Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Achievements and Rewards

VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
What sort of achievement system would people like to see in place for Ashes?

Achievements for doing what sort of activities?

How about rewards for achievements purely cosmetic rewards or items?

In many games, achievements give points that apply to an overall points score for achievements but that is usually all you get a point score. I would like to see rewards given for the number of points you achieve thus a more direct way of showing how many achievements you have.

What would others like to see or what other achievement systems have you seen implemented in other games that you thought were well done?
3KAqRIf.png
Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.

Comments

• Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like when some achievements give you amusing titles; some a prefix to your name, others a suffix to your name, with a drop down menu list that you can choose what you want to have displayed.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    I'd love Titles~!!!! to add before or after your name~!! Getting certain items from doing really hard achievements could be awesome too, cosmetics toys or whatever! Even a mount, that could be great~!!! n.n Achievements are pretty nice to get, collecting them all if you want is something lots of people like to do as well!
    Poko.png
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    elf wrote: »
    I like when some achievements give you amusing titles; some a prefix to your name, others a suffix to your name, with a drop down menu list that you can choose what you want to have displayed.

Good idea, we might aswell have Nagash-chan if it comes to that.
  • Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    i hope there will be ALOT of rare titles that are only obtainable for limited time or switch owner. its a great way to make players feel unique without using to much game resources xd also i beleave these should be distributed evenly across the game like;
    player with highest kill count in open world pvp, or highest K/D ratio
    player with highest amount of gold in inventory
    first to discover certain bosses or recipy's (or sandal?)
    Signature-member.gif?ex=66155d75&is=6602e875&hm=3bfff7a9230240f48915fa417b4dc30b967860cdecfbbdf088f3d3b302a06bdd&
  • Options
    Yeah I played wow... but they got some nice achievements.

Achievements could give someone titles, pets and transmog gear or atleast new colours and costumes
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ibarumarky wrote: »

Achievements could give someone titles, pets and transmog gear or atleast new colours and costumes

And mounts
  • Options
    For in game reward cosmetic skins and titles would be great and are pretty standard.

I'd say skill morphs, as long as they weren't new skills, just morphs, for some of the harder achievements in the game, with players getting morphs with everything from race, subclass, religion, NPC guilds, and so on I don't see it as too much of a stretch for some of them to come from achievements.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I want achievements to be something you have to work for and earn instead of given away for everyting
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    I was achievement junkie in WoW and I liked collecting those everytime I had spare time. I was quite close to max after Cataclysm and I continued collecting those in MoP, but then I stopped playing before Warlords.

Soooo.. I would really like to see achievement system also in AoC. Rewards can be mostly titles, points and cosmetics like in WoW. However, maybe WoW went too far with achievement system and there was too much of those at first place. I guess I want to see more meaningful achievements rather than kill 10 ducks to become a duck killer stuff.. If you know what I mean. Once again quality over quantity imo.

I was thinking if achievements could be somehow useful rather than offer only vanity stuff. Maybe specific achievements needs to be achieved before player can join some cults/factions/clans or what ever there will be. Or maybe achievements could be used somewhere else to be a little bit more useful. But if that is not wanted I am totally fine with 100% vanity system as well.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    All the nerd points!!!!
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    branegames wrote: »

And mounts

cosmetic skins for mounts, pets and battlepets
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I do like some of the ideas put forward here.

And mounts

cosmetic skins for mounts, pets and battlepets
    Ferryman wrote: »

I was thinking if achievements could be somehow useful rather than offer only vanity stuff. Maybe specific achievements needs to be achieved before player can join some cults/factions/clans or what ever there will be. Or maybe achievements could be used somewhere else to be a little bit more useful. But if that is not wanted I am totally fine with 100% vanity system as well.
    For in game reward cosmetic skins and titles would be great and are pretty standard.

I'd say skill morphs, as long as they weren't new skills, just morphs, for some of the harder achievements in the game, with players getting morphs with everything from race, subclass, religion, NPC guilds, and so on I don't see it as too much of a stretch for some of them to come from achievements.

I really like the idea of skill morphs through the achievement system and even a set of achievements to join an organization. Perhaps having some achievements to join one organization may preclude you from other organizations, would be an interesting twist.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options

And mounts

Definitely mounts. +1
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • Options
    MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    I want achievements to be something you have to work for and earn instead of given away for everything

Agree - Risk vs Reward. Titles should be uncommon with the more rare titles requiring a much higher level of effort. "Insane in the Membrane" was one that WoW players had to put in so much effort that when you saw someone sporting it there was much respect for the effort if not the player.
    owuEH4S.png
  • Options
    I really hope that there will be class quests and achievements given away in correlation to that which augments your abilities to look cooler or different
  • Options
    PinkberryPinkberry Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Omgoshh i want to earn a title where it gives -chan at the end of your name lol
  • Options

lul
  • Options
    IbarumarkyIbarumarky Member
    edited May 2019

I wanna have -sensei title :-P
  • Options
    Give me an "idiot" title and i'll be happy
  • Options
    best wow title:

<Name>, Slayer of Stupid, Incompetent and Disappointing Minions

sadly it was temporay
  • Options
    whitedude31whitedude31 Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    As long as it lets us weebs continue to live like filthy degenerates then all will be ok in the world :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I always like the title of lord myself or even better, Emperor
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

You forgot the "God-" before the emperor my lord!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »

do I looks like Sigmar
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

do I looks like Sigmar

You dont have to call yourself Sigmar to be a God-Emperor of something^^
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    caedwyncaedwyn Member
    i like achievements for almost EVERYTHING
    for killing pve / pvp / for dying for walking naked for drowning for swimming for finding secret places for spending time in the game for spending time in party or etc .....
    and then many others...
  • Options
    pjrydeckerpjrydecker Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I love achievments being a completionist if there is an achievment i dont already have I will try to achieve it what ever the reward or lack there of. but titles are fun and decorations too. :)
    4ZZpOBh.gif
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm a huge achievement whore in games so as long as there's an achievement to hunt I have shit to do in game.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    Achievements? Yes please!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Achievements? Yes please!

No. none for you
    nJ0vUSm.gif