Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Your first MMO Story

I used to have a toaster back during my childhood and as such my first MMO was a browser game called Adventure Quest Worlds or better known as aqw. Played it for nearly 6 years all the way till i was 14. Loved the game and you could tell the developers put their heart into it as it came from a small studio. Enjoyable story as well. I still log back in during holiday events just for fun
Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I remember it, as if it was yesterday.
    I was 12 years old and installed WoW for the first time. 8CDs and i had to pray to the computer gods that the installation would not suddenly stop. It took me around 5 hours to install it. XD

Played it with interruptions until winter last year, i could not bring myself to continue to pay for it...
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    I remember it, as if it was yesterday.
    I was 12 years old and installed WoW for the first time. 8CDs and i had to pray to the computer gods that the installation would not suddenly stop. It took me around 5 hours to install it. XD

Played it with interruptions until winter last year, i could not bring myself to continue to pay for it...

I was in college when WoW first came out, and I remember rushing back to my dorm between classes so swap out discs as the game installed on my POS Dell desktop.

My first MMO was Lineage technically but Lineage 2 came out not soon after so I upgraded.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Lineage 2.

7-8 boys aged 14 years old or so.
    We started killing wolves around the first village then some guy killed one of us.

We set out to kill him. We discovered ruins.
    Then we discovered another town and with time we learned to play as an orginized group, selected classes, crafted gear fought effectively other players during our adventures and before you know it we were fighting in sieges for Guilds or killing Raidbosses for loot
  • Vanilla Everquest and found an RP guild early. Had fun through the first few expansions until the guild broke up and then I also moved on to other MMOs.
  • KaienKaien Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My first "MMO" was probably Tibia back in 97, was 12 i think. Me and my buddies had the key to the common computor room in school because we where the "IT" guys even thou we knew jack shit about computors we just learned as we went on.

We use to spend our breaks between classes in there playing this game because it was easier playing there rather then home because the internet sucked at home, being killed by a rat because my mum picked up the phone whilst i was in combat wasn´t ideal.

"Mum get off the phone im killing a rat!!"
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    My first was DC universe online and I played it on my ps3 back in 2011. Before that, I only played single-player games and I had no idea what an MMO was, can you believe that. After that, I only played MMOs.

Amazing memories and friends made.