Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

GoT - This thread has spoilers

13»

Comments

• Options
    KumaryKumary Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Karthos wrote: »
    Jon never really wargged into Ghost in the show. That was a garbage fan theory from Reddit about how he was resurrected.

I was sad Jon had zero interaction with Ghost...not even a pat on the head or good boy when he was leaving and told Tormund to take Ghost with him.
    5b72df90d96c187ed7e6c2f181b8322e.png
    Stormborn Discord: Join Here
    My AoC Referral: Click Here
  • Options
    KumaryKumary Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    beardo wrote: »
    Karthos wrote: »
    All I'm reading online today is "this didn't follow the plot I wanted, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

People need to get over themselves.

It didn’t follow any good plot is why I’m annoyed. You get told for 7 seasons “Winter is Coming” and then on the 8th season it’s all “WINTER IS H- dead.” Besides what did humanity make the internet for if not to complain about everything.

I agree, the tension put on how Winter is coming and how deadly the Night King is, felt a little flat. Overall I did like the battle just wished Jon and the NK did try to battle at least and when the NK felt he was losing to then rise the dead and continue his journey to Bran. Also where Jon is with the dragon when he screamed at it, would have been nice if he killed it... but nothing we can do the episode is done and gone and we just have to see how this next battle with Cersei is gonna be...just hope Drogon doesnt die.
    5b72df90d96c187ed7e6c2f181b8322e.png
    Stormborn Discord: Join Here
    My AoC Referral: Click Here
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    so final question. who will win?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don’t know if I even care anymore

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    tugowar wrote: »
    I don’t know if I even care anymore

haha yeah I feel the same really
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    LotekArcLotekArc Member
    edited May 2019
    When I see Deanerys mindlessness and Jon Snow's submission - more and more my sympathy tends to the rational Cersei. If it was a deliberate effect, then congratulations to the screenwriters (who write terrible scenarios anyway, all got hit after they do not use Martin's books). The great battle in episode three is a joke, the whole shot in a Low-key lighting, very few bright contrasting elements (it was done well in the Godfather, it was also shot in a Low-key lighting). The director prepared a battle for cinema screens, they did not think about the fact that the episode will be watched via stream and dark places will be compressed (the algorithm recognizes the dark places as not important enough and lowers their quality, in this episode everything was dark).
    I like Cersei ballista very much, it gives me an unexpected twist. However, if I am to be honest, I am disappointed with the whole, dialogues are also weak. If the first season was created in this way and these people, the second season would never have been created. I hope the next "great battle" will be really great.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5121036
  • Options
    LotekArc wrote: »
    I hope the next "great battle" will be really great.

Uninspired.

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    caedwyncaedwyn Member
    i didnt like how cersei died tbh ... i was looking forward to her death scene but it was such a bummer for me.
    also got upset on how a man who has seen so many kings and queens as varys would just die like that.

i do not oppose on how Deanerys handled the siege tho, i personally would annihilate my enemy's seat of power with every follower in it ... literally, uproot its very existence as much as i can. she has been pushed so far tho mentally, and when someone with that much power feels alone and betrayed... usually it will end in the said person becoming a so-called "tyrant" in other people's dictionary
  • Options
    I’m wondering if she is actually dead. I could see them saying that she dug out, and that somehow Jaime didn’t die from his multiple, untreatable stab + crushing wounds...

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    The battle was well done I have to say. The best part for me was seeing jon turn and seeing what Deanerys is
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    ef510108a799d905abbfd02df0888474.jpg
    Reddit can be such a nice place.

Oh and I have so many feelings about this episode but that would take a hour or two to type. So what I will say is why did the accuracy of the scorpions go down by like a thousand. And Anyone else think Dany went mad a little to fast. Like I'm okay with it happening I just think it needed a little more foreshadowing and better execution. I've heard some say online that we should have seen this coming since she has been smiling as she burns people for ages. But my response to that is remember when Sansa fed a man to dogs and smiled. I don't think anyone thought Sansa was going mad. She was just doing what everyone on GOT does wade into murky waters for reasons they believe are necessary. Some have a harder time than others. Dany seemed to be one to have a harder time. Like just last season she could have had the throne right away. She had 3 dragons and an army that was around 3 times larger than Cersei. But she said no because I don't want everyone in the city to die.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    beardobeardo Member, Intrepid Pack
    tugowar wrote: »
    I’m wondering if she is actually dead. I could see them saying that she dug out, and that somehow Jaime didn’t die from his multiple, untreatable stab + crushing wounds...

I wouldn’t be surprised after watching Arya die and comeback 5x in half an episode lol.
  • Options
    If they would have shot at her with a hidden ballista when the bells were ringing it would have been way more understanding. It’s in Cersei’s character to do that and it would make Danny snapping much more understandable. My only hope is that they announce The Winds of Winter release after the last episode lol.
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well now I know I won't have to waste time reading the news books because I know it's ends like garbage
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    caedwyncaedwyn Member
    is anyone else furious and broken with that HORRID ending?
  • Options
    caedwyncaedwyn Member
    beardo wrote: »
    If they would have shot at her with a hidden ballista when the bells were ringing it would have been way more understanding. It’s in Cersei’s character to do that and it would make Danny snapping much more understandable. My only hope is that they announce The Winds of Winter release after the last episode lol.

yeah, i was waiting for a hidden ballista to shoot right when bells were ringing!
    but i guess they just wanted to fast forward to the end
  • Options
    I too am disappointed in the lack of cleverness in Cersei’s ending. Hidden ballista like you’re saying. What is up with the bale fire going off with zero mention of it?

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • Options
    PurityPurity Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2019
      PROJECT ANVIL - Forge Your Legacy [OCE/Hardcore/PvX]
      Recruitment Status: Open
    • Options
      Brienne closing the book before the ink was dry was a metaphor for the entire season. Best comment on the last episode I've seen so far lol.
    • Options
      I'm not some great seer, but if you came in late like I did and had to binge to catch up then you would see that everything went downhill after season 1. A season was wasted in Dorn, because a majority white audience didn't care about a bunch of brown skinned people.

Dany wasted how many season in Essos before she decided to get to work? If she had marched on King's Landing right off the boat, Cersi, Jaime, Bron, Gregor and who know how many more would be dead or in chains, before Dany even knew there was a Jon Snow?

There are so many things that would have gone different if first HBO hadn't greenlit that stupid Confederate show so dnd didn't have to concentrate on GoT as much and Disney hadn't given those 2 assholes 3 Star Wars movies, once that happened a blind person could see that dnd was going to mail in the last season.