Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Do you think a raid or dungeons should be locked after chain quest or not? and why?

some games have its contents like raids and dungeons locked after some quests or achievements while others make them accessible on a certain level.
I was wondering what all of you think about this topic

Comments

• Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like it, and dislike it at the same time. If I am able to get into the action and perform in a raid that late comers will only hear stories about, that's nice. If I am late and never get the chance, that is sad. I think, as far as Ashes goes, there will be a nice mix determined by nodes and what not.

For me it doesn't make sense that a raid boss would be around for more than a few years if multiple groups go in and take them out. I mean it's an MMO so some of that has to be chalked up to suspension of belief to play, but maintaining the same raid boss for years on a server is odd.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I've like attunement quests in games but I'd prefer more of a soft requirement system that doesn't hard lock people out of content. Instead, I'd like a system that encourages them to meet some requirements before doing certain kinds of content. An Example would be before you kill the fire dragon, you should make yourself some special fire resist points. You can still go try to fight the dragon but if you don't have the potions, things are going to have a bad time. Maybe to defeat a certain lich, you can't do a lot of damage unless you find some unique holy symbol that is attained by doing a quest.
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think the devs said once that some dungones wont appear unless something specific happens during the growth of a node, dont take my word for it though but I guess that would be similar c: ?
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Maybe a few could be but as for all of them I would have to say no
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2019
    I think that some raids and dungeons should be locked behind node progression (the good and high level ones), and not behind personnal quests or atunements. That would be a huge incentive for high level players to actually prtect the nodes (because if the node falls then they had no access to the dungeon/raid)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    While I am actually a fan of attunements for raid and dungeon content I am not so sure it would be all that applicable for Ashes. Many of the raids and dungeons may only be around for a relatively short period of time as nodes level/delevel. They may also change and evolve depending on what racial type the node is thus effecting drop tables mob types and who knows what other variables. So an attunement would take away the opportunity for some to participate in the content before it could possibly vanish for some considerable time.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    StariusStarius Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I agree that it should be locked behind Node progression. That way there is a since of accomplishment and belonging. The game doesn't sound like it be the average run quest to progress game as quest are tied to to node system. So it would make since to have Raids tied to the node system. If you don't progress that node then you don't progress much in the game which gives incentive to form a functioning community in the long run.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ashes raids and dungeons are supposed to mostly be open world, so...
    It's not really a matter of being locked - instead, they should dynamically be filled with different content.
    Rather than remaining static.
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    mytherios wrote: »
    some games have its contents like raids and dungeons locked after some quests or achievements while others make them accessible on a certain level.
    I was wondering what all of you think about this topic

Honestly depends on the game.

For the way they want to do Ashes, no it would not fit.

But the mechanic itself, I do like it when it fits.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    I like attunement quests that are required to unlock dungeons; it's a meaningful way to tie lore to major content.

Don't like the idea of locking dungeons to levels...let players explore wherever they want and learn (the hard way) what they can or can't do.