Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Resource types and Respawn rates, what you want to see in AOC?

Here is a topic not really talked about. The resources of AoC, and how we would love to see it handled.

Now Me going back to SWG, that system was pretty good, you would have a large drop of resource X, then after it was used up resource Y would replace it, but no in the very same spot. Made for some good exploring in SWG.

So when I get a little more time, at work now, I will add a list of dream resources to see in AoC and at what drop rate. But until then I would love to hear your ideas.

Comments

• Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Sounds like what has already been purposed.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    burnthefernburnthefern Member, Settler, Alpha One
    They have mentioned SWG as a reference a couple times when the topic of crafting gets brought up. While obviously I dont know the exact specifics, based on how they've talked about it i believe this is similar to the direction things are currently planned.
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is something I am very curious to see in action just how things will work. If there will just be very large node type areas where resources are harvested or there will also be smaller areas as well. How hotly contested will it be to gather, how often will conflicts kick off over gathering rights.

Lower level mats still being relevant for even high-level crafting is a must IMO well to some degree. But then lower level materials may be needed in large amounts to make the more mundane items for general use.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I really want the resource nodes spawn randomly in a predetermined space.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Also I want resource nodes to change and become rarer or displaced further and further out as nodes develop. Oh hey I'm in a forest plenty of wood to gather and herbs to collect...oh now its a village, well just on the outskirts, now its a city surrounded by towns and I have to go further and further out as everything grows and changes and some resources become rarer or even stop spawning to show they "died" out.