Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alt guild sieges main guild to trigger cool down?

tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Hi,

It seems like the smart play if you want to make sure you can continue to grow your node without worrying about deleveling is to have an alt guild/node that you control siege your main node to trigger the cool down timer. Then, when the master node is large enough, it sieges and consumes the alt guild/node. Why won't that work?

-tug

Virtue is the only good.

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    We all know the big guilds are going to find loopholes the hope I have is that intrepid step up and stop them from taking to many liberties
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is something I've also thought about but I think it might just wasting resources and giving anyone who wants to attack you a free siege. If I remember correctly, individuals start node sieges and then people are able to join them. I'm not sure though on the rules of joining the siege. If there is a limit on how many people can participate in a node siege, I could see you using the alt guild to fill in the attacker slots so no one else can join.
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    tugowar wrote: »
    Hi,

It seems like the smart play if you want to make sure you can continue to grow your node without worrying about deleveling is to have an alt guild/node that you control siege your main node to trigger the cool down timer. Then, when the master node is large enough, it sieges and consumes the alt guild/node. Why won't that work?

-tug

Couple of problems here

1) Anyone can join a siege
    2) A node can be involved in more than 1 War at time
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Also, doesn't it require a pool of resources equivalent to the nodes resources to instigate a siege?
    At that point you would pretty much be maintaining one zone, equivalent to the other, just to battle them.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    We all know the big guilds are going to find loopholes the hope I have is that intrepid step up and stop them from taking to many liberties

We can always throw your army at them c:
  • Options
    Autumnleaf wrote: »

I want to have fun not a bloodbath. that's happening at 8pm
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think with the amount of resources needed to declare a siege it may be too prohibitive to keep doing this. Does need to be tested through the Alphas for sure.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options

Ah fun...and here I thought you lack any emotions ?
  • Options

why would you think that. I have emotions they just.... differ from others
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

Bone man you are just a contradiction, the dead usually don't feel anything yet here you are talking about having fun c:
  • Options

Bone man you are just a contradiction, the dead usually don't feel anything yet here you are talking about having fun c:

you should know im not a normal undead by now *sips tea*
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

you should know im not a normal undead by now *sips tea*

Yes...does not exempt you completely from the nature of the dead though now does it ? Well you are an anomaly in and of itself c: