Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Griefing should not be a thing in this game

13»

Comments

• Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Karthos wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Hyyez wrote: »
    Why even play a open world PVP game then????

Because regardless of the fact it's a PvP game, people feel they are entitled to have accommodations made for them.

It's why you see so many "good idea fairies" hovering around, making "suggestions".

who ever could you mean ^^

The one armed man!

I was thinking it was the man with no name

He could have both no name and one arm

Naw, his name is Lefty.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    tugowar wrote: »
    It is really lame when you kill a certain community member over and over for the shitty actions that they have taken in the past, and then they are able to go to a customer support ticket and complain about you griefing them. Then you get timed out.

I'm trying to follow (after reading nearly all posts in this thread)… So @tugowar wants to kill over and over and over if someone does "something shitty in the past" without repercussion. Hmm... I'm trying to see what that shitty something is that deserves repeated PKing. What is so much worse than chasing someone down and killing someone repeatedly for no other reason than spite? Some examples please and thank you...
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    BeerBuddy wrote: »
    It is really lame when you kill a certain community member over and over for the shitty actions that they have taken in the past, and then they are able to go to a customer support ticket and complain about you griefing them. Then you get timed out.

I'm trying to follow (after reading nearly all posts in this thread)… So @tugowar wants to kill over and over and over if someone does "something shitty in the past" without repercussion. Hmm... I'm trying to see what that shitty something is that deserves repeated PKing. What is so much worse than chasing someone down and killing someone repeatedly for no other reason than spite? Some examples please and thank you...

He most likely stole a precious gem from an angry tulnar bard. This tulnar bard, would most likely follow him unto the ends of the earth and back, hounding him even in his sleep.
    8gamwg-vex-one-im-the-best-infiltrator-this-rathole-of-8225248.png
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Not without repercussions. Rather the in game corruption mechanics should always be repercussions enough. PKing is not griefing and should not warrant GM intervention. That is all.

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Not without repercussions. Rather the in game corruption mechanics should always be repercussions enough. PKing is not griefing and should not warrant GM intervention. That is all.

There are many people in this community that view any PvP outside an arena or battleground to be griefing. Just check out the replies in the Lawless Zone thread.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hyyez wrote: »
    Why even play a open world PVP game then????

Severe case of masochism perhaps ?
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    I hope there isn't griefing but I definitely see that It can be a thing. Especially since you have the option not to fight back at all while being attacked. Though if you flag for pvp and defend yourself you'll lose less, so I hope more people will pvp
    Poko.png