Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashes Competitors

13»

Comments

• Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Swaftworth wrote: »
    Chronicles of Elyria. Maybe Atlas. I heard ArcheAge isn't as terrible as broken, so maybe that.

The only thing Chronicles of Elyria will be competing for will be the "most-convincing fake project to pass for a real project" in the annuls of Kickstarter's histories.

Watch some videos on the latest happenings and news for CoE, and I don't think you'll still predict it'll be around to compete with ANYTHING.

@Tyranthraxus
    It's a necropost, haha
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    maouw wrote: »
    Swaftworth wrote: »
    Chronicles of Elyria. Maybe Atlas. I heard ArcheAge isn't as terrible as broken, so maybe that.

The only thing Chronicles of Elyria will be competing for will be the "most-convincing fake project to pass for a real project" in the annuls of Kickstarter's histories.

Watch some videos on the latest happenings and news for CoE, and I don't think you'll still predict it'll be around to compete with ANYTHING.

Tyranthraxus
    It's a necropost, haha

The best type of posts
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Member
    I think y'all are forgetting about "Swords of Legends Online". I could be wrong but it seems as though it could compete with Ashes.

It will probably be kill by monetization before AOC release(yeah i have big faith in any eastern mmo) .
  • Options
    BarabBarab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    isnt there an Archeage 2 coming ?
    The Dünir Hold Mithril Warhammers,Thanes of the Keelhaul, Dünir scourge of the oceans, Warhammer First Fleet Command of The Dünzenkell Nation, friends to the Dünir Dwarves of the Dünhold.Hammers High!
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited April 2021
    I think y'all are forgetting about "Swords of Legends Online". I could be wrong but it seems as though it could compete with Ashes.

It won't.

The developers here seem to have set out to find exactly the type of game western MMO players are sick of, and made exactly that.

It may do ok in China - in fact, it may almost be the only MMO available on Steam in China. It won't do well anywhere else.
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited April 2021
    Barab wrote: »
    isnt there an Archeage 2 coming ?

This is the only sensible post here tbh. Swords of Legends isn't going to compete because they're completely different MMOs. New World isn't going to compete because they're completely different MMOs. ArcheAge 2 could compete because they are very similar in what kind of MMOs they are. Now, will Jake Song be able to convince Kakao to not add P2W in the Western version? Who knows. But AA2 is the only upcoming MMO that we know of that will be similar to Ashes in terms of theme. It's like saying "I wonder if the new NFL game is gonna compete with the new FIFA game". They're both sports games, but they attract different audiences usually. A better comparison would be "I wonder if the new Pro Evolution Soccer will compete with the new FIFA".
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    RamirezRamirez Member
    edited April 2021
    Riot MMORPG, even if the game is bad Will attract allot of people
  • Options
    CakeBanditJrCakeBanditJr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Jayma wrote: »

It will probably be kill by monetization before AOC release(yeah i have big faith in any eastern mmo) .

They say it wont be P2W but we shall see. Will 100% give it a try if I'm being honest.
  • Options
    CakeBanditJrCakeBanditJr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Noaani wrote: »

It won't.

The developers here seem to have set out to find exactly the type of game western MMO players are sick of, and made exactly that.

It may do ok in China - in fact, it may almost be the only MMO available on Steam in China. It won't do well anywhere else.

Idk it seems to be a decent game, similar to FFXIV. I could be wrong but we shall see!
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Noaani wrote: »

It won't.

Idk it seems to be a decent game, similar to FFXIV. I could be wrong but we shall see!
    It looks like a clone of BDO to be honest. :s

Hhak63P.png