and 2 hours of rehearsal (10PM -midnight). In addition to my day job.
    That started just in time for forums to come back online!! - I have mostly been sleeping in my spare time.
    I need to catch up on forum posts!!

Great to see everyone here, again!
  • Options
    <3
    This month, on Mondays and Wednesdays I have 4.5 hours of dance class and 2 hours of rehearsal (10PM -midnight). In addition to my day job.
    That started just in time for forums to come back online!! - I have mostly been sleeping in my spare time.

well its nice to have you back ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    <3

Welcome back man c: