Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What I want to do first once the Alpha 1 Begins:

Get my warrior, lv up, test the abilities, find usage for twin swords and greatsword, duel with my friends, craft gear, find my favourite looking gear, explore the world and test the game/find bugs

I really want to understand how the unique systems of AoC work, and I want to participate, but I guess this will be better done during beta

What about you?

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I want to die and come back alive
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Create the ultimate bard:
    -Heavy armour
    -Polearm/spear
    -Bard
    -Tulnar
    -jewel crafting

And then begin leveling/gathering ALL the ores :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    GumdropsGumdrops Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    Get max level as fast as possible and blame there is no content in this game. /s

I don't have access to any alpha anyway, but I would try to keep an eye on bugs/exploits and report them so it can be fixed before release. So I have to hope people with more money will do that. o:)
    Reminder to stay on topic
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Explore
  • Options
    azurlazurl Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Explore, build freehold asap and try crafting and gathering
  • Options
    Alpha SoulAlpha Soul Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    In each phase except for the short phases, I'm probably going to try out multiple classes and try the crafting/gathering. Essentially I want to test out feel/effectiveness.
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Test and try to break everything.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Play around with the character customization, test each available class, and run around the world and break shit.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Find the sandal, find the bugs, try out all the different races/skills.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    I want to look at all the people who don't know that all the features of the game aren't going to be in Alpha 1.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I knew that!
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    jahlon wrote: »
    I want to look at all the people who don't know that all the features of the game aren't going to be in Alpha 1.

I can die in any game mode and no one will stop me
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Most of the feature won't be present until A2 and beyond, but I'm hoping we can at least get a decent feel for the game and world.

Actually now that I think about it I don't remember if character customization was suppose to be in A1
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    SWEAT GRIND AND LEVELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL~! <3
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Shaking head for all seamless high and mighty people....

But probably most of the time testing and finding bugs to help the game development
  • Options
    Ibarumarky wrote: »

But probably most of the time testing and finding bugs to help the game development

the first part sounds like fun ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Oh i forgot that i wanted to really try out the rogue class (if it is more fun then the bard, then I will have to think some more about my lifechoice in AoC :/)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

/cast Greater Regeneration

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »

NO DONT DO IT, HEALING ONLY DAMAGES THE UNDEAD! *runs with his hand stretched out to nagash* Nagash, fast! Drink this greater Poison!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »

NO DONT DO IT, HEALING ONLY DAMAGES THE UNDEAD! *runs with his hand stretched out to nagash* Nagash, fast! Drink this greater Poison!

Come back! Let my healing light ease your angst! LET ME LOVE YOUUU!!!

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »

Come back! Let my healing light ease your angst! LET ME LOVE YOUUU!!!

wow just wow
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Pretend I am part Skyrim horse and find all the exploitable terrain.
    owuEH4S.png
  • Options
    whitedude31whitedude31 Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    @morashtak thanks for the laugh dude :smiley: I was having a pretty average day until I read your comment. NOW ITS A GREAT DAY!

The first thing I am going to look for is ways to kill my teammates :smiley: and not tell ANYONE until AFTER I kill one of my friends with whatever it may be so the devs don't take it out.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    morashtak wrote: »
    Pretend I am part Skyrim horse and find all the exploitable terrain.

Don't forget to take a bucket with you then. As any skyrim speedrunner will tell you, buckets are the most magical of items :P
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What a good question, I usually am a little starstruck when i first log in and just like to take in the surroundings and ambience of the game. I am usually soon pulled back from this by my guildies that are more driven and have a plan :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    Ibarumarky wrote: »

the first part sounds like fun ^^

Depends on the amount of people who are doing it. It's funny what expectations some people have and they might be wrong, but still it doesn't change their point.

Some people are so stubborn and think everything is as they imagine, other people act high and mighty tending to appear somehow arrogant and cocky... yeah you would be so busy you won't die cause of shaking your head takes all ya time🤣
  • Options
    I want to have fun and experiment since everything's gonna be wiped anyways. It'll burn me out trying to go through the content several more times afterwards, and maybe I'll discover something unexpectedly powerful
  • Options
    MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    iandaking wrote: »
    I want to have fun and experiment since everything's gonna be wiped anyways.

This.

Players should keep this in mind and take it as a given that "beating the game", et al, are irrelevant - Finding bugs, accurately reporting them, testing exploits, reporting those, terrain hopping, reporting unintended terrain shortcuts, and all the other ways we can help make the game better long before a beta release.

My motto for Alpha testing - "How can we make this game the best it can be long before the general public gets their hands on it?"
    owuEH4S.png
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The testing period is for testing the game, and that is what I'll be doing. I'll mostly be focusing on the combat, testing the limitations of it and making sure it works smoothly. I'll also spend some time testing the mob AI to make sure it doesn't for example get stuck on random pieces of terrain, etc.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    KraemerKraemer Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    BREAK STUFF!!!!