Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which MMORPG do you play constantly and actually enjoy?

Since MMORPGs are a big investment, there are few that could be considered 'decent'. Which MMO is 'the one' for you?
signature.png

Comments

• Options
    MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    I use to play TERA online and Elder Scrolls Online but I dropped TERA and have been playing ESO for 5 years now. I'll drop it once AOC launches.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    FFXIV
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    makinoji wrote: »
    I use to play TERA online and Elder Scrolls Online but I dropped TERA and have been playing ESO for 5 years now. I'll drop it once AOC launches.

@makinoji TERA is a fine game while ESO is on my top 3 MMORPGs list. Good choices 🙂
    signature.png
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »
    FFXIV

@Nagash ah didn't expect that since necromancers don't exist as a class in FFXIV 😅 It's a decent game tho very similar to WoW in terms of gameplay.

signature.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    I haven't ever played one yet >.> pretty excited for ashes. <3
    Poko.png
  • Options
    kayra wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    FFXIV

@Nagash ah didn't expect that since necromancers don't exist as a class in FFXIV 😅 It's a decent game tho very similar to WoW in terms of gameplay.

I like the world and lore of FFXIV plus I hate WoW
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Well I used to play WoW quite a bit. Stopped playing it as I did not enjoy the new expansion. Can't bring myself to go back and try it out even with the new patch coming out soon.

Currently not playing any MMORPGs and most likely won't be again until Ashes comes out. I'm just playing through old RPG games until then.
    "If you lose sight of something, the only person who can find it again is you"
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Stopped playing WoW october 2018... now i dont know what to do with my fŕee time... maybe i start climbing league of legends again after i get it back (my acciunt got hacked)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    nayukhuutnayukhuut Member, Braver of Worlds
    edited April 2019
    I play WoW constantly, but I would be hardpressed to say that I enjoy it. I stick around basically because my guild is there, and there are so few games with constant raid content. I know I'm a relic of the past, but I LIKE the 20 man raid type encounters.

Beyond that, the few (not so few) I've loved in the past have been things like EQ2, Wildstar, Ryzom, Secret World, Istaria, Rift, ESO, and even GW2 at times. I love these all for different reasons, as I think they've all done some things brilliantly that others may not have. For instance, the mounts in GW2 are some of the best and most enjoyable I've seen in any game. I love the crafting in Istaria and Ryzom. I love that you can play Dragons in Istaria. I love the weather and season system from Ryzom, as well as the monster AI that the game has. I loved the housing in EQ2, Wildstar, Rift, and even ESO. I loved how immersive EQ2 felt at times. Rift was the first game I raided in, so it will always have a place in my heart, and Wildstar... Oh Wildstar. Poor game was brilliant, but badly handled. I liked the lore, the sarcasm, and the raids are some of the best I'd ever done. Secret World I enjoyed for the ambiance and the story. I liked the investigation missions there. Actually, all of the games I listed up there have had stories I rather enjoyed. :)
    Empyrean Mage/Cleric, and lover of all things lore related.
  • Options
    @Nayukhuut Wildstar...It was such a delight to play that game. I believe most of the people here do play an MMORPG not because they really enjoy it but because there isn't anything else to play. As you mentioned each of those games have some great features. What we can hope is that Ashes will have all of the best features of decent MMOs combined in one game and create the ultimate MMORPG :)
    signature.png
  • Options
    sivannasivanna Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    I’ve played WoW since a few months after it’s launch. I often take looong breaks (many months) and only get back to it when my guild friends need raiders when attendance drops. I use gold for play time and they offer donations if it means they can progress. I love my friends!

But I love FFXIV more. I like that it feels like one of my favorite RPGs. And eveyone I’ve met on there have been nice.
  • Options
    JjampongJjampong Member
    edited April 2019
    Atm none. Although not sure if it could be called that, KurtzPel is on my radar as the best that's going in early access soon.
    Signature-Community-Coordinator.gif?ex=6602ea67&is=65f07567&hm=5ccf436d8d607f426cbddd409428e9c1bd5395aba12fe34a1546a571791e2af1&=
    [EU] Hand of Unity | PVX | Semi-Hardcore/Hardcore | Family
    We are still recruiting. Come and have a chat with us at our Discord!
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    kayra wrote: »
    @Nayukhuut Wildstar...It was such a delight to play that game. I believe most of the people here do play an MMORPG not because they really enjoy it but because there isn't anything else to play. As you mentioned each of those games have some great features. What we can hope is that Ashes will have all of the best features of decent MMOs combined in one game and create the ultimate MMORPG :)

WoW should in my opinion choose a gracefull death, instead of slipping into the coma that will lead to its ultimate demise. I know it is a gigantic cashcow, but the MMORPG genre needs the space, that WoW takes up, to flourish.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Alpha SoulAlpha Soul Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There's a lot of good MMO's out there, but I've just played them enough where replayability isn't there anymore.

WoW - Played it for 7/8 years or so.
    ESO - Played it for like 4/5 years
    SWTOR - Off and on since launch, but imo the best story in an MMO, playing through all classes storylines was very enjoyable. TBH though, I wouldn't REALLY call it an MMO.
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    makinoji wrote: »

Yes, it will be ESO for me until AOC launches though have honestly have been ready to move on from ESO for a couple of years but with a lack of anything apart from AOC grabbing my interest. My guildmates do make ESO somewhat fun still.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Currently playing and enjoying FF14 very much.
    2PXdm1m
  • Options
    None anymore. I am waiting few upcoming games though. My Top4 has been:

1. WoW
    2. Albion Online
    3. Runescape
    4. TERA

Top4 I am following:

1. Fractured
    2. Ashes of Creation
    3. Camelot Unchained
    4. Oath
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm currently playing Conan Exiles, I have also enjoyed play a lot of ARK and Atlas for the past couple years.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Eve Online without a doubt, but I will assume you are really referring to fantasy MMO's.

Archeage had some really good systems and mechanics. Naval combat was a great experience, ruined a little by zerg guilds, but still it was the best fun i had in over a decade since the early days of Eve. It was a shame it was poisoned by P2W. Hopefully as Steven played and enjoyed Archeage he will bring those ideas to Ashes.

• Options
    JubilumJubilum Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    I have put significant time into WoW and Aion in the past 10 years but will never play either again. The one game that I have play faithfully for 11 years (paid subscription every month) is Eve Online. There has been periods where I haven't logged in for a month or two, but Eve is the only game that is able to pull me back in.

Eve offers so much more than any other MMO currently available There is just such a variety off content available that even after 11 years and close to 20k hours of play I have only scratched the surface. I was just looking at the Universe map the other day and realized that I have, after all the years and time I've put in I have explored less than 20% of the universe.

Even if AoC is good enough to become my primary game, I will still log into Eve regularly.

One of the things I enjoy most about Eve is showing new players the ropes, if anyone is interested in Eve but are scared off by the large learning curve give me a shout I should be able to flatten that curve out a bit for you.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    arzosah wrote: »
    I'm currently playing Conan Exiles, I have also enjoyed play a lot of ARK and Atlas for the past couple years.

Neither Conan Exiles nor ARK are MMORPGs. Atlas is the only MMO you listed.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The only MMORPG that I play with any kind of regularity is Secret World Legends (having a lifetime sub keeps me interested).

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    I'm currently playing ESO on weekends with my sister. Talking on skype while playing is how we catch up since I live in the midwest and she lives on the west coast.

Also I've been playing SWTOR since early access. So far I'm a founder and a legendary player. I love the class stories so I find myself going back and playing thru them again usually playing the other advanced class so the new character has a different play style. I also try to make some different choices in the story the 2nd time around. I still haven't managed to play an outright evil character though. o:)
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How has this thread gone this long without a mention of ArcheAge?

#Headstart2014
  • Options
    TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Which MMORPG i still play?
    None, because they are disappointing.
    If i was happy with other MMORPGs, then i wouldn't be here.
  • Options
    Teyloune wrote: »
    Which MMORPG i still play?
    None, because they are disappointing.
    If i was happy with other MMORPGs, then i wouldn't be here.

@Teyloune that was my point actually. But you see there are people here who actually constantly play and\or enjoy some other MMORPGs

signature.png
  • Options
    tinukeda wrote: »
    How has this thread gone this long without a mention of ArcheAge?

#Headstart2014

@noemad It's a fine game with some great features tho its popularity even among the MMO community is very low.
    signature.png
  • Options
    GodbrithilGodbrithil Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Alpha One
    Currently I'm playing Albion Online as a pastime - but it's nothing special. Anyway, all games are pure gap fillers until Ashes of Creation is released...
    unknown.png
  • Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Quited pwi afer many years of playing, currenly just some GW2 while waiting for ashes.
    Signature-member.gif?ex=66155d75&is=6602e875&hm=3bfff7a9230240f48915fa417b4dc30b967860cdecfbbdf088f3d3b302a06bdd&
  • Options
    I do miss age of reckoning
    nJ0vUSm.gif