Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

GoT - This thread has spoilers

Comments

• Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    [

I think he will cause a time paradox and go back in time after everyone dies and become bran the builder

Wouldn't there be more ramps in Winterfell then?

Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Karthos wrote: »
    [

I think he will cause a time paradox and go back in time after everyone dies and become bran the builder

Wouldn't there be more ramps in Winterfell then?

hahaha

lets just hope he builds a better wall
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I was hoping his first line when Jamie saw Bran sitting in the wheelchair in the courtyard would be , “ can you give me a push? “

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    I just saw an HBO ad for Game of Thrones where tyrion Lannister is sitting on the throne

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    tugowar wrote: »
    I was hoping his first line when Jamie saw Bran sitting in the wheelchair in the courtyard would be , “ can you give me a push? “

That would have been so good. But with bran being quiet since he became a demigod. I think hes going to be super chill when the night king shoves the spear through his spine. But will probably say something mystical "Humanity wont die with me night king you may be able to douse the flame but the warmth of humanity will remain until the fire ignites again"
  • Options
    KryKry Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    did anyone notice Ghost magically appeared next to jon? and that was it.
  • Options
    Rockwell wrote: »

He is still a good boy
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Rockwell wrote: »

He is still a good boy

Yeah Ghost was just not present for season 7. I was actually really looking forward to a moment with the dragons but in reverse. Jon would have said "Ghost is a friend of mine that I know will weather any storm with me ever since he was a pup." or something else inspirational about Ghost. It would have been a really great moment he could have mentioned the time Ghost fought those wildlings.
  • Options
    Ghost will always be better than the dragons
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    BULLSHIT!!!!!
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Where in the actual flying fuck did she come from!
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    mirgmirg Member
    edited April 2019
    Yeah, Arya just randomly dropping in from the sky and stabbing the Ice King, thus ending white walkers was a pretty big as-pull on the writers part. Then comes the camera work in the episode, lots of shaking and motion blur. I even had a hard time telling what I was looking at for most of the large battle scenes in the episode.
  • Options
    He had won but nope here is super arya who can now fly to save the day.

nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Gods you have no idea how mad I am. I would expect this from Lord of the rings but to game of thrones.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    edited April 2019
    1. Why weren't the women and children booking it south weeks ago if everyone knew they were going to lose?
    2. Why are you sending a Calvary charge against an unseen and unknown enemy
    3. why didn't we just start with a wall defense? The archers on the walls barely fired...
    4. wtf is this blizzard
    5. Why can the white walker survive dragon flame?
    6. Why does it apparently cost nothing to raise wights?
    7. Why would Dany land her dragon...
    8. Other than spraying some fire, these dragons seemed kind of impotent against 1 wight dragon...
    9. what just happened to the red lady... I kind of would have like to have seen her take up the mantle of night queen.

Totally saw that crypt scene coming.

Quite a few main characters made it through... I guess we're going to have a 20 year franchise after all...

Also, Cersei seems like less of a final boss than the night king. Weird sequence.

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I like the episode a lot but there were some issues and I thought 3 times as many characters would die. Like grayworm arya Sam grayworms girlfriend Davos pretty much everyone that isn't like super relevant to Cersei.

And nagash I do admit I thought she would come down from the tree. But then I thought about it and while she is a master assassin so maybe she snuck past all those white walkers Maybe. She was being pretty sneaky in that Library.

It's also a little weird that we're going to get two episodes of buildup and one of battle about the night King and three episodes about Cersei. I just would have thought the night king would have gotten the more time he seemed like the bigger threat. Zombies just seem more threatening than Mean Girls. :D

Another thing is that Jon and Dany being the heroes was too obvious according to the show writers. But it still feels kind of disappointing and/or Hollow and not quite what I wanted. To have all that prophecy and expectation and everything with John and the night King coming up short. I mean the only thing John has been about is fighting the night King. And then as people on Twitter keep saying all he did was scream at a dragon. There are so many theories people thought John was the night King people thought he was azor (legendary hero who killed the white walkers thousands of years ago) people really wanted One V one with the night King. Among other theories varying in believability.

Also in response to some of tugowar points
    Dude I don't know why she landed the dragon either it was dumb. Also I didn't know why she didn't Fly Away really fast. Like save Jon then move but then she got swarmed. I thought the dragon would die there.

I guess it would make more sense for the women and children to leave. But I guess you can look at it as if they lose here they're dead anyway. I guess they could have gone East or something. Because I mean there are other armies that could fight. The books talk of a long night lasting a generation in battle against the night King. So while the Battle of Winterfell would be a crushing defeat it's not exactly over.

As for the night King surviving fire. I don't know he is a pretty powerful person. The embodiment of death itself. And some people speculate he may be a Targaryen because he can survive. I kind of thought him surviving fire would be too easy of a death. But it makes me think again beating the night King seems too easy. I was so sure like at least five or characters would die.

I think the night King was making the blizzard or the white walkers. I think it's been referenced or said that they can make snow storms with their presence. I'm not too sure about that though.

You having multiple walls of fire would have been a better idea. But that makes me think about the show's budget maybe that wasn't in it. But then again this episode had a lot of extras and cgi so who knows. When I find about more firewalls I just thought about budget.

The Dothraki dying so fast made no sense. They seem to just evaporate in the face of the enemy. Like if they died that fast so should the rest of the army. But they held out way longer. Also it was anyone else confused about how many men the living had. Because like it seemed like everyone was dead and like literally the whole Army is dead but if that's true how will they fight Cersei. I really feel like they needed a hundred thousand more extras but that just wasn't in the budget. Like I think Daenerys said at one time she had 1000000 Dothraki.

But I suppose the last thing I have to say is "We are not a large house we are a proud house"
    Bonus points if you know who said this.
    Lyanna Mormont
  • Options
    beardobeardo Member, Intrepid Pack
    The TV series is done for me.. they are too busy trying to use strong well made characters to wow an audience that they have forgotten everything about the actual story a song of fire and ice.. They forced Arya into a role she was never suppose to fit in by killing the Night King and as a result made everything about the world in the story pretty much meaningless. All the prophecies about the Azor Ahai was wrong and it is one of the biggest most repeated prophecies. So Prince Rhaegar’s whole life purpose was unnecessary meaning he never had to make 3 children (Jon Snow) for the three heads of the dragon, so he wouldn’t have to leave his sickly wife (because she couldn’t have another child) for Lyana Stark and basically cause Roberts Rebellion and the Game of Thrones in the first place.. All the red priest were wrong and pointless (Which makes the red woman killing herself at the end understandable because it was all for nothing).. Every clue and prophecy was cheated in this episode to make a unlikely hero girl. The list goes on. All the books was leading up to the person who would end up being the one who brought about the end of the long night. The book is littered with parallels and repeated history and this came from nowhere.. hopefully the books don’t go in this direction. This last season is just going to be about forcing characters into plot points to make the most liked characters have a great ending instead of the The Song of Fire and Ice..
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Guess I’ll just have to wait for the books ending because I hate this ending so much.. 10-20 years from now I maybe happy again. I hope GRRM kills Arya in the book as she was foreshadowed by Jon Snow. She use to be my favorite character. The show ruined her for me.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    All I'm reading online today is "this didn't follow the plot I wanted, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

People need to get over themselves.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    All I'm reading online today is "this didn't follow the plot I wanted, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

I would be fine if she did kill him but its how she did it that annoyed me
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

It didn’t follow any good plot is why I’m annoyed. You get told for 7 seasons “Winter is Coming” and then on the 8th season it’s all “WINTER IS H- dead.” Besides what did humanity make the internet for if not to complain about everything.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
      • Wow Sansa kept that promise for all of 5 seconds
      • cant believe Jamie went all like "I'm in love with the devil but i'm one to" that he had officially become a respectable person but maybe he will kill Cersei
      • The dragons got nerfed super hard since as Bronn said "with dragons she will win hands down" I thought the dragon death was a dream sequence. Its really annoying when you see characters face way more dangerous circumstances and then die to lower ones. like the dragons survive the demon zombie apocalypse that also had a dragon zombie and they didn't die. Also why is Daenerys being dumb?
      • Daenerys: I want my throne
        Sansa: But the army is tired and they will fight better if......
        Daenerys: BUT I WANT IT NOW!!!!!
      • btw are we really going to have a harder time killing a mean girl like cersei than literally the embodiment of death. The creature who almost ended mankind. The creature who brought a long night that lasted a generation. I mean all he did was kill 5ish characters 2 of which I dont think any cared about(ed,Qhono)
      • Why would he give ghost away didn't he find him south of the wall?
      • What do we do with bran now?
      • Also she got ambushed by euron again. lol (remember when he took yara greyjoy)
      • Also I knew grey worm or his girlfriend had to die. I mean they both said before the battle lets be happy in narth. And according to tv tropes now one of them has to die since they said they wanted to live happy ever after. :p
      • Who else liked that bronn scene it was interesting. :)
    1. Options
        • Wow Sansa kept that promise for all of 5 seconds
        • cant believe Jamie went all like "I'm in love with the devil but i'm one to" that he had officially become a respectable person but maybe he will kill Cersei
        • The dragons got nerfed super hard since as Bronn said "with dragons she will win hands down" I thought the dragon death was a dream sequence. Its really annoying when you see characters face way more dangerous circumstances and then die to lower ones. like the dragons survive the demon zombie apocalypse that also had a dragon zombie and they didn't die. Also why is Daenerys being dumb?
        • Daenerys: I want my throne
          Sansa: But the army are tired and they will fight better if......
          Daenerys: BUT I WANT IT NOW!!!!!
        • btw are we really going to have a harder time killing a mean girl like cersei than literally the embodiment of death. The creature who almost ended mankind. The creature who brought a long night that lasted a generation. I mean all he did was kill 5ish characters 2 of which I dont think any cared about(ed,Qhono)
        • Why would he give ghost away didn't he find him south of the wall?
        • What do we do with bran now?
        • Also she got ambushed by euron again. lol (remember when he took yara greyjoy)
        • Also I knew grey worm or his girlfriend had to die. I mean they both said before the battle lets be happy in narth. And according to tv tropes now one of them has to die since they said they wanted to live happy ever after. :p
        • Who else liked that bronn scene it was interesting. :)
        • Sansa learned that from Littlefinger. If you hate someone (i dont think she likes Danny) create chaos lol
        • It would seem right that Jamie would kill her.. I don't think that he is going back to Cersei's side.. He has always been hated for doing the right thing though so maybe he doesnt change.
        • I felt bad when I saw the dragon die. The whole tactic of going to dragonstone in the first place was terrible.. The writers dont know what strategy is.. I feel like Rheagon should have stayed with Jon's army and instead of splitting their super weak army they should have went down the King's road together.
        • I mean Walter Frey killed more important people than the Night King at the red wedding lol.. Soo there is that lol
        • That actually made me angry.. Jon warged Ghost.. part of Ghost is in Jon and part of Jon is in Ghost.. Casting aside Ghost doesnt make any sense. I hated this part the most.
        • Bran will just be that creepy tree man that lives in Winterfell lol
        • It felt bad to see her die.. they were the 2 I wanted to see survive.. Her last words too didnt fit.. People from Narth dont fight back even when getting attacked they are a very peaceful people why would she cry to burn everyone lol. It does however mean Greyworm doesnt have to go to Narth and die from butterflies though lol which is what protects the people from Narth from being attacked since they are so peaceful lol.
        • I love Bronn. I knew he wouldnt just try and kill them. He is out for himself as always.. Highgarden though? He should doubt that offer. Didnt his last castle get taken from him? I would have killed them both Highgarden is way in over his head for what keeping them alive?
      1. Options
        edited May 2019
        Jon never really wargged into Ghost in the show. That was a garbage fan theory from Reddit about how he was resurrected.

Aq0KG2f.png
      2. Options
        I did like seeing the ballistas tearing apart the fleet
        nJ0vUSm.gif

3. Options

I'm hoping I can do this in Ashes.

That and shoot the Mayor's Dragon mount
        Aq0KG2f.png
      4. Options

I'm hoping I can do this in Ashes.

That and shoot the Mayor's Dragon mount

haha now that I would pay to see. hundreds of ballistas all aiming for a mayor :smiley:
        nJ0vUSm.gif

5. Options
        edited May 2019
        558a46c7d1d20675976485d034e17f70.png
        Just found this gem on reddit.
      6. Options
        I just had a chance to watch this. You don’t know how hard it has been to ignore your notifications.

I’m trying to reserve judgment until the season is over, but it definitely feels like the epic is gone, now it is just any other story. George RR was willing to break story telling rules; these writers are not.

Virtue is the only good.
      7. Options
        I'm just watching to see the end, this show has been trash for at least a season, no character development, budget constraints, and the showrunners have not had their minds on the show trying to move on to Star Wars.