Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Suggestion that might not be possible but maybe

truenoirtruenoir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Most mmorpg's over the years quest wise usually have a lot of generic kill this talk to this and such. I was wondering why interaction with NPC's never has been considered. From a programming aspect I've seen it in a select number of games and it is possible to trigger dialog between players and NPC's using perl and regular expressions interactively which allows a player to have a real conversation with a NPC via chat dialog over conventional "click on every NPC to cause interaction" I used to work on game servers using this type of functionality and it actually makes it pretty interesting for players giving them the ability to interact along with NPC's the ability to walk and talk being more interactive to what players say. Not to mention its just one of those things that you really never see in any mmorpg's so aside from being fresh its also unique.

Comments

• Options
    BloodlessBloodless Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    You don't usually see this type of programming in MMOs because if this transpired then there would either A need to be different instances of the same NPC or one PC could tie up an NPC for hours which would prevent other players from talking to said NPC. This level of trolling would be extremely frustrating and there would be no way to enforce people not to do this. Overall, this idea, in theory, sounds great for a single player game, but it wouldn't work for an MMO technologically or mechanically.