Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[NA RPvX] Thousand Tales - Best Tavern in Verra!

nevrusnevrus Member
edited October 2019 in NA Guild Recruitment
In the dead of night, red-orange light accompanied with the roar of life sputters from the foggy windows of a large, multi-tiered structure. It appears to be Aela in construction, and in the whipping wind of the night, a hanging sign decorated with a book bears the text in seriffed golden lettering:

THOUSAND TALES

Through the heavy wooden door, a sea of life has gathered. The creaks of the worn wooden floor can't be heard beneath the loud arguments and ceaseless bragging. The tables are covered in aromatic meats and technicolor beverages, and every form and walk of life inhabits them as equals. At least equals beneath the proprietor.

The light comes from many candles arranged throughout the dining room, intermixed with the constant glow of a fireplace kept fed and stoked. Above the open flame, mounted to the masonry of the heat source, is hung a portrait of a Kaivek woman the owner found particularly attractive. Her eternal visage is barren of garment, and her alluring gaze tends to break through barriers of racial standards of beauty to create an uncommon consensus. There've been fights about whether she's a Ren'kai or a Vek, and the owner changes the answer every time he's asked.

To the right of the dining room lay two large rooms, one dedicated to a map of Verra as it is currently known, the other a parlor containing a number of games. The map is free to use, but there's a house tradition that one must gamble on the games, even if it's one pitiful coin. The back wall's right half is dedicated to a massive board with all kinds of parchment pinned to it; always present are two requests: "Seeking Information - See Owner" and "Seeking Tales - See Owner."

To the back left lay the bar, and a door to the kitchen between it and the wall. The shelves reach all the way up to the ceiling and seem to be organized by color rather than contents. There's only room for two behind it, and one of them is seemingly ever-present. His bark at newcomers is always the same:

"Welcome, friend! In passing my threshold you've become my friend, you see. This is Thousand Tales. Make yourselves at home! If you've none other, we've always beds upstairs. Feel free to introduce yourself to my other friends! We've roast and refreshment and impairment in plenty supply, but the one commodity I can offer you, or purchase from you, that won't get exchanged anywhere else is stories. I don't quite have a thousand yet, but I've plenty for any mood or taste!"

He's an elf all wrapped up in crimson finery, a true Empyrean. His golden hair and red eyes don't suggest much of a noble lineage, but his presentation exudes wealth and taste. This man knows. What or who or why, he knows. How? That's a matter of persistence.

His staff are all warbringers and mongrels, madmen and mavericks. There's no rhyme or reason to them; merely the desire to 'do,' and to tell the world the story later. It's said that the only requirement to join is to tell a story the owner, Arquus, hasn't heard before. From there, the legends merely grow.

"What's your story, friend?"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Thousand Tales is a small-scale RP PvX guild intent on establishing a freehold on the community-designated RP server, outside the purview of the major metropolis factions, in order to engage in story-gathering and tavern management.

Our hope is to remain neutral, but be a draw for players from the entire server. To do this, in addition to the namesake tavern, we're also going to aggressively collect information about goings-on to sell to interested parties, all to finance the continuous quest to gather one thousand tales of the new Verra. As a side-project we'll make some of those stories ourselves!

If you're interested in full-time RP while in-game, interacting with the entirety of the server, playing an important role in guiding players to where they need to be, and frequent creative writing, head over to our forums and submit an application! We also have a Discord for new members.

Forum Link: https://thousandtales.enjin.com/

As I'm just starting this up, I'm currently in need of literally every kind of character, as well as a few managers/officers to help me grow and manage this. I hope we can make legends together!

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Its always great seeing RP guilds ^^ I wish you and your guild the best of luck in Verra
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Thank you! I hope this works out finely as well!
  • Website isn't working D:

I cannot visit this tavern of tales!
  • Busted link unbusted! Come as you are!