Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Came Back To Find A Lot Missing

I moved on from looking over the game for the past while (around September) and recently thought about the game and decided to come back to see how the progress has been since.

Anyone mind filling me in why on the site they removed all the information involving classes and races? Please don't tell me it's devolving into just a PvE version of Apocalypse.

Comments

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited December 2019
    https://ashesofcreation.com/news/class-list

I don't think I've ever looked at the main website to find info on races.
    The devs show us new concept art for racial buildings during the dev livestream each month. They have recently been working on Dwarf architecture. Dünir and Dünzenkell architecture were showcased in the most recent dev livestream a few weeks ago.
  • Dygz wrote: »

Yes that's the news article explaining them when they originally announced them on the site, but they also had it as a direct link in the site itself, not as an article the news section.
    I don't understand why that matters.
  • Dygz wrote: »

What matters is that they potentially removed content. Like I said, I came back after a while and I find content missing. That's the concern.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Feleas wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »

What matters is that they potentially removed content. Like I said, I came back after a while and I find content missing. That's the concern.

You came back and found a slightly different website layout, and instead of looking at what was there, decided to come here and complain.

That is what your concern should be - your willingness to complain before actually looking in to things yourself.
    Feleas wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »

Your example for classes is that they moved the location from one page to a different page; not that class info is missing. That's the part I don't understand.

Seems a bit odd that you would think between September and December the devs would choose to remove non-Human races from the game. PvE version of Apocalypse is an astonishing leap in logic.
    But, that's fine. We don't know what we don't know.

I'm not aware of any major features being removed from the MMORPG design.
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    News tab, scroll down to 'load more' and the Class list is on the blog. If you're looking for older things it's under the archives I believe.