Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will there be a Developer API?

I wasn't able to find much through my searches, but does anyone know if there will be a developer API?

Comments

• Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They have been resisting the idea.

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    GumdropsGumdrops Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    It has been asked in a few times on streams, currently there is no API planned.
    Reminder to stay on topic
  • Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Template:Addons

tho if i remember corrently, they are planning on having a account page that can manage alot of stuff ?
    Signature-member.gif?ex=66155d75&is=6602e875&hm=3bfff7a9230240f48915fa417b4dc30b967860cdecfbbdf088f3d3b302a06bdd&
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Given how much Steven has said he hates addons, I doubt it. I'm personally not too worried about not having a developer API for the game as long as we are able to customise our UI as standard.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They have said that if they identify any QOL issues that would require an addon that they would naturally add it themselves if it was something they wanted in game. The API being released into the wild, while there are plenty of legitimate uses, there are just as many bad actors out there that would use it for unintended results.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    Alpha SoulAlpha Soul Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They didn't rule out the idea, but they wanted to handle most of the reasons one would want to develop those app's .. in game. So I believe their intention is to eliminate most of the reasons one would access an API for development via in game development.
  • Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2019
    And I would like to have $500Million. But if someone wants to save me thousands and thousands of developmental dollars that I can then cooped into my own project, I’m not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth.

Virtue is the only good.