Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Considering Creating New Guild

edited August 2020 in NA Guild Recruitment
I was considering creating a new guild, but I want to know if people would actually join. I want to do role playing, not sure what kind, and I like crafting. With this in mind, a role play focused guild with some side crafting. Would anyone be interested in this?

Edit: This was posted a little over a year ago, I ended up joining another crafting guild so the topic/issue is resolved. Thank you for your concern snd advice!

Comments

• Options
    I recommend not to start playing with a guild, first make a circle of friends and then start a guild with them, at least that's what I'm going to do
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Lumbermark wrote: »
    I recommend not to start playing with a guild, first make a circle of friends and then start a guild with them, at least that's what I'm going to do

I thought about that but doesn't that feel unfair to that guild? Stealing their members doesn't sit right with me.
  • Options
    Nemesis wrote: »

I thought about that but doesn't that feel unfair to that guild? Stealing their members doesn't sit right with me.

Ummmm but if they want to start one guild with you then you are not stealing anyone, besides is not that a guild OWNS their members...
    giphy.gif
  • Options

Ummmm but if they want to start one guild with you then you are not stealing anyone, besides is not that a guild OWNS their members...

Dude. Joining a guild with the sole intention of ripping members is not cool and that's that on that. End of. Kay? Kay.
  • Options
    HexcatHexcat Member
    edited August 2019

Dude. Joining a guild with the sole intention of ripping members is not cool and that's that on that. End of. Kay? Kay.

I recommend you to learn to read DUDE
    If you are starting a guild then my suggestion is to FIRST make a circle of friends and then make a guild with them
    The only one who's talking about join a guild for the sole intention of ripping members
    Kay?...

If I say that the guild don't own their members is because maybe the friends you make are already in a guild but want to join yours...
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    ZaraZara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2019
  • Options
    QuarantineQuarantine Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would suggest joining an established guild, personally. It's more fun to just chill and play games. Good luck to you <3
  • Options
    Lord SiroLord Siro Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    Out of pure curiosity, what happened to Starlight Foundry? Weren't you second in command of the guild?

There's also a few RP guild with really nice people. I'd recommend Dragonvale. They welcome friendly people with open arms.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Member
    edited August 2020
    @Nemesis

I'd wait until you've been in game at least a few days. I made a guild with a streamer pre-classic release. We had it all planned out which people would be in which groups, who all resources would be funneled to, and had the first five or so hours of game-play planned to a T so that we could be the server's first guild as well as maintain the highest levels on the server. A lot of the people who joined and claimed they would be on at launch flaked. A lot of the people who were on at launch didn't stick to the plan. They were all stuck at the quest bottleneck and stayed level 4-5 for hours. The twelve or so of us who stuck to the plan were the server's first level 8's. We hit OUR bottleneck because many of our launch toons were casters and due to some many people joining a guild just to join a guild didn't get stick to the plan, our caster dps wasn't as high as it could have been because we couldn't get wands to all of them early. You can't be sure who is actually helpful to have in your guild and who just feels special for having a nameplate of a guild above their character, even in the cases of dead or leveling guilds.

In your case especially, I would wait and find people directly in-game. You want a role playing guild. If AoC doesn't end up having RP enforced, dedicated servers for this, you'll have to fish for RP'rs more. Their names can be a heavy indicator on whether they are RP players and can make it easier. If you DID find the RP'rs you're looking for, they may seem more active on forums and such than they are in the game. If they join outside of game, they could end up only playing two or three hours a week, and opposite hours you plan to play. No point in being in any sort of guild/group/clan if they can't be active in it.

Server splits are also a concern for you. It would be better to know everyone int he guild is on the same server and timezone. Some people are going to join a server, just to leave it when they find out their other friends joined a different one to go play with them. If you encounter a player with RP and notice them on at the same times and questing in the same zones as you, THAT's the person you want in the guild.
    Where words fail, music speaks.” ― Hans Christian Andersen
  • Options
    MrLuck wrote: »
    Out of pure curiosity, what happened to Starlight Foundry? Weren't you second in command of the guild?

There's also a few RP guild with really nice people. I'd recommend Dragonvale. They welcome friendly people with open arms.

Luck I posted this a year ago and gave up shortly thereafter, in fact the only reason I’m here is because I got emails about it
  • Options
    Lord SiroLord Siro Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Faelan wrote: »
    MrLuck wrote: »

Luck I posted this a year ago and gave up shortly thereafter, in fact the only reason I’m here is because I got emails about it

Got ya got ya