Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Baby Yoda in AOC?

skafftarussskafftaruss Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
Greetings. I'm surprised no one has broached a potential baby yoda figure in AOC. That is, the urge of life to overcome destruction and death. Is there no hope for the weary in Verra to overcome evil? Does anyone know of lore where lifebringers or such favor little Verran souls to over come the gods? Is nature embodied in a god? Maybe @sunfrog has an inkling to this. I think baby yoda is cool and a similar theme would be awesome. What say you?

Comments

• Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The whole “baby Yoda” thing is just a rip off of Lone Wolf and Cub. If AoC is going to plagiarize something, at least plagiarize the source rather than another plagiarist.

I’d be a bit more accepting of a warrior pushing a baby around in a wheel barrow.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Great, next thing you know we will see Beskar metal in the AoC too.
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If baby Yoda is so great, then why did his parents abandon him?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    baby demogorgon > baby yoda...
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    when baby yoda can wipe out a planet then I will be worried till then I have rats to kill
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nagash wrote: »
    when baby yoda can wipe out a planet then I will be worried till then I have rats to kill

Bone man called Snikch?
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

Bone man called Snikch?

still have to use arkhan till I get my own game
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    There won't be any pop culture references from all the replies Steven has given about the matter.
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Also remember that @Steven is a Star Trek fan, not a Star Wars fan.
    So, maybe a baby Chewie?
  • Options
    Also remember that @Steven is a Star Trek fan, not a Star Wars fan.
    So, maybe a baby Chewie?

Perhaps not but maybe a baby Will Wheaton...
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    A baby Picard would be interesting...
  • Options
    “Please change my diaper, I just did a Number One.”

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Well, we know there is something weird going on with DNA on Verra, and baby Yoda looks like a cross between an elf, a frog, and a barrel cactus. We also have a precedent for pop culture references in the game with this month's Game of Thrones themed cosmetics. So baby Yoda is possible.

Baby Yoda's ability to manipulated The Force is very similar to our ability to manipulate the Essence, and we know there are religious nodes and paths to mastery, and we have space travel via the portals.

What we don't know is WHEN Verra is/was taking place. It could be the year 2020, 5020, or, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away. It's possible that baby Yoda is the first of his kind and that he grew up and mastered the Essence before taking his family to live on what would later become the Yoda species homeworld. There he could have founded the Jedi religion using the religious knowledge he learned on Verra and fathered many, many, children. We know Yoda is/was/nospoilers 900 years old and if he's as prolific as a rabbit, well, that might be enough to start a new civilization on a barren planet.

Is AOC part of the Star Was universe? Steven Sharif lives in California and so does George Lucas. George Lucas could be a secret investor in AOC. Lucas has partnered with other video games before.
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    sunfrog wrote: »
    Well, we know there is something weird going on with DNA on Verra, and baby Yoda looks like a cross between an elf, a frog, and a barrel cactus. We also have a precedent for pop culture references in the game with this month's Game of Thrones themed cosmetics. So baby Yoda is possible.

Baby Yoda's ability to manipulated The Force is very similar to our ability to manipulate the Essence, and we know there are religious nodes and paths to mastery, and we have space travel via the portals.

What we don't know is WHEN Verra is/was taking place. It could be the year 2020, 5020, or, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away. It's possible that baby Yoda is the first of his kind and that he grew up and mastered the Essence before taking his family to live on what would later become the Yoda species homeworld. There he could have founded the Jedi religion using the religious knowledge he learned on Verra and fathered many, many, children. We know Yoda is/was/nospoilers 900 years old and if he's as prolific as a rabbit, well, that might be enough to start a new civilization on a barren planet.

Is AOC part of the Star Was universe? Steven Sharif lives in California and so does George Lucas. George Lucas could be a secret investor in AOC. Lucas has partnered with other video games before.

*sigh* sunfrog you are one hell of a guy :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    only if he has Sandals
  • Options
    sunfrog wrote: »

What? lol

One thing everyone should take away is that IS has gone back on their word about pop references. ...
    What else are they going to go back on?
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How about tribbles?
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    I want gremlins or the minions from overlord
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Picard could use a tribble for a toupee.
  • Options
    T Elf wrote: »
    How about tribbles?
    They’re trouble.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dont we already have a creepy baby yoda?

Troll_of_Joyous_Artillery.png
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    896409-952374_20080822_001.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    Dont we already have a creepy baby yoda?

Troll_of_Joyous_Artillery.png

I think that’s Dobby the House Elf after he got old and fat and then joined a militia group.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
  • Options
    You have *got* to be kidding me. Anyone ever seen a dracolich?

I have one ^^

Im going to have to pick from the dracolich or the zombie as a pet
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited December 2019
    gcKRmcL.png
    fNX2ISa.png