Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Mounts and Travel

Has there been any indication of mount types and are portal type travel being discussed or would this likely be a topic for a later time when expansions will be introduced?

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    there are 4 main types of mounts we know of so far

normal mounts - horses
    gliding mounts - dawn breaker
    flying mounts - dragons (only rulers of nodes or castle can use these)
    group mounts

as for portals, there is not fast travel in ashes apart from the level 6 science node
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Thank you Nagash. So some mounts will be available through a hierarchy or status structure, that's a new twist that I haven't seen. I wonder if more mounts will have status requirements.
    shadbush wrote: »
    Thank you Nagash. So some mounts will be available through a hierarchy or status structure, that's a new twist that I haven't seen. I wonder if more mounts will have status requirements.

these are just the main classes, there are a ton more subclasses and players can breed mounts to get even better ones
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    Mhm there's sooo many classes and mounts~! They just aren't showing much yet <3
    Poko.png
    Mhm there's sooo many classes and mounts~! They just aren't showing much yet <3

they are keeping a lot under their sandals
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• sivannasivanna Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    edited May 2019
    Nagash wrote: »

normal mounts - horses
    group mounts

as for portals, there is not fast travel in ashes apart from the level 6 science node

There are also Mule-type mounts, that can carry more resources than normal mounts. Like the Dawn Strider
    oh, and aquatic mounts
    Sivanna wrote: »

normal mounts - horses
    group mounts

There are also Mule-type mounts, that can carry more resources than normal mounts. Like the Dawn Strider
    oh, and aquatic mounts

I forgot about the aquatic mounts thanks ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Cant wait to see how those gliding mounts work.
  • IbarumarkyIbarumarky Member
    edited May 2019
    Who doesn't want a Narcagua gliding mount?!

latest?cb=20150806140104
    Ibarumarky wrote: »

latest?cb=20150806140104

does it have posion barbs?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• And multi player mounts....
    Megs wrote: »
    And multi player mounts....

Wish we could see some art work :(
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Nagash wrote: »

latest?cb=20150806140104

Aah just spiky, deadly swing tail mace of doom.. it was a glorious monster in monster Hunter unite

latest?cb=20150806140104

Aah just spiky, deadly swing tail mace of doom.. it was a glorious monster in monster Hunter unite

Damn I was hoping it would also have poison
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    autumnleaf wrote: »
    Cant wait to see how those gliding mounts work.

Same here, one of the very enjoyable things about Archeage was the gilders. So i am hoping the gliding mounts go some way towards this, maybe not as instant as the AA gliders though.