Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will we ever see other server regions?

Hi folks!
My name is Nabo and I am from Brazil.
I am a proud 150$ Kickstarter backer and I really se a lot of potencial in this game and am so eager to play it!
I have sharred this passion for Ashes with eveyone i know and all of them were amazed by it but despised the idea of playing with high ping.
Brazil deserves an MMORPG like this one and it has been asking for it for generations! But since we hardly ever get support from gaming companies, that MMORPG dream is long burried, making a lot of the MMO's enthusiasts end their search for it.
Please Intrepid, I am begging you guys to consider making South American servers!
I understand that it may not seem lucrative at first, but please give the research a try!

Thanks for reading this, I really appreciate it!

Comments

• Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As a player from NA, I too would love to see South American servers. I support your cause brother.

But for now, the regions listed are the regions that will exist at launch.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I dont see, why South America should not get a server, when oceania gets a server ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    I hope you'll get a server~! You guys really deserve one
    Poko.png
  • Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Nabo, you point out a very desercing region and the first big MMO that gets in there can potentially bank for years.

Hopefully you guys eventually get a server, good luck!
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    yeah our dear south america always gets neglected. some MMOs go as far as to IP block us like BDO did until recently.
    2PXdm1m
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Intrepid better be listening, it sucks not having a server in your region so if the demand is there they will probably get it done.
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Intrepid has already said if there is demand for a server in a region, they will pursue opening one in that region.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Nabo as has been stated by the above poster it has been said by Steven many times that if there is enough interest in AOC in a specific area they will consider setting up local servers. So I suggest you spread the word as much as you possibly can to pull in more players every little bit helps.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    Usually my main problem with SA servers is translation. I usually don't enjoy them, they are never like the original content and SA is a bit complex, because many translate to Spanish instead of Castilian Spanish, and it's a huge difference.
    So imagine a studio having to translate for both SA & Spain!

And despite the lower ping, you also have Brazil (which is huge, but don't speak Spanish) and all the other countries; so how many servers do you open?

Finally, I always wonder if SA is mature enough to have a thriving Community.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    I dont see, why South America should not get a server, when oceania gets a server ;D

The reason why OCE is getting a server is the level of backing that was generated during Kickstarter and since. They know exactly where people who have purchased packages are from, and the OCE region had a disproportionate amount compared to others.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think posts like this show there is interest in the region.

Unless you mean people should preorder the game and show interest by paying up which is not likely to happen. In south America people don't have that preorder culture you see in USA and EU.
    2PXdm1m
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Santy182 It is good that that culture is slowly dieing out, due to EA and the other major corporations. We were too often burned to just go and preorder a game. The only game i now have preordered is AoC and Star Citizen and that will stay this way! :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The more people who show they want a server the better your chances are to get a server for your region
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    I agree! It's just fair. Every one deserves a decent ping... pls grant them some love and support. South America for Server President!

Best regards
    Ibarumarky
    - The Dark Wanderer -
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I know what it is like to play on high ping and its not fun when the game is so unresponsive compared to the others you play against. I played SWOTOR at release on US-based servers the usual 300+ ms but after a while, they actually put in AU-based servers and going from 300+ms to 70+ ms is like night and day. This might sound a little ridiculous to those who have not experienced it but honestly, it is like playing a different game suddenly there is a whole new level of responsiveness that was just not there before.

Yes AOC will have AU OCE servers it is one of the many reasons I have been following this game, though I have to admit I do worry if there will be the population to maintain these servers, I do hope there will be. I hope other regions can get the number to justify local servers.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.