Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What is your ultimate city that you want to see in Verra?

A grand Elven bastion of scientific inquiry laid out in a beautiful valley, a fabled Dwarven stronghold on the coast of a forgotten island where waves break upon its colossal walls, a marvel of human engineering around a river delta that facilitates trade from all over the world, or an orc sanctuary high in the mountains that trains the fiercest armies in the ancient disciplines of war.

What race + node type + location would you like to see for a metropolis?

E.g.
Human + economic + sprawling river delta

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tulnar bastion of science on an isolated island. LET THE DOOMROCKET PRODUCTION BEGINN!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A piratebay
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    I'd love to see what the Tulnar cities are going to be like c: That should be something super unique and amazing~ <3
    Poko.png
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    OH! I'd also wish there could be a city inside a large mountain, or on the side of it rather. That would be awesome~ !
    Poko.png
  • nayukhuutnayukhuut Member, Braver of Worlds
    I would love to see a Scientific themed Empyrean city. Either in a coastal forest, or a forest near a large river. :)
    Empyrean Mage/Cleric, and lover of all things lore related.
  • IbarumarkyIbarumarky Member
    edited April 2019
    I'm all in for a spooky forest with a small mountain, swamps, graveyards and a smaller sea. At a hillside there should be a human town and it's called darkshire ☠ Node Type: Divine

Best regards
    Ibarumarky
    - The Dark Wanderer -
  • DomaDoma Member
    Some really sketchy city that always looks like all criminals live there.
    Doma wrote: »
    Some really sketchy city that always looks like all criminals live there.
    This:
    ZjA0eNM.jpg
    Or more like this:
    WHF04_Stromdorf.png

a6XEiIf.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ibarumarky wrote: »
    I'm all in for a spooky forest with a small mountain, swamps, graveyards and a smaller sea. At a hillside there should be a human town and it's called darkshire ☠ Node Type: Divine

Best regards
    Ibarumarky
    - The Dark Wanderer -

Treasure hunters descended upon the city, vying with both mutated horrors that claimed the ruins as their own and crusading zealots who sought to prevent the taint from spreading. Inhuman creatures filtered into Mordheim, staking their own claims. An endless pilgrimage of the greedy and ambitious, fighting and dying in a place now called ‘The City of the Damned

WELCOME TO MORDHEIM

mordheim_by_undermound-d59wez0.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Oh YES! I love this kind of threads

I picture a large amount of things when you tell me places and villages in a fantasy setting.

the ones that come to mind are like for example.

for something on a river this:

19932026_1483129718397075_467615586554216448_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.cdninstagram.com
    though it might work better as a castle than a city

for a small village in the underrealm this:

Tiny-World-Fantasy-Art2.jpg

I also love the cramped feeling in cities like what you feel walking down the gothic town in Barcelona Spain, or Venice Italy.
    mJLqzb8.jpg
    peyop-malombre-1-8536f0a9-yex0.jpeg

2PXdm1m
    Witcher_3_Concept_Art_05.jpg

bram-sels-subterranean-city-boco.jpg?1443928929

3e4f98a25f816d716dd8ffbd7b2603c3.jpg

latest?cb=20170318165902

d80wm5k-a955f798-9904-4daf-b113-a23b70760911.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzU1YTk3NmZmLTc4ODYtNGVhMy04NWU2LTRjNTQ4OTdlMzRiZVwvZDgwd201ay1hOTU1Zjc5OC05OTA0LTRkYWYtYjExMy1hMjNiNzA3NjA5MTEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.h4TlsS9InGkx-1ebZmOpK20aBuUmWUfBdp3gSDDZ5rA

underground_by_xiaoxinart-d3do0ht.jpg

1465485030228914.jpg
    (This is an actual city in turkey btw!)

a3d.png

underground-city-2868-1920x1080.jpg

Thief_Game_Concept_Art_MLD_24.jpg
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'd love to see what the Tulnar cities are going to be like c: That should be something super unique and amazing~ <3

Hmm let's see a Tulnar city, a giant pile of trash where all of the trash pandas I mean tulnar scuttle about.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
    Varkun wrote: »

Hmm let's see a Tulnar city, a giant pile of trash where all of the trash pandas I mean tulnar scuttle about.

Btw, what race are you going to play? You are always insulting and slandering Tulnar for no real reason pal.
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Damokles wrote: »
    Varkun wrote: »

Btw, what race are you going to play? You are always insulting and slandering Tulnar for no real reason pal.

It's a hobby.

What race it's out there somewhere in other threads.
    3KAqRIf.png
  • tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My ideal city is your elven tree homes smoldering in ashes beneath my brethren Vek’s feet.

Virtue is the only good.
    tugowar wrote: »
    My ideal city is your elven tree homes smoldering in ashes beneath my brethren Vek’s feet.

I can agree with that only if I can have the bodies
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    When we join forces, they will surely burn.

Virtue is the only good.
    tugowar wrote: »
    When we join forces, they will surely burn.

I can live with their ashes ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    branegames wrote: »
    A piratebay

A hive of scum and villainy would do nicely
    Aq0KG2f.png
    Karthos wrote: »
    A piratebay

Good sir, welcome to Tortuga, the finest and most elegant hive of scum in nearly 5k km!
    b07f713b8fa296e871dd8c169ff86fd5.jpg
    a6XEiIf.gif
    edited April 2019
    Damokles wrote: »
    Karthos wrote: »
    A piratebay

Good sir, welcome to Tortuga, the finest and most elegant hive of scum in nearly 5k km!
    b07f713b8fa296e871dd8c169ff86fd5.jpg

slpfZGX.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• My dream town would be a town of pirates, and there would be a special Straw Hat dealer in the center!
    c8Ft6ax.png
    I don’t really associate pirates with flammable headgear.

Virtue is the only good.
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    edited April 2019
    I really really really reallly reallly reallly reallly reallly reallly reallly reallly reallly want to see a swamp castle/city/town/node

6d969e72-869a-4254-bbda-277caadeeac8_SwampVillage_Weston_T_Jones_web.jpg.1000x0x1.webp

tommy-scott-home-is-where-the-swamp-is-fb.jpg?1426787043

wallhaven-395051.jpg

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/004/421/735/large/andrew-collins-octagoncastle-final1-1.jpg?1483626413

oooooooooor...something inside a cave or deep in the mountain

tumblr_n9lhwccEiS1qhttpto1_540.jpg

tumblr_mvuew1Qjbk1qhttpto1_500.jpg

tumblr_n4loqjQwNT1qhttpto5_540.jpg

656449010-1467081504.jpg?resize=640%2C354

giphy.gif
    In all honesty, I would like to eventually see all racial type cities in all locations under realm included. With the recent dev diary and the way, cities towns are to be procedurally generated no two places should look the same.
    Hope the devs take some inspiration from all of the pics above.
    3KAqRIf.png
  • I just hope the guilds can come to an agreement on things like this during launch, but a cave place would be neato.
    NgBENuO.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

Nagash wrote: »
    NgBENuO.jpg

5cc73b8e618bb7d40c72d4a7efaf9826.jpg
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • I want a deep underground Tulnar empire. Full of Dr Moreau type bestial savages.
  • Ctesiphon with the hanging gardens of babylon and the and the niagara falls, a port to rival that of innistrad and palace halls to match that of Khazadum. Basically most of the pictures posted by others combined into one
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow