We are happy to announce that starting August 20, 2019 at 11:00 AM PDT the Divine Gateways will open once more for limited Apocalypse testing sessions! For more information, check out our FAQ here: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-08-14-steam-announce-and-play-test-faq-for-ashes-of-creation-apocalypse

Compensation for Russian early kickstarter bakers?

hulkmasterhulkmaster Member, Pioneer
Hi eveyrone!

Im from Russia, and I've baked Ashes of Creation since Kickstarter, because i believed, and still do believe that game has plenty ammount of potential and will be awesome :)

But at the same time i felt a little downed, when i heard about mail.ru being company to localise staff, to be specific, i felt downed, when i saw prices for russian preorder

I backed AoC withh 100$ and received "Invite to Closed Beta - Phase 1 " (skins are important, but for now early access i think is a little more important)

And if i would have waited and backed it now, with same ammount, i woudl receive "Alpha 1 access"

It feels likeme and my wife are being fined for backing too early :c

Comments

  • AuronAuron Member, Founder
    I don't think Mail.ru is selling Alpha 1 access for 100$. Can you please provide the link?
    Auronsyg.png
  • cyanideinsanitycyanideinsanity Member, Settler
    edited May 24
    You wouldn't though. Ignoring limited slot "early bird" packages B1 starts at the $100 tier, less than whats currently on the store. A1 was $500 tiers and I believe was the same with the store purchases before they capped at their ~10k a1 participants.

    The earliest you can get right now is A2 for $250, which is more than from the kickstarter, which was from $150.
  • WololoWololo Member, Leader of Men
    beta 1 is $150 at the moment right ? now they get some ingame time and embers with this but its still more expensive. i guess its a matter of different rewards :P yours will be more rare i assume >:)
    Wololo.png
  • hulkmasterhulkmaster Member, Pioneer
    Sorry, i was wrong

    100$ gives you alpha2 access (but i think earlier it was possible to aquire alpha1)

    unknown.png
  • hulkmasterhulkmaster Member, Pioneer
    edited May 24
    6499 roubles gives alpha 2 access

    and 6 month subscription

    and 10k embers
  • cyanideinsanitycyanideinsanity Member, Settler
    edited May 24
    hulkmaster wrote: »
    6499 roubles gives alpha 2 access
    Conversion is less(100 vs 150), so if there was an A1 package available it may have been slightly less than compared to prices in USD. If there was I'm guessing its because of partnering with mail.ru and having regional pricing that they otherwise were probably foregoing before they had an official partner in russia.
  • hulkmasterhulkmaster Member, Pioneer
    Thats exactly the issue

    I'm from Russia, and it seems like if i would not baked AoC from Kickstarter - i would gained more :c
  • cyanideinsanitycyanideinsanity Member, Settler
    hulkmaster wrote: »
    Thats exactly the issue

    I'm from Russia, and it seems like if i would not baked AoC from Kickstarter - i would gained more :c

    Thats probably accurate, but I don't think there's much that will come from this. Doesn't mean you shouldn't try though, better to ask and whatnot.
  • hulkmasterhulkmaster Member, Pioneer
    So for kickstartercampain me and wife got for 100$

    Invite to Closed Beta - Phase 1
    1 Additional Month of game time (3 Total)

    And right now for same ammount of roubles i could have
    alpha 2 access (b1 b2 included)
    6 month subscri[tion
  • ArzosahArzosah Member, Leader of Men
    Are you currently logged in looking at the prices? i could be wrong but this could just be to upgrade your account so it would only show you the cost subtracting what youve already paid
    i55FwpZ.png
  • burnthefernburnthefern Member, Settler
    Arzosah wrote: »
    Are you currently logged in looking at the prices? i could be wrong but this could just be to upgrade your account so it would only show you the cost subtracting what youve already paid

    Also curious about this. If those are flat prices, I need to look into whether I can buy packs in rubles and play on NA.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Leader of Men
    When I look at mail.ru and then click on the continue button it automatically shifts me the the my.com site, where the prices are comparable in euros to what the US site prices are. Can you provide a link to this store page on mail.ru instead of just a screenshot?
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • hulkmasterhulkmaster Member, Pioneer
    Arzosah wrote: »
    Are you currently logged in looking at the prices? i could be wrong but this could just be to upgrade your account so it would only show you the cost subtracting what youve already paid

    I was looking, being not logged in
    Also you can ask your russian\ukrain friends to take a look - they will see same prices
    When I look at mail.ru and then click on the continue button it automatically shifts me the the my.com site, where the prices are comparable in euros to what the US site prices are. Can you provide a link to this store page on mail.ru instead of just a screenshot?

    Yeah, you have to have russian ip adress :)
  • AuronAuron Member, Founder
    hulkmaster wrote: »
    So for kickstartercampain me and wife got for 100$

    Invite to Closed Beta - Phase 1
    1 Additional Month of game time (3 Total)

    And right now for same ammount of roubles i could have
    alpha 2 access (b1 b2 included)
    6 month subscri[tion

    You have many more Kickstarter perks though. And kickstarter was more about "backing" not "purchasing" so. I understand that it may not seem fair from your perspective considering the things you get back, however, I don't think IS will assist you on this one since refund for Kickstarter purchases is not an option as far as I am informed.

    Here is some of the things you cant get from Mail.ru purchases:

    Kickstarter Exclusive - Obsidian Stallion
    Kickstarter Exclusive - Falcon pet
    Kickstarter Exclusive - Character Pioneer's cloak
    Kickstarter Exclusive - Freehold appearance bundle Tier 1
    Ability to upgrade your pack.

    And the rewards in this image: https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/016/921/092/37d08bb7240ebb3692d1a7aa640decb6_original.png?ixlib=rb-2.0.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1496344795&auto=format&gif-q=50&lossless=true&s=0135badb5a54fb1157a54c1e6fdf1554

    In terms of access to testing phases, yes, you paid more for less. Let's just call it being unlucky. The other things above is where you are lucky. I guess it's a matter of importance of which do you care about the more.
    Auronsyg.png
  • hulkmasterhulkmaster Member, Pioneer
    aeonauron wrote: »
    hulkmaster wrote: »
    So for kickstartercampain me and wife got for 100$

    Invite to Closed Beta - Phase 1
    1 Additional Month of game time (3 Total)

    And right now for same ammount of roubles i could have
    alpha 2 access (b1 b2 included)
    6 month subscri[tion

    You have many more Kickstarter perks though. And kickstarter was more about "backing" not "purchasing" so. I understand that it may not seem fair from your perspective considering the things you get back, however, I don't think IS will assist you on this one since refund for Kickstarter purchases is not an option as far as I am informed.

    Here is some of the things you cant get from Mail.ru purchases:

    Kickstarter Exclusive - Obsidian Stallion
    Kickstarter Exclusive - Falcon pet
    Kickstarter Exclusive - Character Pioneer's cloak
    Kickstarter Exclusive - Freehold appearance bundle Tier 1
    Ability to upgrade your pack.

    And the rewards in this image: https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/016/921/092/37d08bb7240ebb3692d1a7aa640decb6_original.png?ixlib=rb-2.0.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1496344795&auto=format&gif-q=50&lossless=true&s=0135badb5a54fb1157a54c1e6fdf1554

    In terms of access to testing phases, yes, you paid more for less. Let's just call it being unlucky. The other things above is where you are lucky. I guess it's a matter of importance of which do you care about the more.

    Totally true :)

    And i would like aplha access and time more :c
Sign In or Register to comment.