Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

feminine Cosmetics?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CaelronCaelron Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm hoping most of the "cute" things are part of Tailoring or tied to crafting somehow, and not tied to the item shop.

If I want to play an Archmage who prefers cloth-level armor (very breathable and movable armor, enhanced by magic), you better believe I'm going to look as dapper as possible! (Assuming male character, that is).
  • Options
    Hiya! Thanks to branegames for sharing those additional pictures of other dresses/more feminine items we've released in the past :blush:

I'll share your feedback on wanting to see more along these lines in the future as well!
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I am fine with cute clothing as long as it is appropriate for Ashes...

So I guess it all depends on the definition of cute in this context. If it means Kawaii Asian bunny ears then no. If it means maid outfits, modern bikinis, or bikini armour then no. In my own definition of cute I struggle to see how cute can fit into Ashes. The dresses above while perfectly acceptable I would not define as cute. So if cute means more elegant feminine clothing then yes. If it means a distinction between male and female armours without creating the "bikini" look then yes.

• Options
    Viymir wrote: »
    If it means a distinction between male and female armours without creating the "bikini" look then yes.

Pretty sure we all know how female armor gets “distinguished”, sudden cleavage flashing and a too-tight fit. Armor should look basically the same across both male and female character models. Racial changes on armor should be the only significant shift in aesthetics.