Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Node design

I think i already know the answer to this but does a nodes environment change the way it looks at all? I know racial influence is a thing, i mean a node in a forest will obviously have trees here and there inside the city, what about a node in a mountainous or rocky area full of crags. Will i be seeing trees there when the natural environment around it is clearly void of any large vegetation. Mainly asking here because i have an exam during the next livestream
Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow

Comments

  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't think so.
    But, what would be cool is if the materials we use to build structures affected the appearance: oak v pine v redwood.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    thats a good question. you should ask that for the live stream
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Nagash wrote: »
    thats a good question. you should ask that for the live stream

    Fu :D
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    voidshadow wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    thats a good question. you should ask that for the live stream

    Fu :D

    hahaha ^^

    but I was being honest it is a good question
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Just use the Google-'Fu'.
  • In the livestream of October they answer exactly this question;
    Yes, the same race influenced node will have different aesthetics depending on the biome it is located
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tOWO6vLnjs&t=4180s
    1:24:34
    giphy.gif
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    ...
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Makinoji wrote: »
    ...

    You do realize that bumping threads is against the forum rules. I am sure you have a good post count after today's run.

    #3. Do not spam. Utilize minimal use of all caps, no advertising, “bumping”, or cross-posting.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Makinoji wrote: »
    ...

    You do realize that bumping threads is against the forum rules. I am sure you have a good post count after today's run.

    #3. Do not spam. Utilize minimal use of all caps, no advertising, “bumping”, or cross-posting.
    Since they clearly don’t enforce the spam rules, it’s unlikely they’ll enforce the others either.
     
    Hhak63P.png
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Atama wrote: »
    Makinoji wrote: »
    ...

    You do realize that bumping threads is against the forum rules. I am sure you have a good post count after today's run.

    #3. Do not spam. Utilize minimal use of all caps, no advertising, “bumping”, or cross-posting.
    Since they clearly don’t enforce the spam rules, it’s unlikely they’ll enforce the others either.

    we have rules on the forum? thats news to me
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nagash wrote: »
    Atama wrote: »
    Makinoji wrote: »
    ...

    You do realize that bumping threads is against the forum rules. I am sure you have a good post count after today's run.

    #3. Do not spam. Utilize minimal use of all caps, no advertising, “bumping”, or cross-posting.
    Since they clearly don’t enforce the spam rules, it’s unlikely they’ll enforce the others either.

    we have rules on the forum? thats news to me

    ANARCHY!
    roaaztC.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Atama wrote: »
    Makinoji wrote: »
    ...

    You do realize that bumping threads is against the forum rules. I am sure you have a good post count after today's run.

    #3. Do not spam. Utilize minimal use of all caps, no advertising, “bumping”, or cross-posting.
    Since they clearly don’t enforce the spam rules, it’s unlikely they’ll enforce the others either.

    we have rules on the forum? thats news to me

    ANARCHY!

    Time to make my own rules for the forum
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Undeath To You All!
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dygz wrote: »
    Undeath To You All!

    I mean I do play lawful evil
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »
    Undeath To You All!

    I mean I do play lawful evil
    Facebook-75ad69.png
     
    Hhak63P.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There is only the way of the murder hobo:
    True Neutral!
    roaaztC.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    There is only the way of the murder hobo:
    True Neutral!

    Never just a true neutral
    nJ0vUSm.gif

    The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »
    There is only the way of the murder hobo:
    True Neutral!

    Never just a true neutral
    My alignment is False Neutral.
     
    Hhak63P.png
  • To add an updated question, does anyone know if music will reflect the different biomes or is music just completely under the wraps for now?
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
Sign In or Register to comment.