Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

@intrepid email notification for node seige

leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
straightforward message: i would find it handy to receive email notification if my node will be attacked, then only ingame notifications. Yes or no? :)

Comments

• Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited December 2019
    In game sure, but when I'm not logged into the game, I'm 99% of the time not thinking about it and my inbox already gets enough abuse from people trying to sell me sub-prime mortgages and boner-enlargement
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Keep it in-game, I have enough apps and email unread
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I'm fairly sure they have said something about notifications for this sort of thing, and I see no reason why e-mail shouldn't be an option.

My personal preference would be an app that integrates notifications for sieges (allowing you to pick any node on your server and get notifications), world events/monster coin events, and also linking it up to your guild to allow for guild chat from the app, and access to in game guild resources like calendars or what ever else they implement.
  • Options
    leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yeah @noaani that's also my preference :) I would love an app that can interact with the game
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited December 2019
    considering sieges take weeks to plan I dought you will miss the call to war
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Discord notification in addition to in-game notification.
    Ashes app would be fine as well.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    Discord notification in addition to in-game notification.
    Ashes app would be fine as well.

discord would be odd as there are so many nodes on different servers to be practical plus it just invites trouble
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    They have said that some notifications will get pushed to via the mobile app that gets deployed after launch.

Given that no siege can insta pop, you always have at least the following:

Village 2 Days
    Town 3 Days
    City 4 Days
    Metro 5 Days

notification before a Siege.

I'm sure that Discords will pop up for each server and you'll be getting information.

So just make sure that you pop in every day so you know if you are getting sieged.

hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Wait a second... you guys dont read spam mails? But how will the nigerian prince get enough funding to transport all his gold?!?
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Damokles wrote: »
    Wait a second... you guys dont read spam mails? But how will the nigerian prince get enough funding to transport all his gold?!?

We don't read spam mail.

Mail from a Nigerian prince is obviously not spam!
  • Options
    sarkadosarkado Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    An in-game notification if you're within the sphere of your node that would make the most sense. I don't want to be spoon fed every bit of information, it takes away from the experience. If your node is getting attacked you're either there or you aren't simple enough. I'm sure most people in guilds will have Discord etc. and will know this information relatively quick. I'm also sure there is supposed to be scheduled times these events are allotted to take place too, so I'm not overly concerned either way.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    sarkado wrote: »
    An in-game notification if you're within the sphere of your node that would make the most sense. I don't want to be spoon fed every bit of information, it takes away from the experience. If your node is getting attacked you're either there or you aren't simple enough. I'm sure most people in guilds will have Discord etc. and will know this information relatively quick. I'm also sure there is supposed to be scheduled times these events are allotted to take place too, so I'm not overly concerned either way.
    I endorse this. If I’m in a position to respond let me know. Otherwise don’t pester me.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    sarkadosarkado Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Atama wrote: »
    I endorse this. If I’m in a position to respond let me know. Otherwise don’t pester me.

Of course, end of the day we are just debating ideas that may or may not happen since Intrepid is keeping silent for now :smile:
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Atama wrote: »

Of course, end of the day we are just debating ideas that may or may not happen since Intrepid is keeping silent for now :smile:
    And mostly ignoring the forums as well.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Just here to show off my top fan badge.

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    hmmmm
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    tugowar wrote: »
    Just here to show off my top fan badge.

hope seige is worth the price ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif