Verra - Just returned from over 2,000 years of war

I think the reason why I could not understand the geography and tulnar race of Verra is because they have recently returned from over 2,000 years of war. Therefore, it would be impossible to conform to the ways of modern society, and therefore, the Common tongue.
d0ONbTY.jpg
Heron Marked Blade

Comments

  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Pioneer
    What?

    Once upon a time, a long time ago the 10 gods created the Ancients, but some of them sucked and rebelled along with 3 of the gods so the 7 created the elves, orcs, and dwarfs on Verra. The Ancients took this as a further insult and attacked the 7. Of course the magnificent 7 won and banished them to the void.

    Angry and wanting to get even with the 7 the 3 brought an armada to destroy Verra and they did. However, the Verrans were no push overs. They were battle hardened warriors after having fought each other for centuries and they formed a pact. A lightpact, and fought back. Once again the 3 and the Ancients were defeated and banished to the void, but they had the last laugh and the corruption they brought with them destroyed Verra in the end. The Verrans had no choice but to flee to Sanctus.

    On Sanctus Vek astronomers who had been studying Verra finally announced that the corruption was gone and it was safe to return home and here we come.

    Meanwhile, the 3 twice banished gods and Ancients were licking their wounds and plotting their revenge on their own planet called Spanctus.
    fNX2ISa.png


  • I like your style, Dexter.
    d0ONbTY.jpg
    Heron Marked Blade
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Leader of Men
    Hmmm...know we are just spitballin here. But has the timeline changed from some lore drop from 10k years to 2k?
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • It's 2019 AD.
    d0ONbTY.jpg
    Heron Marked Blade
  • I am confused...
    (As i am with most of Darksabers posts...)
    KkvMmA5.png
  • If you need any assistance with anything I'll do my best to help. Earth is a Freeport of sorts in this universe. I know you guys lost alot of good friends / family during the war. We have venison and ale or wine if you prefer. The guests shall arrive at first light. The hearthe is in the corner.
    d0ONbTY.jpg
    Heron Marked Blade
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds
    There is a role play area, if that is what you are actually attempting.
    Perhaps you should drop into one of the few friendly and already established taverns.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Azathoth wrote: »
    There is a role play area, if that is what you are actually attempting.
    Perhaps you should drop into one of the few friendly and already established taverns.

    I have forgotten about that. Thank you for the reminder.
    d0ONbTY.jpg
    Heron Marked Blade
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old
    edited November 23
    @sunfrog
    sunfrog wrote: »
    What?

    Once upon a time, a long time ago the 10 gods created the Ancients, but some of them sucked and rebelled along with 3 of the gods so the 7 created the elves, orcs, and dwarfs on Verra. The Ancients took this as a further insult and attacked the 7. Of course the magnificent 7 won and banished them to the void.

    Angry and wanting to get even with the 7 the 3 brought an armada to destroy Verra and they did. However, the Verrans were no push overs. They were battle hardened warriors after having fought each other for centuries and they formed a pact. A lightpact, and fought back. Once again the 3 and the Ancients were defeated and banished to the void, but they had the last laugh and the corruption they brought with them destroyed Verra in the end. The Verrans had no choice but to flee to Sanctus.

    On Sanctus Vek astronomers who had been studying Verra finally announced that the corruption was gone and it was safe to return home and here we come.

    Meanwhile, the 3 twice banished gods and Ancients were licking their wounds and plotting their revenge on their own planet called Spanctus.


    I have to pick this apart as I think you might have confused a few parts.

    The Ancients and the others were banished long before the 4 races were created. The four races were created after the 7 realized their mistakes with the ancients.

    We have no knowledge of the ancients or the others ever being defeated by the light pact or if the light pact is still present....that's the lore we have yet to discover.

    But seeing how the ancients are the monsters we fight in the MMO, safe to assume they weren't defeated.

    The Vek didn't exist during the time of the light pact in the form you may be referring, as most of the orcs were smaller clans and during the time of the APOC had only been reunited under the Kaal leader a short while, they were known as the kaivek protectorate. from what I am aware of since the races had only splintered off when they were in Sanctus, falling from the glory of their former selves the Kaivek They only come back through the portals during the time of the MMO as separated sub-races Vek and ren'kai. Unless I read that wrong you just shortened Kaivek to Vek.

    I have yet to find evidence that the Vek had access to tools to study verra from Sanctus, as it was only after a few millennia in the timeline that the gateways reanimated again, so for the vek inhabiting Sanctus to study them would be very difficult. The reason being, the only time the study of the gateways is mentioned is in the APOC lore when they try to activate/assemble one with magic items through alchemy but if magic was required to study them it would be impossible from Sanctus as no magic existed there. It isn't to say they couldn't but it would be a daunting effort through sciences, being that the gateways were summoned by divine means.

    So far from what we have been told is that once the gateways became active again the iron order was one of the few groups sent through to study the magics of VERRA and were able to find a way to dampen or nullify other forms of magic for defense purposes. It's possible some of them could've been Vek or REn'kai

    Sorry If I put a damper on your post.

  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old
    edited November 23
    Darksaber wrote: »
    I think the reason why I could not understand the geography and tulnar race of Verra is because they have recently returned from over 2,000 years of war. Therefore, it would be impossible to conform to the ways of modern society, and therefore, the Common tongue.

    The Tulnar did not return to a world, they simply popped their heads from below. They created their own civilization in what is known as the under realm. If they warred with each other is has not been mentioned but as with any civ, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility of there being a civil war or even a war with the other fae or other clans left on verra.
    Much like the races that inhabited verra before the fall they too cultivated a sprawling culture beneath and during the time of the MMO welcome outsiders and allow their own kind to venture outside and fuse with the newly arrived savages. As the tulnar had access to magic and the returning players came from a place without magic, it would be this one's opinion that the Tulnar should be well advanced.
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Pioneer
    I have a new theory which you'll hear in my next video. lol
    fNX2ISa.png


  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old
    sunfrog wrote: »
    I have a new theory which you'll hear in my next video. lol

    *rubs hand*

    I am ready
  • I'm sticking with my theory that the OP of this thread is someone experimenting with Open AI.
  • edited November 23
    What is "Open AI"? Open Artificial Intelligence?
    d0ONbTY.jpg
    Heron Marked Blade
  • Darksaber wrote: »
    What is "Open AI"? Open Artificial Intelligence?

    Imagine someone programming an basic ai and letting it learn freely on a specific platform. Google and facebook did that some time ago, and elon musk tried out a bot vs pros in dota, and the bot won most of the time.
    KkvMmA5.png
  • Darksaber wrote: »
    What is "Open AI"? Open Artificial Intelligence?

    This is exactly the kind of the Open AI would ask when someone spots it in the wild.
    Confirmed AI poster imo.
Sign In or Register to comment.