Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

PvP, PvE, or PvX

I’m curious to how many PvPers there are compared to PvEers or PvXers. Comment down below which one you’re going to be in our beloved MMO.

Extra points if you say why.
dEbtg6Q.jpg
He's a phantom | twitch.tv/dphantomtv

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2019
    PvC(rafting)!

Edit: Because I will have to do everything of the other things to do what i truly want to achieve in the game.
    I will have to dive into dungeons and battle mighty monsters with companions to later carve their bones and ores found in the deepest caves, into jewels boosting my customers armour and weaponry.
    I will have to contest with other people to obtaine prime mining zones, and will most likely draw the blood of other crafters and gatherers to silence them.
    I will go around in the deepest forrests and hottest deserts to find the most excellent ingredients.
    Make friend and enemy alike, dive into the deepest oceans, meet funny people, and maybe even find a guild, where i would fit in.
    All to fulfill my one and only goal in this game, to craft a legendary jewel as big as my fist!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    PvX, with the scale weighted towards PvE. I don't think this is going to be a game where focusing purely on PvE will be realistic, there are too many aspects of the game that will require some level of world PvP encounters(Caravans, Castle/Node Sieges, etc...) Even world bosses will likely require PvPing to some degree in order to claim the kill from other guilds that are after the loot.
    k2U15J3.png
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    PvX if I'm honest.

There's some days I want to just relax and do something cooperative with guildmates and there are days I want to murder.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    PvX. I love all aspects of MMOs.
  • PvX

I am a true all around player who enjoys every aspect of MMORPGs. Still my top3 activities are:

1. PvP open world and sieges
    2. Crafting
    3. PvE raiding
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • perseus01perseus01 Member
    edited April 2019
    I think I have decided to go PvE for the most part and perhaps help build a node. I won't say PvX because I don't want to fight other nodes but just defend one that hopefully has an alliance with me.
  • LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    PvX, leaning PvE. Fighting other players is fun. Fighting a massive dragon or a rampaging hoard of undead is just that much more fun.
  • KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    PvX but majoring leaning in PvE.

I have not really pvp much before but I'm really into trying it out. I do know I plan to do raid do dungeons. Explore professions and explore the world maybe find a secret boss perhaps. I think it will be loads of fun. :)
  • PVE have always hated open world PVP.
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    PvX. I think this will be the right game to open my PvP horizons but I love doing more PvE stuff. So my goal is 60/40(ish).
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    PvE with occasional PvX and/or PvP. I’m okay with PvX using the corruption system (actually I think the danger/opportunity to fight other players anywhere is kind of exciting). I’ve always been primarily a PvE player and I will probably be 95% PvE here. But in any MMO I’ve played that has a PvP option, I’ve always dabbled, and I’ve even made alts solely focused on PvP if it is implemented well in that game.

Hhak63P.png
  • RP. PvX though, mostly because this doesn't look like a game where you can really avoid one aspect over another and I like both quests, dungeons, and raids on the PvE side and Sieges and Cravans on the PvP side.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ashes is a PvX game.
    I would prefer to have servers with direct PvP combat/PK turned off - while still having objective-based PvP combat turned on - but...

We'll really have to see if the "meaningful conflict" is capable of driving PvE-only folk to enjoy direct PvP combat.
    I'm a carebear, but enjoy direct PvP combat sometimes - it's fine for a couple hours of siege defense during an eight-plus hour game session that is otherwise PvE.
    The EQNext game design did have scenario where I was thinking, "Hey, if I have to kill some dryads to siphon their Life magic in order to transform it into Shadow magic that augments my Stealth abilities, I'll kill some dryads. And if players try to stop me from depleting their forests of Life magic, those players will just have to die, sorry."
    "And if I'm playing a Druid trying to protect the forests from players siphoning off the Life magic, those players will just have to die if they don't stop when I ask them to."

I'm hoping Ashes will have that level of conflict.
    Where combat with other players is just a byproduct of more meaningful conflicts and motivations.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm here to have fun first and foremost so I will most likely play everything
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • dphantomtvdphantomtv Member, Alpha One
    Yah I didn’t expect anyone to be completely one-sided. A lot more PvEers than I thought though, interesting.
    dEbtg6Q.jpg
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    PvX I love the system Ashes will have and don't want it to be strictly pvp or pve, the world will actually feel a bit more dangerous with the potenital corrputed on the loose waiting to kill unsuspecting players, or maybe some yet to be red players looking for pray. Well they will only die in the end regardless.
  • JubilumJubilum Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    PVE primarily. But will participate in meaningful PVP defense (sieges, caravans). Offensive siege attacks will be on a case by case bases, If leadership can justify a legitimate meaningful reason to attack another node then ok, I will stand in the front line. But if the reason is lets attack this node just because they are a bunch of elves, then I'm out. I will not in any way participate in non-consensual pvp.
  • Alpha SoulAlpha Soul Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    PvX I would say.. I love both!
  • PvX. I will likely be hunting and gathering a lot, but the village on village warfare intrigues me, so I will be participating in PvP. The notion of spying on nodes and hunting spies could be loads of fun. If I can find a forgiving guild, I'd like to do dungeons and raids, but I have found in other games that I generally don't keep up with BiS gear and I am not the most coordinated person. Finding an RP group might also be fun.
  • PVP

This game has obviously superior risk/reward systems for PVP compared to other games. It seems there will be an abundance of reasons to 'be careful' and think in combat.

Good performance in PVP reaping actual rewards is absolutely critical to a game. For this reason i think a vast number of people will gravitate to Ashes of Creation for the PVP alone.
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    PvX I want it all love pve love pvp crafting raiding its just the whole MMO experience that I love the community both friends and enemies that all come together to make the world that is MMO's.

MMO's are the only games I play now nothing else IMO can touch the experience of playing MMO's with a good group of guildmates. AOC if it can deliver on the promises will offer more than any other single MMO has before IMO.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    PVX OFC 0.0
    Poko.png
  • dphantomtvdphantomtv Member, Alpha One
    Exciplex wrote: »
    PVP

This game has obviously superior risk/reward systems for PVP compared to other games. It seems there will be an abundance of reasons to 'be careful' and think in combat.

Good performance in PVP reaping actual rewards is absolutely critical to a game. For this reason i think a vast number of people will gravitate to Ashes of Creation for the PVP alone.

^ this excites me
    dEbtg6Q.jpg
  • LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dphantomtv wrote: »
    Exciplex wrote: »
    PVP

^ this excites me

Any excuse for you to try to roll face excites you.