Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Node design

I think i already know the answer to this but does a nodes environment change the way it looks at all? I know racial influence is a thing, i mean a node in a forest will obviously have trees here and there inside the city, what about a node in a mountainous or rocky area full of crags. Will i be seeing trees there when the natural environment around it is clearly void of any large vegetation. Mainly asking here because i have an exam during the next livestream
Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't think so.
    But, what would be cool is if the materials we use to build structures affected the appearance: oak v pine v redwood.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    thats a good question. you should ask that for the live stream
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

Fu :D
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • Options
    voidshadow wrote: »

Fu :D

hahaha ^^

but I was being honest it is a good question
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Just use the Google-'Fu'.
  • Options
    In the livestream of October they answer exactly this question;
    Yes, the same race influenced node will have different aesthetics depending on the biome it is located
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tOWO6vLnjs&t=4180s
    1:24:34
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Makinoji wrote: »

You do realize that bumping threads is against the forum rules. I am sure you have a good post count after today's run.

#3. Do not spam. Utilize minimal use of all caps, no advertising, “bumping”, or cross-posting.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

You do realize that bumping threads is against the forum rules. I am sure you have a good post count after today's run.

#3. Do not spam. Utilize minimal use of all caps, no advertising, “bumping”, or cross-posting.
    Since they clearly don’t enforce the spam rules, it’s unlikely they’ll enforce the others either.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »

Since they clearly don’t enforce the spam rules, it’s unlikely they’ll enforce the others either.

we have rules on the forum? thats news to me
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

ANARCHY!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »

ANARCHY!

Time to make my own rules for the forum
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Undeath To You All!
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    Undeath To You All!

I mean I do play lawful evil
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    Undeath To You All!

I mean I do play lawful evil
    Facebook-75ad69.png

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There is only the way of the murder hobo:
    True Neutral!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    True Neutral!

Never just a true neutral
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    True Neutral!

Never just a true neutral
    My alignment is False Neutral.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    To add an updated question, does anyone know if music will reflect the different biomes or is music just completely under the wraps for now?